[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Star Trek Beyond German Trailer
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 98
Thread images: 11
File: property of edgar wright.jpg (30 KB, 620x413) Image search: [Google]
property of edgar wright.jpg
30 KB, 620x413
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYz13vgX0U0

Looks like shit.
>>
It's sabotage
>>
>>63630825

https://youtu.be/z5rRZdiu1UE
>>
it looks terrible...
>>
>>63630794
what's with the yellow filter?
>>
is star trek capeshit now?
absolutely disgusting
>>
File: damn.jpg (10 KB, 267x220) Image search: [Google]
damn.jpg
10 KB, 267x220
>>63630794
>>
>>63630794
Looks like absolute dogshit and as a german I can confirm the dialog is crappy whedon snark but somehow even worse too.
>>
File: 1450033397992.gif (2 MB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1450033397992.gif
2 MB, 500x281
>>63630794
This looks Insurrection tier.
>>
>>63630794

How does Jew Jew keep creating timeless master pieces over and over again?
>>
>>63630794
What's with all the cliff jumpings?
>>
Looks good

>>63631040
He's not doing this one, champ.
>>
>>63630794

I think Simon Pegg is a hack now.
>>
>Literally reusing the shot from the first Abram's trek where young Kirk nearly falls off the cliff
>Reusing the same song from that scene for the trailer
What the fuck? Did Lin just love the worst scene of the movie or something?

Wrath of Khan remake was so fucking awful and Star Wars and capeshit so huge now that nobody even gives a shit any more. Star Trek 09 was at least a tolerable and fun movie. But this universe got so uninteresting so fast.
>>
File: 9204180.jpg (47 KB, 500x499) Image search: [Google]
9204180.jpg
47 KB, 500x499
>>63630794

Looks so generic. I'm prediciting a total failure, nobody borns after 1995 like star trek. "Oh you mean the SW for 30yo nerds ?"

They are in a corner. Die hard trekkies think it's not good , normal people prefers Fast and Furious 12.
>>
I was trying to figure out why it looked different than the other two movies......and then I realized ...no lens flare ....at all.
>>
>>63630794
Star drek movie should have german language by default for added autism effect
>>
Alien chick is sexy, hope those are jem'hadar, but I can't understand German so no idea how cringe the lines were
>>
>>63630794
That was horrifying.
>>
Please tell me Ivan Ooze isn't Idris Elba.
>>
Fucking hell, what are the Elves from Hellboy 2 doing in this movie?
>>
>german language dub instead of subtitles like every other foreign language film.

christ even americans watch foreign films in their original language now. what's the matter? germans can't read that fast???
>>
>>63630794
\I'll watch it for the albino chick and Bones.
>>
>this is where the final frontier strikes back

jesus fucking christ
>>
>>63631256
germans are just spoiled as shit because it's always been that way
>>
>>63631256
dub is standart for europ for some reason
and if you think german is bad there are slav ones
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ok0Vj4itgA
>>
>>63631260
i'm not joking btw, that's an actual line from the trailer
>>
dude sulfur yellow LMAO
>>
>>63631256
We don't learn english at school anymore, only french and arab
>>
>>63631027
i agree. they transform star trek into the next dudebro franchise.
>>
>>63631213
very cringe.
>"at least i won't die alone" *spock beams away*
>*kirk falls down with that ayyy chick* "let's don't do this again."
>>
It looks like one of the TNG movies.
>>
>>63631403

Yeah like the one with the young picard. Thèse retards manage to kill data and make a bas movie.
>>
>>63631286
Jean and Apocalypse sound way better.
>>
>>63631056
>What's with all the cliff jumpings?
What's with all the cliff--hangers!!!! haw haw!
>>
>>63630794
I guess Star Trek is Beyond saving now
>>
>>63631561
*slow handclap to applause*
>>
>>63630794
This looks fucking nothing like Star Trek what the shit? This even looks worse than fucking Superman
>>
>>63631258
Urban as Bones has been the best part of Nu-Trek

Or at least he would be if he wasn't brushed aside for endless Kirk/Spock tension

Also, what the hell, are they destroying the Enterprise already? I mean, yeah, they did blow up the Enterprise in the original third movie, but they'd had a whole TV show of adventures on it before that.
>>
>>63631609
>Also, what the hell, are they destroying the Enterprise already? I mean, yeah, they did blow up the Enterprise in the original third movie, but they'd had a whole TV show of adventures on it before that.
I guess we don't know exactly how much time there is between the events of Into Darkness and Beyond, but I'm assuming Beyond takes place during their five year mission.

