[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I just finished Parks and Rec and i most say it wasnt as awesome
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: tumblr_kvbspyNAkO1qau8uxo1_500.png (157 KB, 500x280) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_kvbspyNAkO1qau8uxo1_500.png
157 KB, 500x280
So I just finished Parks and Rec and i most say it wasnt as awesome as the internt had led me to believe the seris finale was sorta bland as most episodes and I never felt like i got attacthed to a single person. I loved the Office and it is sorta my comfort show so I thought I would love Park and recs for that reason,
Did I ruin my view on parks and rec with watching the office first? What are your thoughts on both shows
>>
>>63630848
The finale of s6 was much better than the series finale. The whole last season was really forced.

It was a really comfy show, but it had no reason to do the documentary format that the office did.
>>
>>63630906
Yeah the s6 finale I really didnt like all that much but I think it should have ended the series there. I felt so much more involed with the people in the office. When I watched Parks I honestly felt the feeling of "Oh, these people are doing stuff neat" I never felt sad or excited for a person the only person that got any emotion out of me was Jamm. I felt like he was a real slim ball and that felt real
>>
>>63630960
The office was far more orignal, Parks and Rec had much more tropey and normal TV sitcom characters.
>>
>>63630906
It was showing how small government worked in the documentary I do think it had a good reason for it.

However the last season was really forced. The creators never new if they were getting another season. The writers had to write each season finale as if it was the last if the show got cancelled and write it to continue if it didn't. I think we would've seen a much stronger and different Parks and Rec if NBC would've showed some faith and ensured them a longer run.
>>
Froget this mess, watch 30 Rock
>>
The guy who played Mose on the Office was the head writer for Parks & Rec and he used to force sabermetric jokes whenever he could
>>
>>63630848
It's just not as good of a show as the office, but it still is pretty great. I recall laughing quite a lot.

But its weakness is that it's a show about "eveything works out perfectly for everyone and all of their plans succeed," which isn't quite as... interesting? endearing? i dont know
>>
Does anyone know if the creators of these two shows have anything else coming out soon or ever? I do hope so. These are my two favorite shows.
>>
>>63631077
Yep. Pathetic characters in P&R are the "bad guys," pathetic characters in the office are just as much people as anyone else in the show, coming back to work every day.
>>
>>63630848
This is a show for women and hipsters, mostly. It's too bright and sunny and happy for my tastes. Nobody ever fails and even the curmudgeon is good deep down. It's a meme show.
>>
Am I the only person here who loves P&R more than The office?
>>
>>63631151
yes
>>
>>63631151
No. I too appreciate more than The Office. I find the characters more relatable and the story stronger over all. I love The Office, but Parks and Recreation will always be my favorite seasons 2-5 were the height in my opinion.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.