[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
who best?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 99
Thread images: 11
File: villains-blue.jpg (117 KB, 619x277) Image search: [Google]
villains-blue.jpg
117 KB, 619x277
who best?
>>
pulpy teen
>>
>>63631655
Grievous.
Maul is wasted potential though, it should have just been him throughout the trilogy instead of Dooku. The duel at the beginning of RotS would have actually been really climactic and cool if it was like that.
>>
>>63631655
maul
>>
>>63631655
Dooku
>>
>>63631655
Grievous (Clone Wars) > Maul > Dooku > shit > Grievous (Ep3)
>>
Maul. Dooku would have been best if he had more screen time.
>>
>>63631655
Greaveous
>>
>>63631743
>Grievous (Clone Wars)
Samurai Jack or CG?
>>
Grievous had amazing design
>>
>>63631896
Honestly both.
>>
>>63631896
>>63631945
I felt he really was a dangerous, cunning enemy in the Samurai Jack Wars. He comes off as very saturday-morning tier in the CG series, which was a bit of a let down.
>>
>>63631655
>character with no story
>character with no story
>character with no story

They're all shit. Rip in peace Christopher, I'm so sorry.
>>
>>63631743
Maul handed Grievous his ass during the clone wars multiple times. Maul's only real weakness was overconfidence a mistake he made sure not to make again. The only time he did was when he underestimated Sidious but no one really new the full power of Sidious
>>
>>63631655

All of them failed to live up to their potential. I will say this, though, when Christopher Lee said "I'm more powerful than any Jedi!" to Yoda, it genuinely sounded like a fallen Padawan speaking to his Master, even at eighty years of age. Man was a great actor.

>>63631708

Myself, I would have preferred Dooku to be present throughout the trilogy and Grievous and Maul to be one and the same. It would have been very possible for the Palpatine is a SITH LORD reveal to work as an actual shock (to anyone who was watching in episode order) with just a bit of effort at keeping Sidious further in the background.
>>
>>63631655
they all suck..
>>
File: YarnaDdalGargan_bg[1].jpg (118 KB, 652x800) Image search: [Google]
YarnaDdalGargan_bg[1].jpg
118 KB, 652x800
>>63631655
Her. Listed as "Fat Dancer" in the credits.
>>
>>63631655
>Maul
Literally no personality or lines
No story
Has like 5 minutes of screen time
Has cool lightsaber and coolest fight in the prequels

>Dooku
Based Christopher Lee
No story
At least some character
Has cool lightsaber
Shit fights

>Grievance
Don't know if he's supposed to be comic or intimidating
Pretty good CGI for its time
Voice too edgy
Has 4 lightsabers
Shit fights

I honestly don't know, they are all shit. Maul is the coolest, but I'll go with Dooku.
>>
jango > everyone
>>
Maul
>>
File: 1.webm (525 KB, 1920x816) Image search: [Google]
1.webm
525 KB, 1920x816
>>63631655

Grievous because hes not a Sith hes a warrior who just likes to kill Jedi
>>
File: 2.webm (756 KB, 1920x816) Image search: [Google]
2.webm
756 KB, 1920x816
>>63632365
>>
It blows my mind how good the villain designs in Star Wars are and Lucas manages to not do anything cool with the villains.
>>
>>63631655
Maul

>literally the definition of badass
>best fighting scene in all of prequel
>agile as fuck.
>coolest lightsaber
>>
>>63631655
Grievous, but RotS ruined him.
>>
>>63632492
also

>best theme song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H0p_Qj7khJE
>>
>>63632492
>>63632565
You are both right. But he wasn't a character.
It depends on what you want from that movie. If you watch it just for the coolness and fights then he's obviously the best out of all the movies.
>>
>>63631655
Dooku was by far the most skilled. Plus he's Christopher Lee.
>>
>Darth Maul before "Death"
Flat, Barely even speaks
>Darth Maul after "Death"
Flat, Speaks too much, hurr durr revenge

Count Dookie
>Became Sith to stop Palpy
>Even asked Obi-Wan to join him and help stop Palpy
>Literally gave away Palpy's plans to Obi-Wan

General Grievous CGI/Cartoon
>Bad Ass Nigga who doesn't fuck around
>Really interesting character motivations
General Grievous RotS
>Cowardly Faggot who has no motivations and a cough that is unexplained in the movie, but in the Cartoon, where he had his bitch lungs crushed by Massa Dindu

BUT. All of them fucking pale in comparison to Admiral Trench who stole the show in Clone Wars in literally every episode he was in, even the unfinished episode where Anakin kills his bitch ass.
>>
Grievous, i guess

