[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>33mm What the fuck were Matt and Trey thinking? I didn't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 115
Thread images: 9
File: file.png (225 KB, 421x486) Image search: [Google]
file.png
225 KB, 421x486
>33mm

What the fuck were Matt and Trey thinking? I didn't even mind the "muh guns are bad" message of the episode because it was an obvious strawman done for comedy. But at least get a basic understanding of guns before commenting on them.
>>
>>63630934
>the "muh guns are bad" message of the episode

Was it though? Didn't they resolve all of their arguments by pointing guns at each other and then saying "gee we should have had these the whole time." And the fact that no one was killed by guns the whole episode. It was obviously an exageration of the argument that "everyone should have guns to be safe" done for comedic effect, but yet the portrayal of that view was nothing but positive in the episode, overall.
>>
>>63630984

Yea that's true.
>>
>>63630984
That's the whole joke, you're expected to believe they'll kill themselves but they end up resolving everything. It's played for comedy though because in the real world they'd have shot themselves
>>
Maybe they wanted the autistic gun nuts to point this out. They have been known for trolling.
>>
They didn't use the guns because they aren't black.
>>
>>63631023
>It's played for comedy though because in the real world they'd have shot themselves
Not quite. When everyone is in a position to kill or be killed easily, all that is left to do is to talk it out. Standoffs usually boil down to negotiation because everyone is afraid the other is going to shoot.
>>
>>63630934
> Poorly researched mocking and ham fisted messages are okay when they're aimed at things I dislike
>>
what a shitty ending to the season
>>
Me in the left
>>
>>63631883
Who are you quoting?
>>
>>63630934
hahaha fuckin gun nerd
>>
>>63630934
Triggered republicunts general.
>>
>>63630934
found the conservatard gun nut
>>
better take your gun and shoot someone
>>
>>63631944
>>63631949
>>63632004
>>63631973
samefag
>>
>>63632025
Nice try, faggot.
>>
>>63632025
shoot him
>>
>>63630934
the gun names were just nonsense "breeds"
that was the joke
>>
>>63630934
It wasn't a pro-gun or anti-gun message. It was just a nod to the gun issue. The guns end up making everything work out better.
>>
File: You.png (5 KB, 450x143) Image search: [Google]
You.png
5 KB, 450x143
>>63632054
Fuck off it was all me
>>
Most disappointing season finale ever.
>>
>>63630934
>hurr durr my guns
>hurr durr you got it wrong
>hurr durr beaners took my job
>hurr durr fuck south park

You're the person they were trying to piss off. Congrats you're no better than a sjw tumblr fegget.

oh, and btw..
you're a faggot
>>
>>63632203
This, they even called a shotgun a Rhodesian Ridgeback, which is this type of dog: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rhodesian_Ridgeback

The whole thing was mostly just a dog show with guns instead of dogs.
>>
>>63632364
That's pretty homophobic and not very progressive of you. I thought it was 2015 and you can't say mean things to people anymore?
>>
>>63632364

Did you even read the OP?
>>
>>63632335
Not when #HappyHolograms exists.
>>
>>63632408
Hes bitching about how they didnt properly address the weapons or have a basic understanding.
They dont care about the gun aficionados who bitch about their improper naming or rather the lack of. Its a fucking tv show about children that havent aged in 10+years and this piece of shit expects them to have every detail correct?
Its just like the sjws expecting them to respect bruce
>>
>>63632243
this is just sloppy
>>
>>63630934

>at least get a basic understanding of guns before commenting on them

They obviously did it to piss off gun fags like you, and guess what, it worked.
>>
>We're gonna need some guns
>Okay, we have guns.
>>
Some stupid fucking liberals in this thread.

>Parker and Stone are both libertarians
>both strong supporters of the second amendment
>"n-no guys, they did the episode because they're ANTI-gun!"
>>
>>63633796
Only the gun-nuts think that they're anti-gun.
>>
>>63631847
>I'm a gun nut who is disconnected with reality.
>>
>>63630984
the joke didn't feel like it was saying anything about gun control to me.
It felt more like just pure parody of how in movies characters resolve their disagreements by yelling at each other at gunpoint.
>>
>>63630934
Don't they live in Commiefornia?
That's like asking a Chinaman how to act in a civilized world
>>
>>63630984
>Was it though?

