[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
im thinking to myself the leftovers is the best show ive seen
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1
im thinking to myself the leftovers is the best show ive seen and then i find out that season 2 is in texas? its totally different now

come on man, the characters, setting, was all perfect
>>
>>63627662
dont worry anon
>>
>>63627662

The setting means absolutely nothing. Season 2 surpasses season 1. Which I didn't think was even possible.
>>
>>63628132
the setting matters
>>
>>63627662
watch it faget
>>
>>63627662
season 2 is not better than the first one.
the show loses some of its most interesting characters and the guilty remnant is transformed into a group of edgy children who take orders from a self centered missy who lost nothing.

the storylines for some of the characters are a complete letdown and the ending is horrible.
>>
>>63628827
confirmed for having garbage taste. season 2 is a masterful work of art m8.
>>
Season 2
>hardly any time with qt andie mcdowell spawn
>black family with one likeable character eats up most of the screen time in the first half
>bullshit anticlimactic ending
>chief longdick goes to lalaland to fight a mindhunter demon
>nora gets nothing to do except make annoying decisions
>holy wayne did not resurrect and lead his army of gook baby mamas to victory
>the son and amy bren are still in this show
>"there are no miracles in miracle" "there are no miracles in miracle" "there are no miracles in miracle"

This show is for dumb people under 25.
>>
>>63628827
>self centered missy who lost nothing

Did you forget about her mother dying?
>>
>>63628935
>likeable character

ya every character must be likeable or else theyre shit amirite!!!!!!!!!

john + erika were both likeable and great characters tho
>>
>>63628974
Sorry, should've said likeable and/or interesting.

>I'm so butthurt about my past secret so I can just beat up everyone and the plot rewards me for it, look how intimidating I am
>I'm deaf so I don't have to have any other personality traits to my character
>I'm a teenage edgelord, watch me smoke on a bridge
>I'm a cricket, chip chip chip chip chip

I don't mind a despicable character, as long as they do interesting things that keep my attention.
>>
>>63628952
no.
but that was a death unrelated to the event of the departure.
she was just jealous of the attention ppl who lost relatives in the event were getting.

she just wants to destroy the guilty remnant (she never respected it) and miracle (she wants to destroy a small town that gives hope to ppl).

shes you typical egoist-cynical person.
>>
>>63628935
John & Erika were dynamic af. Michael turned out to be pretty based too - Jill was more obnoxious this season than he was by far. Evie was a qt and only went full retard for plot reasons.

Most of your criticisms are subjective to the point of stupidity. I'm thinking it's just not the show for you.
>>
>>63629066
do you really expect rational decisions from a woman who was so easily pressured into joining a cult?

either way, shes cute af

CUTE
>>
Season 1 all the way! How did they take away Jill's hot jailbate friend and give us more of the retard priest.
>>
>>63629149
the thing is, she joined a cult because she saw how others respected them, hated them, feared them or whatever, and thought "MM I D LIKE SOME OF THAT ATTENTION" . then she realized that she didnt like their rules that much and magically she turns into this person whom some will follow, in other words she all of a sudden becomes a supreme leader.

she cant find meaning in her miserable life and wants desperately to destroy things in which others do.
>>
>>63629196
In a show full of bullshit characters, the priest is one of the few who's not a complete jackass, and that's only because of relativity. Same with the black kid that the chief's daughter wanted to mount. Everyone else is annoying, stupid, or boring.
>>
>>63629196
the priest guy was good but i also miss her and dog man and everything else. i just dont like these new black characters at all its not the same

i get people seem to like season 2 but for me not so much
>>
The priest was cool when he was willing to bash a dudes face in for money and hide a body. Then he turns all holier than thou and crazy annoying.
>>
>>63629286
Yeah, you're in the minority, bruh. I'd encourage you to keep watching if you haven't finished it - the writing, pacing and tone is way stronger than season 1.

Makes it look like kind of a slow, dull mess by comparison.
>>
I already watched Lost and was disappointed by it. I don't need to go through that again with a different cast and a stupider plot.

Max Richter's shit is pretty tight though.
>>
>>63629365

This show has none of the disappointment L O S T had. Lindelof has done a complete 180.

It's really sad that people won't watch because Lindelof's name is on the show. I know it's hard to trust him after the shitshow that was L O S T but you have no idea what you're missing.
>>
It bothers me that every male character sweats profusely at all times.
>>
>>63629432
yeah i was thinking this show seemed like the better version of lost that felt planned out. lost to me just felt like random shit thrown together and it never amounting to anything
>>
>>63629432
I watched it all. I still hate it. It has all of the standard Lindelof elements:
>muh religious symbolism
>mostly unplanned
>coasting on emotional music and crying to drive the mood
>MYSTERY....INTRIGUE

Lost at least had a great handful of solid episodes and good climaxes, even when they went full retard (except for the end). The Leftovers is mainly people edgelording or brooding amidst what would otherwise be a very interesting little environment (i.e. the aftermath of a rapture-like event) that gets little world building done in a way that ties things together in an interesting and satisfying way. For instance, does the GR even make any fucking sense? It's like they themselves are a microcosm for Lindelof's methodology: make it all up as you go along.
>>
>>63629529
but its 3 years after the event and focusing on the characters themselves. to me it never really tried to focus on the world changing

what would of you done for "world building" in the show?
>>
Purgatory is a sweet ass hotel.
>>
>>63629623
So fucking much:
>Instead of being a bump on a log, the dumb son figures out conspiratorial goings on that involve the govt's pursuit of Holy Wayne that characterizes both people a lot more and adds more weight to Wayne's forgettable death, not to mention contextualizes the burning of the bodies and what not
>At least one single episode in season 2 that mirrors the same level of pulling back the curtain a little more in the rest of the world (under the guise of a character discovering something about themself) like the one where Nora goes to the meeting in NYC
>What the hell is going on with that group of hippies outside of Jarden? What's their local economy like? What do they do for entertainment? Do they do anything but stand aruond looking like extras filling a scantly-decorated set?
>Who the fuck runs the GR? Do they even have a pamphlet for newbies to look over that discusses the rules, or do they just join up, shut up, and start smoking? Do they still pull crazy shit like at the end of season 1?

Shit like that that falls through the cracks appeals to a lot of people because of its nature, but for me it's unfulfilling. I'd like a little exposition every now and again to remind me why I even give a fuck about this world. If I wanted to watch a bunch of random people cry at the foot of staircases, I'll just go people watching at the mall.
>>
>>63629758
yeah ok thanks. was only asking because i want to understand what makes good writing
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.