Well, logically, it should be Grievous
>>
>>63632707
He has been expanded upon in the new universe though. He was pretty prevalent in the Clone Wars cartoon and he had his own four part comic series.
>>
>>63632839
You're right, I forgot that Clone Wars is canon. I liked how he fucked up Pre Viszla without even using force attacks while Viszla used like 5 gadgets and weapons.
To be honest, everyone was better character in the Clone Wars.
>>
>>63631655
perfect would be Maul becoming Grievous after some fight

scrap Dooku
>>
>>63632773
This is what I didn't get. How couldn't Dooku know that his master was Palpatine? That hood didn't hide shit.
>>
>>63632949
Anakin, specially.
>>
>tfw Master Sifo-Dyas has more backstory than any of the villains who appeared in the films
>>
>>63633005
I agree. I always hated prequels mostly because Anakin was such a fucking faggot. In TCW he's cool. I wonder if it's just that non-faggot sounding voice actor or better script.
>>
Maul should have survived in ep1 and appear in all prequels. First hes just a muscle but would grow in to a leader like grievance and duuku. Too many henchmen in the movies and having a new one in every movie breaks the character continuum for the bad guys.
>>
>>63632949
Yeah they actually gave them character in the Clone Wars. It wasn't a great show but at least they tried to do something with the potentially awesome villains.
>>
>>63633376

How do you survive being cut in half? If Maul became some sort of Grievous' character would make more sense than a literally who popping up.
>>
>>63633433
He should have been defeated in some other way. Or just escape
>>
>>63633356
Better script and 'better directing' (which means: Lucas is not ordering Hayden around on how to do shit).

If Natalie Portman couldn't get over that shitty directing and shitty script why would Hayden Christensen? Padmé is much cooler at TCW too...
>>
>>63633393
Grievous is shit-tier in the cartoon unless at his lair's episode. He lost all the time and fleed every fucking encounter he had with the Jedis... Shitty General.

Dooku was only slightly more competent.
>>
>>63632086
They revealed Palpatine's identity in The Phantom Menace when at Qui-Gon's funeral, Obi-Wan tells Anakin that there are always two Sith and Maul's master is still alive. It zoomed into a shot of Sheev's face as he said it and played ominous music.
>>
Design wise I like them all. They could've all been pretty cool if it wasn't for their poor execution. Sadly, all suck ass.
If I had to choose I'd say Grievous though, considering the spin-off animated shows.
>>
Is clone wars worth watching? I tried 2 episodes and it felt like shit but maybe that's just season 1?
>>
>>63632027
Maul literally never versed Grievous in TCW
>>
>>63633792
they could have just dropped that scene
this "always two there are" bullshit was made up purely to hype up Sheev
>>
>>63631655
>Maul
Honestly I've never liked him. The design is so OTT and he has no personality other than being evil. His lightsaber just seems like a gimmick

>Dooku
An interesting character in that he's a good demonstration of a force-user who didn't side with the jedi. He's not necessarily evil and he shows how the jedi can be very single-minded in the way they tracked him down just for opposing them.

Of course, Lee made the character

>Grievous
Great design, but like maul it just feels wasted. Not enough screen-time, he should probably have been involved with the CIS meetings in AotC
>>
>>63633839
Prequels: great designs and shitty execution - The trilogy
>>
>>63633856
There are some cool eps at the first 2 seasons, but most of 'em are kinda filler-tier. The third season is amazing and it's when the show finds itself. The first two episodes, focused on clone troopers defending Kamino, are the best ones of the entire series for me up until the final four ones of the 5th season.
>>
Grievous in RotS was the emboment of wasted potential, but the concept and lore behind him is really cool
>>
Grievous probably, considering he destroyed like a hundred jedi in the cartoon
>>
>>63632027
>Sidious
who?
>>
Last time I checked, Maul killed a Jedi Master.

Dooku didn't kill anyone, and Grevious supposedly killed people offscreen, but we have no proof of that.
>>
>>63635069
dooku nearly killed yoda m8, I'm sure he could have killed a few jedi if he'd wanted to
>>
>>63635069
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIj7gIDFDe4
>>
Dooku with zero doubt.

