[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who here /subs/? I can only pay proper attention to films when
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3
Who here /subs/?
I can only pay proper attention to films when I have the subtitles on, I speak english fine and it's my first and only language, I just can't catch all the dialogue without them. Am I autistic?
>>
No, me too. But it's a habit I developed because I used to watch movies on my hour long commute on the train.
>>
>>63627190
I have bad hearing from years of sleeping with a box fan in my room, I need subtitles
>>
years of listening to music far too loud on cheap headphones has rendered you deaf.
>>
>>63627190
>>63627231
>>63627253

fucking /tv/

you creeps are the living end
>>
I have to wear expensive glasses in real life with a mic that goes into them. When people talk to me, the subtitles of what they're saying appears on the glasses so that I can understand.

It's bad
>>
>>63627328
Is this really a thing? Sounds like a multi-million dollar idea in the making.
>>
>>63627328
That could be something a deaf person could use
>>
>>63627368
I was joking obviously but that is actually a pretty damn good idea.
>>
>>63627574
>>63627483

You're both idiots.
>>
>>63627574
Speech recognition has come a long way but it's not accurate enough for that to happen.
>>
>>63627190

Yep, just about every time. Been watching the Bond flicks, subs for british accent. Cassavetes films, subs. Tv, subs.
>>
>>63627574
Hey, dumbasses will spend money on anything
>>
>>63627190
what site u use
i used
addic7ed.com for tv subs
subscene.com for movie subs
>>
>>63627190
Eh, why not just leave them off, then switch them on if you didn't catch something, then switch them off again? That's what I do. Sometimes you won't hear a line correctly, so you need them, but I don't want words to obstruct the picture otherwise, so they're usually off.
>>
It's really annoying whenever I torrent because I can never find a YIFY with subs
>>
>>63627655
see
>>63627642

if you use mpchc you can press d for it to automatically find subs
>>
>>63627190
I can't understand British people. I always need subtitles.
>>
You can tell within the first 5 mins if u need subs

I was watching The Sum of all Fears today and i needed the subs
>>
yeah it's a habit, it's annoying to miss even one obscure word, also crisps make a lot of noise in your mouth
>>
>>63627190
I use subs for pretty much everything. At home my sound quality isn't either high enough (due to the files or my speakers) that the sound is always crisp clear, or because there's more noises at home.

In a theater I have no problem going without subs, but that's about it. I'm an always subs guy otherwise. They don't bother me in the least and if anything have improved my reading speed and vocabulary substantially. As well as my ability to understand people with accents, since you can finally pin down certain sounds of theirs to certain words.
>>
File: 04.png (8 KB, 414x248) Image search: [Google]
04.png
8 KB, 414x248
>watching films at low volume levels
>not feeling the bass
>not having a subwoofer
>not enjoying the special effects of capefun movies

ayy
>>
>>63627825
>capefun
>>
>>63627710
THIS I like eating comfy food while eating movies and it's hard without subs
>>
>>63627609
The technology is certainly there though. Take a automated captioning system like the one youtube uses, which is hilarious at times, but works the other half of the time and have it translate the text as well. Perfecting it doesn't seem to be too far of a stretch.

It might not be the best thing for the deaf, considering there are better technologies that work more efficiently, but for translating purposes a pair of glasses that display real time subtitles can be really helpful for a number of other different applications.
>>
It's hard to stop once you start. They need after school specials for this kind of thing. You wish I was joking.
>>
I do it with video games. Might have to do it with movies now that you mention it.
>>
I do it with British tv and films since the accents can sometimes make the dialogue incomprehensible.
>>
>>63628268
This, and also Deadwood of course. Without subs, you'd have to constantly skip back to get Deadwood's dialogue right.
>>
I can't play a video game without sub
>>
>>63627696
This, I usually dont use em after years of doing so, I rarely need to switch em on.
Last I remember needing them was The Godfatherpt2, those italian parts were brutal, and I'm fucking italian
>>
>>63627190
Is this an image for ants?
>>
>>63629058
why are you so interested in looking at a topless 70 yo man
>>
If it has subs on by default then I usually use them.
>>
File: 1365325512811.jpg (26 KB, 420x424) Image search: [Google]
1365325512811.jpg
26 KB, 420x424
>>63627190
>tfw arnolds torso is disappointed in you because you didn't make it
>>
Eng as a 2nd.

I like subtitles even though I don't really need them. I'd rather set the volume at something all-round comfy and use subtitles during quiet dialogue rather than having to turn it up during dialogue and turn it back down during explosions and shit.

Goddamn jew studio cunts still can't bother to introduce late-night audio mixes into blurays and shit. Like, fuck ya cunts, I don't want to have to reach for my remote every 5 minutes.
>>
I can't watch a movie without subs unless I've seen it before. My hearing isn't very good, so I have a hard time distinguishing dialogue without them. Otherwise, it just sounds like noise to me.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.