At a certain point, Starfleet just needs to ask themselves "Why are we still entrusting our flagship to a group of uncontrollable 20-something year olds?"
>>
>>63630794
Do they still speak German? I thought that Germany spoke Arabic now.
>>
>>63630794
Holy fuck that looks bad
>>
>>63631699
ebin
>>
>star trek beyond german

what did JJ mean by this
>>
>>63631184

it looks super different than the JJ movies, that was the first thing i noticed. the first two were film and panavision anamorphic lenses and this one is alexa and zeiss anamorphics. i don't have any nostalgia for film but it was jarring to me how shitty this looks compared to the first two
>>
>>63630794
why do the colours look so flat?
was this filmed on an iphone?
>>
A question for the germans:

Do they reveal anything about the plot in the trailer?
>>
>>63631780
Pretty sure the uploader fucked up. It's all green-ish for some reason
>>
COME ON YALL IT'S A SABOTAGE
>>
Looks better than TFA
>>
I thought Pegg said they were getting more into the spirit of Star Trek with this one?

It just looks like generic bilge.
>>
File: Capture.jpg (26 KB, 457x520) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
26 KB, 457x520
Is this a new species? Kind of reminds of the ayy lmaos from Nemesis
>>
File: Ricky.jpg (14 KB, 400x268) Image search: [Google]
Ricky.jpg
14 KB, 400x268
>>63631699
truly ebin actually.
>>63631718
he only comes here to /tv/ to troll and leaves the thread open while hes browsing /pol/ so he can see his bait replaies
>>
>>63631160
But there's a lot of people who didn't watch Star Trek but enjoy the new movies. All they need to know is le meme Hand and "Live long and prosper", these movies and they call themselves trekkies.
>>
>>63631839
That's a Cardassian.
>>
i cant watch at the moment but
yay another chase scene action picture.
>>
>>63631790
No.
Apart from the "funny" lines it's just ambivalent trailer crap like "I know why you're here. I know why we're all here! bleebloop"
>>
I still don't understand how the second film got such good reviews. It's a terrible film.

The first reboot was fine but not really Star Trek, but the second was awful in basically every way.
>>
>>63630794
Might be a misleading trailer, but why get Justin Lin if you don't want dumb, if well-directed, action?

Plus the Into Darkess was awful, and I have no faith in CBS's ability to create a good Trek series.
>>
File: He didn't fly so good.webm (242 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
He didn't fly so good.webm
242 KB, 1280x720
>>63630794
Didn't they already use this song in the first movie?
>>
Honestly, what were you guys expecting when the series was handed over from JJ to the Fast and the Furious guy?
>>
>>63632416
Abrams is a hack.
>>
>>63630794
Looks million times better than the last film. Though it looks like Simon Pegg wrote himself a bigger role in this film.
>>
File: 1376241013462.gif (3 MB, 270x152) Image search: [Google]
1376241013462.gif
3 MB, 270x152
>>63632438
I know that, that's why I was asking why anyone was excited when a hack was handing over the franchise to an even bigger hack. Were you honestly expecting something serious and Star Trek-y from the man who made this?
>>
>>63630794

That alien chick is fucking hot.
>>
I guess they didn't learn from the last one, Trekkies are not into high-octaine action in their Star Trek. The only reason Star Trek still exists is because of Trekkies. I guess they're on a suicide mission.
>>
At least we have a series coming...
>>
>>63630794
were those space cars attacking the enterprise?
>>
>>63632475

I was going to say something about the motorcycle but then I remember the reboot had a 20th century car in it too, but at least that was on Earth, is Kirk restoring a dirtbike for kicks on the Enterprise?
>>
>>63632505
all these action pictures are because of kirks chad womanizer reputation with normies.

for some reason even though he was a fatass in all his movies it carried over.
>>
>>63632505
>implying their target audience is Trekkies
This series is supposed to be pew pew normie entertainment
>>
>>63632475
Lin is a very competent director, he just deals with ridiculous material. The question is why the studio hired him, not his ability.