He's incredible.
>>
>>63635107
>nearly
>>63635178
I don't watch children's cartoons, anon.
>>
>>63635069
Grievous has at least two and "Savage Opresss" Killled at least one w/ an Axe. Not a bit deal at the time.
>>
>>63635221
it's canon familia
>>
>>63635221
but you watch children's movies?
>>
>>63631976
I liked his voice in the samurai jack cartoon better too instead of that weird coughing eastern european voice
>>
Grievous made Maul flee like a little bitch, so that one's easy
>>
>>63635069
Dooku > Maul > Grievous

Grievous has only killed scrub tier Jedi knights. He's held his own against a few masters, but has fled them. His escapes are referred to as his "usual cowardice". Cannot use the Force.

Maul was a beast with rare tactics, possibly limited Force usage. Evenly matched 2 blades vs 2 Blades with a competent Jedi and a Padawan. Overwhelmed the Master with meme tactics and exhaustion, underestimated his opponent when he had an easy kill. No lightning, weak Force power.

Dooku was a great duelist, held his own against Yoda and an ObiWan/Anakin duel twice. Defeated by betrayal by Palpatine and the darkside of Skywalker, but had defeated (though not killed) Obi Wan. Lightning and Force mastery.

There is no other answer.
>>
>>63632976
He did
>>
>>63631655
maul is the best and most original character and totally wasted, best fighting style best visual style a new lightsaber and his motivations are clear, hes a puppet of palp and a diehard sith

honestly they should of keept maul for the whole trilogy and he would of been the OG vader
>>
>>63635315
>Evenly matched
>loses

Pick one
>>
>>63633433
well he didn't suffer from blood loss and no vital organs were damaged why should he die from that?
>>
File: clonewarsguide1.jpg (2 MB, 1592x2556) Image search: [Google]
clonewarsguide1.jpg
2 MB, 1592x2556
>>63633856
Here you go
>>
What we got? Dooku.
Potential? Maul.

Even in the shitty Trilogy we got they should have kept Maul around to be a reminder to Obi-wan about his failure to kill / capture him at the end of Episode 1. They could have even played with the whole 'rule of two' thing with everyone assuming Dooku is the big bad and then Papa Paply comes out and it's like OH SHIT, rather than it being obvious from that final scene in Attack of the Clones that Palpatine was behind it all.

Give him some characterization, have him try to assassinate Armadillo in the 2nd one, fight with Anakin while Obi is forced to watch in the Colosseum. Then 2 on 2 duel with Anakin-Obi / Maul-Dooku for the finale with no dumb ass Yoda. Obi-Wan succumbs to rage and leaves Anakin to handle Dooku (obviously stronger) and kills Maul but Anakin loses his hand, Obi-Wan gets an actual character arc, has his own brush with the Dark Side.

Fuck man, the prequels were so fucking bad. Like, just threading this little story throughout Attack of the Clones instantly makes the whole thing much much better.
>>
>>63635361
Maul vs Qui Gon and Obi Wan ended in a draw.
Maul vs Qui Gon was a win
Maul vs Obi Wan was a loss. It was the only use of Obi Wan flirting with his anger, which allowed him to disable one of Maul's blades but Maul caught him off guard and it nearly cost him his life until he cleared his head and emotions, surrendered to the Force and made the leap over Maul with his master's blade.
>>
Reminder that this is the man who voiced Darth Maul's few lines

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1NjTWvl8x-U
>>
File: jango.jpg (87 KB, 768x432) Image search: [Google]
jango.jpg
87 KB, 768x432
If you take the lore behind Jango, outside of the movies, I'd say he's pretty dope. JANGO IS THE BEST.
>>
>>63635672

> tfw they're not going to resurrect his GotG character to be Nova Prime.

Sucks to be honest, Serafinowicz is a bro.
>>
>>63635269
Just the children's cgi films with a few live action actors.
>>
>>63631655
Dooku
>actually had fucking dialogue
>established, at least given some fucking backstory that isn't just 'the bad guy'
>a bit of mystery as well
>a little bit of expanded character
>didn't need to watch some cartoon show to know who the fuck he is.

>>63635700
>be Lucas
>accidentally make a real bad-ass character
>Kill him off anticlimactically like a cartoon villain with his Jet-pack
>do prequel
>okay people liked him so lets with no real connection suddenly say all Storm Troopers are Boba Fett and make them all super commandos, and inherently make the cannon fodder Storm Troops shit in comparison
>and kill Jango anticlimactically because of his jet-pack
>>
>>63635370
He wouldn't be able to defecate, that would have killed him slowly and painfully.
>>
Kyle Katarn would kick all their asses
>>
>>63635700

>Luke did I ever tell you about the bounty hunter Jango Fett? He was employed by the sith lord Count Dooku and attempted to assassinate your mother shortly before the clone wars. Meanwhile, he was also helping to create and train the army of the old republic. Did I also ever tell you that nobody found this suspicious at all?
>>
File: hackfraud.jpg (92 KB, 620x372) Image search: [Google]
hackfraud.jpg
92 KB, 620x372
>>63635700
>Lucas Follows up one of his biggest mistakes of Killing of Boba like he was just muscle by making Him be in 2
>AWESOME this will be cool, who will he fight?
>Oh he's the dad? Eh i can get behind that i guess, explains the Time Gap
>a.. clone? Um okay
>oh wait he's actually the entire fucking Clone Army and every storm trooper?
>and you killed him in a similar throw away manner?

