[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can we get a thread discussing one of the better shows on television
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6
File: crazy-ex-girlfriend.png (765 KB, 1200x670) Image search: [Google]
crazy-ex-girlfriend.png
765 KB, 1200x670
Can we get a thread discussing one of the better shows on television today? One of the few shows that captured that same vibe as Happy Endings; God I hope it doesn't get canceled. Also those sweet Jewish titties.
>>
It's great.

It's nothing like Happy Endings, though. God, I miss Happy Endings.
>>
Post jewish titties please :3
>>
It is good,i wish impastor was discussed more because it went under the radar aswell.
>>
>>63627770
>>63628004
Thinking about it, Crazy Ex-Girlfriend is if a half-hour premium cable comedy actually had legit jokes rather than being a shitty drama.

Whereas Happy Endings was Friends with 30 Rock's sense of humor.
>>
>>63628061
Because it's on TVLand. Fuck knows what TVLand is thinking, that shit was always going to go under the radar. Because it's fucking TV Land.
>>
>>63628244
:,(
>>
>>63628122
True,im really impressed by this shows runtime.Some eps feel a bit drawn out but they are still enjoyable.
>>
>>63628751
Well, it got a second season, despite its ratings being a rounding error. Just don't ask me to understand TV Land's business model or how they expect people to discover their slightly edgy single-camera comedies.
>>
>>63628781
They do well filling out the time given it's a comedy, helps that most of the jokes land. To be honest, the ~21 minutes given to network sitcoms these days isn't really enough to tell a decent story, but 42 minutes is a bit too long given the pace needed when telling jokes.
>>
File: crazy-ex-bodysuit.webm (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
crazy-ex-bodysuit.webm
1 MB, 1280x720
>>63628056
>>
>>63629601
pls post the smirk one
>>
File: crazy-ex-gf-smirk.webm (858 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
crazy-ex-gf-smirk.webm
858 KB, 1280x720
>>63630072
(fwiw, I saved them, but I'm not the usual poster)
>>
>>63627770
I enjoy the show, but not as much as those titties
>>
>>
>>63628781
They spend about seven minutes an episode on the songs, which means that they only have to write for a thirty-five minute story. Which lets them actually explore things better than a traditional sitcom does with the extra thirteen minutes they've got. That's why they've been able to develop some nice secondary and tertiary characters in only ten episodes compared to other shows where it takes ages to get tertiary recurring characters.
But the songs really let them pad out the run-time and so far they've been great so it's been worth it.

In fact looking back on it, when Glee wasn't shit they also did about ten minutes of songs per episode leaving them thirty-two minutes for story with the songs pushing the narrative through a little bit as a shortcut.

Another show I've really liked this year, a comedy show, was this Australian comedy show called "Sammy J and Randy in Ricketts Lane" and it did musical numbers as well, only a half-hour show of six episodes but still it and Galavant(a half-hour musical comedy on ABC in America) are a nice direction forwards for musical comedies on TV, especially with original funny songs not fucking Jukebox crap like Glee.

>>63630444
Nice Trips and also her smirk is worth a million smiles.
>>
>>63630910
More like 5 minutes, plus the quality of the songs is probably going to get squeezed over the season. They also serve as narrative shorthand ala a montage rather than being isolated from the plot, so they don't really shorten the show much. Usually shows do montages to save time.
>>
>>63628004
fuck i miss HE too.
>>
>>63628056
>>
>>63631285
>plus the quality of the songs is probably going to get squeezed over the season.
I really hope this isn't the case but it is likely.
They have a lot of talented performers on the show so hopefully they'll be able to keep them funny if nothing else.
>>
>>63632467
Holy shit
>>
>>63633481
They are jubbly aren't they?
Jewbs are almost always top tier.
>>
File: happy endings.webm (3 MB, 480x272) Image search: [Google]
happy endings.webm
3 MB, 480x272
>>63628004
>>
>another shitty CW teen soap
>>
>>63632467
Why has she got an extra set of tits under the big ones?
>>
>>63635863
well shit, I can't possibly see why this show got canceled.
>>
>>63636391
You best be trollin
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.