[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's a good detective/crime show that's kind of like
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3
File: The.jpg (74 KB, 480x720) Image search: [Google]
The.jpg
74 KB, 480x720
What's a good detective/crime show that's kind of like the Mentalist, where the protagonist is extremely smart or some shit?
>>
Ever since House became a thing TV has been full of quirky handsome geniuses solving crime or whatever and they all suck.
>>
>>63627813
House is good though.
>>
>>63627822
Yeah but the shows that try to copy it because it's popular suck
>>
>>63627714
psych
and its more believable
>>
>>63627813
>>63627714
They are all supposed to be Sherlock HolmesEven Bones is Sherlock while FBI man is Watson

OP, try Elementary.
>>
>>63627714
god they fucked up the mentalist beyond all recognition with how they resolved the red john story arc.

it was probably the most disappointed I have ever been with a tv series.
>>
>>63627714
>watching procedural crime shows.
>>
>>63628144
I thought the Sheriff being Red John was actually a pretty good twist.
>>
>>63628069

It's even more dumb when you realize the names are just slight variations on the original.

House = Holmes (Homes)
Wilson = Watson
>>
File: pigeon_PNG3426[1].png (433 KB, 584x538) Image search: [Google]
pigeon_PNG3426[1].png
433 KB, 584x538
>>63627714
>
JUST
>>
>>63628178
i much preferred the shooting of the guy in the mall by jane as the resolution as it made jane into a killer/criminal.
>>
>>63628209
Holy shit after 100 years I literally just got that.
Am I retarded?
>>
That one with the guy from Will & Grace.
>>
File: image.jpg (171 KB, 583x960) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
171 KB, 583x960
>>63628154
>not
>>
How about Monk?
Is he a detective I haven't see it

>tfw he's a literal that guy in Hollywood films
>>
>>63628261
THE WHOLE FUCKING SERIES IS LITTERED BY CLUES ABOUT THIS.

Watson is a doctor
House is a pain killer addict
House uses a cane a a throwback to the Victorian era
Homo-eroticism
Sudden Epiphanies that's a detective show trope, that's not really a thing in medical circles
House lives in 221B
House being musically inclined -piano and guitar whereas Holmes is a violinist
House having a woman he can never seem to really be with aka an irene adler
Watson being a ladies man but failing to sustain his relationships
House being a polymath speaks several exotic languages understands theoretical physics, is a great cook and has loads of apparently useless knowledge that ends up being somehow relevant to the cases
departments of diagnostics medicine don't even exist its just to showcase house as the last resort for difficult cases just like holmes

that's not even going into specifics of some episodes and or quotes and direct prop references.
>>
>>63628209
well fuck me
>>
Mentalist is probably the best of the bunch
There was numbers, monk, psyc, house
God, Scorpion was the worst I've ever seen though
>>
Best genius detectives are the sherlock holmes, luther and Will graham in Hannibal and early house seasons.
Everything else is tell us how smart he is and don't show it garbage tier.
>>
>>63628261
A lot of network programs (especially any involving a mystery to be solved) use a Holmes variation. Once you spot the signs, you can see where the show is going.
Lupus was Moriarty in House MD
>>
>>63627714
Should have ended after Jane shot that guy in the mall
>>
Lie to me is similar with all the body language bullshit but it only went for three seasons
>>
>>63629750
You forgot
>House gets shot and has a dream sequence where the shooter is named Moriarty
>someone gives him a Sherlock Holmes book as a gift in one episode
>the character of Holmes was based on a real-life doctor
>main cast is on a last name basis despite being friends
>>
>>63631211
people usually refer to doctors with their last names btw

worked in a hospital for a while
>>
>>63628403
Is this fucking real life?
>>
>>63631211
>doctors are married
>doctors are life-long best friends, live together and fake their own deaths for the other
>still refer to each other by last name
ok bud
>>
>>63631494
meant at >>63631325
>>
>>63631494
old habits die hard I suppose
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.