Good directors can move genres - I mean, the same guy did Indiana Jones and Schindlers List...
>>
File: winnie.gif (982 KB, 320x287) Image search: [Google]
winnie.gif
982 KB, 320x287
>>63630794
>pewpewpew
>from the director of "The Fast and the Furious"
>wrooom motorcycle
>sexy stronk alien lady
>kaboom
Rick Berman come back. All is forgiven.
>>
File: frakes.jpg (114 KB, 957x549) Image search: [Google]
frakes.jpg
114 KB, 957x549
>>
>>63631160
>Die hard trekkies think it's not good

Bearing in mind that STiD was something of a let-down, the reboot has on the whole been fairly popular among die-hards. Once you correct for the innate unpleasability of a certain segment of die-hards, I'd say it's been a resounding success.
>>
I prefer the atmosphere of the original movies instead of tng or this new universe
>>
>>63632648
And Swindler's list was garbage.
>>
just fyi cant watch.
video is blocked in freedomland.
>>
>>63632931
Huh, it wasn't blocked an hour ago.

Oh well, the full trailer in English will be up within a few days.
>>
how hard is it to do a star trek movie
>>
>>63632998
just buy some used spaceships and film your friends driving around in them in a parking lot with your cellphone.
>>
>>63632998
You boil the water, you pour the packet, number one: the characters.
>>
>>63632787
I believe they really fucked up with STiD.
>Switch places with Kirk, revive him 10 minutes later.
>People now think this was a ripoff due to how bad it was executed.
The rest of the movie wasn't that bad. You had a clear foreshadowed menace that jumpstarted the movie and section 31. Klingons where actually pretty cool, Khan was too and was incredibly characterized other than him being a sociopath genious, now he's a sociopath for his crew that got fucked over by a paranoid Robocop. They kinda make you feel bad about it but then you realize what he had in store.
The whole movie had pretty nice grey shades all over.
Kirk literally got served to the point of actual Character development. Those moments where handled pretty good.
>>
It's been taken down, anyone have a backup?
>>
File: s.png (136 KB, 1120x977) Image search: [Google]
s.png
136 KB, 1120x977
>>63632409
>webm
>>
backup please
>>
>>63633328
Fuck I thought I left the page open to download.
>>
>>63633219

The big problem to me was that they did the Two Villains thing. Probably because Nolan's Batman trilogy did it relatively successfully, or at least, that's the only reason I can think of. Admiral Robocop would've been a fine villain, Khan would've been fine, too, but trying to have both made for a really awkward turn.

I did like Kirk getting slapped down at the start. Wasn't crazy about the magic blood (when that was leaked a month or two before release, I was convinced it was someone trolling).

Overall it's not a DISASTER, just... disappointing, considering ST09 was such a pleasant surprise in how enjoyable it was.
>>
I saw this earlier and yeah it does look absolutely terrible. I actually liked the ST09. Into Darkness was bad and I likely won't watch it again. It was an Oscar movie compared to what this looks like. This is about what I imagined it would be when I saw that Lin was at the helm.
>>
Into Darkness wasn't a real movie. It was an advertisement for itself. The only thing it had going for it was the question of whether Cumberbatch is Khan or not. Turns out he is, and that's when the movie's figuratively over. It would've been much less painful for everyone if they had just announced beforehand that Cumberbatch is Khan. The needless Abrams muh mystery box fuckery is only going to look worse and worse in retrospect.
>>
>>63633447
I agree.

Frankly I wanted more klingons or even more Khan in the sequel. It could have played out something like
>Khan successfully escapes and turns to the Klingon Empire, he's mad as fuck and hell bent on revenge.
>We see Augmented Klingons and Augmented Klingon ships
>They start the war foreshadowed in STiD
>Kirk is still dead, but McCoy keeps him in statis, he injected the same blood he injected in the tribble hoping that would work
it does work at some point, but not immediatelly.
>Spock is struggling even more with his emotions. His best friend died, the person who did that caused a massive war between the Feds and the klingons and millions are dying.

The rest plays out by itself. Kirk comes back to life, he manages to stop the war and khan and all that shit.
>>
I can't read or hear "Star Trek Beyond" without having Madness's "One Step Beyond" play in my head. It's starting to get annoying.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-uyWAe0NhQ
>>
>>63634114
>I can't read or hear "Star Trek Beyond" without having Madness's "One Step Beyond" play in my head.

Me too, from now on. Thanks for that, lol.
>>
>>63634114

What a shit song, condolences.
>>
>>63630794
Fuck I missed it.
>>
>>63633590

Terrible.
>>
>>63634296
>not having it played at your funeral
>>
>>63634375

Not him, but fuck if it wouldn't have been better than STiD. My only criticism is the movie would have to be almost 3 hours to really work.
Thread replies: 98
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.