This, I was actually really surprised at the
>guns dont solve anything
>what about when you were almost killed by lesley
>oh yeah I guess youre right
>>
>>63633934
You're right, that Cliven Bundy thing was a massacre
>>
I know that Trey has a gun/guns so maybe it's some sort of joke
>>
>>63634025
Oh wow, your single anecdote totally curtailed the opposing viewpoint!
>>
File: 1447525127218.png (391 KB, 1024x887) Image search: [Google]
1447525127218.png
391 KB, 1024x887
>>63632364
>you're no better than a sjw tumblr fegget.
>>
>>63632364
Dat microagression tho
>>
>>63634096
Still one more than you've provided
>>
>>63633960
Colorado
>>
It wasn't anti-gun though.

Not a single bullet was fired during that episode. That message was "guns can be used to deter crime" although "crime" in this context was just family drama.
>>
>>63634143
I mean Matt Parker and Trey Stone
>>
>>63634236
They're from Colorado.
>>
>>63633796
What the fuck are you talking about, the only people saying they are anti-gun in this thread are people in favor of the second amendment.

"Liberal" is just a meaningless boogeyman at this point.
>>
>>63634260
Yeah. But I mean the creators of the show. Not the characters
>>
>>63634110
Great strawman faggot

>only secret SJWs would ever criticise the hypocrisy from the autists that get triggered everytime a black man's on tv
>>
>>63634110
>>63634376
Actually, that's my bad. It's not a strawman, it's a false equivalency
>>
>>63634357
They are literally from Colorado. The two faggots met each other while they were attending University of Colorado in Boulder and subsequently made non-homosexual buttsex with each other's assholes.
>>
>>63634434
>mind=blown
>>
>>63634454
They discussed this in one of their earlier seasons (the part where they start each episode in that mountain cabin or where they start each episode with that cowboy bit, or none of these I forget)

>someone's coming
>>
>>63630934

He didn't say 33 mm you fucking idiot.
>>
>>63630934

I have been saving up for my first handgun purchase. I was going to get a 10mm Glock.

I spent the money on a quadcopter instead, because of this episode.
>>
File: KABOOM.jpg (31 KB, 515x358) Image search: [Google]
KABOOM.jpg
31 KB, 515x358
>>63630934
>muh guns are bad
but they didn't made any joke about guns being bad you retard

>mfw guntards know deep down guns are bad even an innocent joke about guns makes them think people realized guns are bad and try to defend them
>>
>>63633934
I guess that's why we have negotiation experts come in when hostage situations happen. Because no person with a gun can be reasoned with if there's another person with a gun pointing theirs at them.

Stop acting silly and make a point.
>>
>>63634548
How does it feel to be a effiminate loser?
>>
>>63634721

>guns make me a man
>>
>>63634096
Shithead everybody in Iowa and South Dakota and Montaba have fucking 1911s on their hips and AK47s in their houses.

Why do those states have virtually zero murders?

The answer is that there's no niggers but you can't tell that obvious truth anywhere in public so I welcome other explanations
>>
>>63634768
*Montana
>>
>>63634768

>why do those states have virtually zero murders

Because virtually nobody lives in any of them.
>>
>>63634768
Iowa's murder rate in 2014: 1.9
The murder rate for the entire country of France in 2014: 1.31

You Americans sicken the rest of the world.
>>
>>63634820
That's why murder rates are measured per 100,000 citizens dipshit
>>
>>63634839
Can't wait to see those 2015 numbers :^)
>>
>>63634721

I have an awesome pair of balls; I'm good.
>>
>>63634843

Not sure if trolling or just retarded.
>>
>>63634923
Proofs
>>
>mfw there are communists ITT who aren't ready to pay the price of freedom
Let me guess, I bet you guys also think having a sub par health system is "unfair" and "dangerous". I am just happy with my 450 lbs and I don't believe anything these "scientists" say anyway.
>>
>>63631847
Ever hear of something called the wild west?
>>
>>63630934
That's part of the joke retard.
>>
>>63635006
Yeah, it was statistically less violent than eastern cities in the same time period.
>>
>>63635006
Yes, it's what happens when you send the most undesirable subjects of a country (thieves and people who'd follow religion over country laws) to colonize a place and they still managed to develop the world superpower out of it.

