[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>boltons win lol
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4
File: got21.jpg (100 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
got21.jpg
100 KB, 1920x1080
>boltons win lol
>>
>the hype is gone and not coming back lol
>>
>>63627488
Post the image showing the differences between the endings of dance with dragons and season 5
>>
All things considered, Michael McElhatton was a great casting choice
>>
>>63627466
Why does D&D keep repeatedly bashing the audience in the head with how savage the Boltons are? Look, we get it, they flay/use/kill people all the time. Did we really need to see the Sansa rape scene?

Did R Martin write the same shit in the books?
>>
>>63627631
Too bad the showrunners made the tv show even darker than the book

I distinctly do not remember stannis sacrificing his daughter in the books.
>>
>>63627668
He's too busy going on conventions and eating to write the books.
>>
>>63627668
not that far in the books yet, else i'd tell you
>>
>>63627722
The books are shit though.

Tv show is actually good.
>>
>>63627722

nah stannis eventually stop bowing to melly's every whim and makes her tone it down on the sacrifices and manipulation

since D&D intended for stannis to be le villain, he became the radical zealot
>>
>>63627722
Martin said she would've died, although not in that way.
>>
>>63627722
checked
>>
File: bolton.jpg (112 KB, 472x624) Image search: [Google]
bolton.jpg
112 KB, 472x624
i've been a bolton supporter since book 3
>>
>>63627764
Rather she died by disease or killed in war with boltons
>>
>>63627746
i've thoroughly enjoyed both, but I lean in favor of the book
>>
>>63627793
You're a huge pleb then, and I bet you enjoyed the Harry Potter books.
>>
File: .....jpg (3 KB, 163x214) Image search: [Google]
.....jpg
3 KB, 163x214
>>63627776
>tfw i like book ramsay but not the show ramsay
>>
>>63627807
the five of them I read, sure
>>
>>63627815
book ramsay is sadistic

show ramsay is an edgy kid with daddy issues

i like show ramsay though because iwan's a good actor
>>
>>63627832
Atleast we can agree you are a pleb.
>>
>>63627466
That's what happens when your story is shit. When the Boltons die, that's 90% of the narrative tension gone. Better drag them out for 6 seasons then
>>
>>63627870
>forgetting littlefinger aka cia
>>
>>63627668
They're just as edgy in the books, but the books don't beat you over the head with it and Ramsay isn't a meme character in the books.
>>
>>63627842
>show ramsay is an edgy kid with daddy issues
Excuse me but what.
>>
Dae think Martin procrastinated his way through the fifth book? Jon and Dany do nothing but struggle with political indecision. It's like he had no clue what to do with these characters after the third book, back when their respective plots were interesting, so he just stopped developing them.

This is completely ignoring that he didn't include them in the fourth book for reasons.
>>
>>63628071
He's a shit writer, just accept it and move on.
>>
>>63628071
He had a time skip he was planning, didn't work out though. The series has been doomed since then. He will never come close to finishing
>>
>>63628130
>there are people who will die waiting for the sixth book
>>
>>dat feel when no relevant characters haven't died for 4 seasons

>>dat feel when the mountain is a walking 4th wall breaking deus ex machina

>>dat feel when the bad guys win yet the scriptwriters are trying so hard to make the point that "everyone is the bad guy lol xD"

>>dat feel when you want that bad fat guy to win
>>
I just can't WAIT to see what happens in the Amazing Adventures of Jaime and Bronn.

They've rescued the princess, what comes next? Do they hijack a cog and steer it over a waterfall for the lulz? Race to The Wall and take turns bungee jumping off the side? Take turns cutting each others toes off while sharing funny stories and edgy quips? Whatever it is, it's gonna be great.
>>
>>63628282
>jamie and bronn
Didn't bronn fuck off in the book
>>
>>63628071
he's said himself that he doesn't have everything planned out other than the end of the series

i think what he did was put every single good idea he has ever had and put them into the first 3 books (most of them are in book 3). after that he starts writing book 4 and realizes he has absolutely no story left (5 year gap), so he introduces all these new characters and new pov's of characters we already know and he starts writing anything that will put any slight bit of movement in the story.

and now after book 5 the story has completely gotten away from him and there's no fucking possible way he can conclude all these storylines in 2 books. it's going to take at least 3.

basically he's not going to finish the story. get used to it.
>>
>>63627870
We've still got:

>Littlefinger's plan, whatever that will consist of
>Dorne's scheming (if there even is anything planned)
>Danerys' invasion of Westeros
>The religious zealots who have essentially taken over King's Landing (and who's influence is likely spreading over Westeros)
>Fucking CLEGAINEBOWL
>The overriding threat of the White Walkers/Others, who provided us with the only good episode in season 5

There's still plenty of ground to cover. I've always considered the Boltons to be filler villains anyway.
>>
>>63628541
Essentially all of that will be resolved in a few minutes time.

>Littlefinger/Varys will have no clear winner, neither is going to get what they want
>Dorne will be appeased with middle ground bargaining
>Dany will rock up on boats, it won't be dramatic
>Zealots will be crushed in one go by Cersei and the Kings Guard, no doubting that
>Claganebowl is a quarter of an episode fight, who cares
>Whitewalkers will take a backseat to the rival of the Children of the Forest and will be resolved in the final half of the second to last season

The show isn't going to end like LOTR with big epic battles
It's going to be Jon/Dany/their child up against the Children
>>
>>63628541
>>Dorne's scheming (if there even is anything planned)

dorne will be the first house to support and fight for dany when she comes to westeros

that's about it, dany will probably marry trystane in return for their support.

cleaginebowl isn't happening

the show is handling the others better than the books have, but it's still not that great. we're 6 season in at this point and we basically know nothing about them. we know more about some random fucking feast than we know about the others.
>>
>>63628313
>He got a knighthood for his actions in the battle for Blackwater bay.
>He got married to Lollys Stokeworth
>names her rapebaby Tyrion
>Cersei sends Lord Stokeworth to arrange an accident for him
>Stokeworth challenges Bronn to single combat
>Lord Stokeworth dies and Bronn now is the new Lord Stokeworth
>>
JUST

http://thegossiplife.com/2015/07/27/blind-item-26072015/
>>
>>63628192
>dat feel when no relevant characters haven't died for 4 seasons

What? Robb, Tywin, Joeffrey, Cat aren't relevant?

>dat feel when the mountain is a walking 4th wall breaking deus ex machina

What?
>>
File: B47ZpTq.jpg (81 KB, 750x750) Image search: [Google]
B47ZpTq.jpg
81 KB, 750x750
>>63629465
wew
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.