It's like Carpentry
>>
>>63631655
>Maul-Best mascot character to slap on merch like coffee mugs or beach towels
>Dooku-Best evil leader villain of the three but a crappy toy
>Grievous-best action figure, shit at anything else
>>
File: Grievoushead.jpg (206 KB, 1302x1650) Image search: [Google]
Grievoushead.jpg
206 KB, 1302x1650
>>63636805
Written like an utter fucking retard
>kidnap me bro
>doesn't know Who Sidious is
This is worse than Death Star Exhaust port logic

He wasn't TOO bad a character.
Just relying on a fucking cartoon to establish a character, and expect anyone to have a clue who he is was dogshit. I mean he has an interesting enough Origin.

This could have been okay with at least just a little bit of fucking insight, i mean shit a few lines of dialogue that establish who he is, rather than just acting like we should know who the fuck he is.
>>
>>63636898
>Waaaah only the Tartakovsky cartoon counts! All the other stuff in the movie and six seasons of Clone Wars is faaaakkkke!!!!

He was a mustache twirling cartoon bad guy that waved his fist at the good guys and declared he would get them next time. Beyond that he was that villain that got his ass handed to him and ran away each and every time he did anything at all.

Fun toy/video game design, but he literally has nothing else at all.
>>
>>63637003
>Waaaah only the Tartakovsky cartoon counts! All the other stuff in the movie and six seasons of Clone Wars is faaaakkkke!!!!

Wat relying on a show to establish canon in a fucking movie series is smart, or a good idea how? They never did it outside of 3. I'm just saying making him a literal who with no context, while also regarding him as a force to be reckoned with/Major villain, is utterly fucking retarded
>>
File: GrievousRevealed.jpg (770 KB, 2250x2600) Image search: [Google]
GrievousRevealed.jpg
770 KB, 2250x2600
>>63636805
>I don't know shit about the character and will talk out of my ass!
>Hey guys look I'm pretending to know things!

Why don't you get to know our friend Clone Wars cartoon Grievous. Then come back and shut the fucking fuck up mmkay?
>>
>>63631655
Sheev
>>
>>63637003
You mean the series that established the character with a defined introduction and example as to why he should be feared? The series created the character that Lucas adapted to the film. He was that fucking popular a character. I think it shows the level of importance the series has even if you want to just pretend it never happened.
>>
>>63636805
>>Maul-Best......

Stopped reading right here

Your opinion is shit anon. Fuck off back to reddit right now.
>>
>>63637109
>Why don't you get to know our friend Clone Wars cartoon Grievous. Then come back and shut the fucking fuck up mmkay?

It's not that the cartoon wasn't decent and maybe even better than the Prequels or , they kind of are or that Grievance is a literal who? . It's that in the context of the Movies hes a dog shit literal who with no context or setup, who is unbearably stupid. And had a stupid ass illogical plan. Tho that was also alot of Sheev being a retard.

Don't scream and cry because no-one watches cartoons in the same canon mindset as you, fucking manchild. Probably just like the PEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEW WOOSH WOOSH part of star wars huh?
>>
>>63633792
I was 6 when I saw the Phantom Menace and I knew that Palpatine was Sidious instantly. That hood didn't disguise him at all.
>>
>>63631655
you're mother
>>
Dooku if he was 15 years younger and wasn't riddled with arthritis.
>>
File: neeson.jpg (65 KB, 770x621) Image search: [Google]
neeson.jpg
65 KB, 770x621
Reminder that Darth Maul was the only character able to kill a character played by Liam Neeson in any film (Batman Begins doesn't count, he kills himself)
>>
>>63635315
>meme tactics
okay this made me laugh.
>>
>>63639153
This. Much as I like based Lee, the role should have gone to someone who looked like their legs wouldn't snap if they did any leaping scenes.
>>
>>63636805
>Reddit the post
>>
>>63639703
>Standard /tv/ reply #2615
>>
>>63639838
>Reddit the snappy response
Thread replies: 99
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.