Bad example, son. Guns also saved that same superpower from the oppressive power of the country that send them to colonize the land.
>>
>>63635025
>>63635025
This is a fun little read if you're interested in why I believe what I've said. It argues on both ends. http://www.academia.edu/4673371/Homicide_Rates_in_the_Old_West
>>
File: boysclub3explain.gif (23 KB, 483x615) Image search: [Google]
boysclub3explain.gif
23 KB, 483x615
>at least get a basic understanding of guns before commenting on them

But if people did that then no one would be anti-gun...
>>
>>63634871
lol
America still wins
>>
>>63631847

>everyone is afraid

How come gun-nuts go back and forth whenever it's convenient for them to argue which side is advocating living in fear?

They have to be one of the biggest groups to make arguments based purely on their emotions.
>>
>>63630934
What was the fucking point of this season? How companies have anything to do SJW cancer?
>>
>>63634839
That's because France counts Muslims killing French people as animal slaughter.
>>
>>63635224
You should be afraid of the consequences of your actions against other people. No one should be seen as an easy. harmless target. Ideally, this would be achieved with respect, but respect given easy can also be taken out easily.

One good way to ensure everyone is safe is to know everyone can defend themselves against an assailant, and that if someone starts behaving in a threateningly manner they can be kept under control or neutralized. You can't get rid of humanity's aggression, but you can give means for people to protect themselves from it.
>>
I've always found talking to Europeans pretty pointless because Europe is a continental death cult, a civilization determined to end as comfortably as possible.

Britain, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Greece, they're all places that can be accurately described as "formerly great nations."

When there's some global crisis and the United States, China and Russia are frantically discussing it, do you think any of them ever say "We should ask Norway what they think we should do, those guys have great health insurance"?
>>
>>63634871
Shut up.
>>
>>63635527
>We should ask Norway what they think we should do, those guys have great health insurance
>norway
>health insurance
kek
>>
>>63635527
Norway led the Paris climate group formulating the long-term goals.
>>
>>63635527
>When there's some global crisis and the United States, China and Russia are frantically discussing it

Okay, hold up, Im gonna stop you there
Exactly which global crises could you possibly be referring to where the US, China and Russia are all trying to solve and where Britain, France and Germany are doing nothing?
Like literally, name just 1
>>
>>63635602
>led the fight against climate change
lol I bet they've got great policies against unicorn invasion too
>>
>>63635630
>>>/pol/
>>
>>63635610
Any situation in Asia, such as the status of Taiwan or the Senkaku Islands

France and Germany also sat firmly with their thumbs up their asses through the Iraq and Afghan conflicts
>>
>>63635686
>the status of Taiwan or the Senkaku Islands
>global crisis
yeah right
>France and Germany also sat firmly with their thumbs up their asses through the Iraq and Afghan conflicts
No they didn't. However, if they did, would that be because they weren't asked? No, it would be becasue they didn't want to join.
>>
>>63635686
>Any situation in Asia, such as the status of Taiwan or the Senkaku Islands
How are these global crises in any definition?

>France and Germany also sat firmly with their thumbs up their asses through the Iraq and Afghan conflicts
Choosing not to participate in war which directly lead to the formulation of ISIS seems like a good move in hindsight doesn't it?
>>
>>63632025
Tired of this meme. They have different post numbers, dipship, how could it be samefagging.
>>
>>63635730
Are you a fucking Europoor? Because I probably broke my own rule by talking to you. Enjoy your dead continent.
>>
>>63630934
You do know that Trey and Matt are pro-second amendment, right?
>>
>>63630934
stfu nerd. No one gives a shit about how a cartoon didn't get details about t a gun right. Having an interest in guns doesn't make your virginity any less embarassing.
>>
>>63635686

Nobody cares about the status of Taiwan.
>>
>>63635772

Just because they're libertards doesn't they're pro-second amendment.
>>
File: is this true.png (329 KB, 1276x657) Image search: [Google]
is this true.png
329 KB, 1276x657
>>63635767
Europe
>invented maths
>revolutionised art
>invented guns
>invented planes
>invented computers
>invented the internet

Americans
>invented obesity
>claimed Europe's inventions and tried to pass them off as their own
Kek
>>
>>63635832
>libertarians trusting the government for security
l o l
o
l
>>
>>63635851
That pic is pretty enlightening.

Europe invented all that great shit and never did anything with it?

For instance, that whopping 150 year head start didn't stop Ford from being the first true car company, what the fuck were you guys doing?

And why is Hollywood the moviemaking capital of the world when you guys were decades ahead there, too?

You guys patented a nuclear weapon before the Manhattan project, why didn't you build it?
>>
>>63630934
Holy fuck, you niggers are so stupid. Is this all your first time watching South Park because it's going after MUH SJDOUBLEYOUUUUS? Have any of you ever watched any episode of South Park outside of this season?

South Park, rarely, if ever, "takes sides" on social issues. It takes social issues and makes fun of them because a major limitation on comedy is taking a political stance as a means of humor. That is a recipe for awful writing (just look at Amy Schumer's comedy and its obsession with pushing Feminist/Left ideals) and something Trey and Matt stay out of for the most part.

Case in point: All Season you keks keep saying "LOL THOSE SJWS"; but then none of you seem to realize that at the same time South Park turns around and has sympathetic characters that are "PC" (PC Principal and his line that "ads have taken PC and turned it into something else", implying a better state before it was taken over).

if you HONESTLY, SERIOUSLY, think South Park is somehow a show that takes political stances then you haven't been watching long.

Come on, /tv/, it's almost 2016
>>
>>63635851
>Clement Adler's aeroplane had no control mechanisms and achieved an altitude of 20cm

ayy lmao
>>
>>63633957
I thought I was the only one who thought this. I don't think it was pro or anti gun, maybe leaning towards the "guns aren't that bad" side by the end which was pretty refreshing.
Sort of like what they did with the police in that episode
>>
File: read-a-book002[1].jpg (286 KB, 600x860) Image search: [Google]
read-a-book002[1].jpg
286 KB, 600x860
>>63630934
>>63630984
>>63631847

>An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.

Robert A. Heinlein
>>
>>63630934
> OH NO THEY WENT AFTER *MY* BELIEFS THIS TIME
>>
>>63639060
Heinlein said a lot of meaningless shit he never, ever had to back up and you're a fedora if you can't see that
>>
>>63635527

This is some grade A bait or this faggot has honestly never heard of the European Union.
>>
>>63635767

>gets called out on his obvious bullshit
>runs away like the sad cunt he is

Americûcks everyone
>>
Gun nuts can't take a joke, can they? Keep in mind these are the same people who endlessly go on about political correctness.
>>
>>63634194
Office Barbrady shot one of the newsmen, but he doesn't count because he's Barbrady.
>>
>>63635851
I'm seeing alot of 'described' in this info pic anon. formulating a concept is great, but turning it into reality is a whole other thing. Who the fuck cares who 'described' true artificial intelligence, the prize goes to the person who makes a functional AI.
>>
>>63639777
QFT. Part of my growing up was understanding how much of an internet tough guy he was (before there was even an internet).
>>
>>63630984
>Guns are ridiculous.
>The people with guns are ridiculous.
>Arguments solved with guns are ridiculous.
>>
I KNEW IT. THE MESSAGE HAD ALWAYS BEEN (ABOUT PC) THAT PC/SJW IS GOOD BUT THEY ARE SWAYED BY BAD PEOPLE.

I knew that was the message. I argued as much a few weeks back, some of you were laughing. Instead, it turns out PC principal was the best all along.
>>
>>63639060
>>63639777
>>63641027

>Heinlein lays down the REAL TALK
>Internet tough guys calling him an internet tough guy

You people are C U C K'd as fuck.
Thread replies: 115
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.