[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What did you like about the EU? I liked Kyle Katarn and Revan.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 7
File: NJO Absolukely Disgusting.jpg (79 KB, 432x394) Image search: [Google]
NJO Absolukely Disgusting.jpg
79 KB, 432x394
What did you like about the EU?

I liked Kyle Katarn and Revan.
>>
>>63626713

Tales of the Jedi and KOTOR
The Old Republic
Thrawn
Dark Empire
Legacy
Mara Jade
Young/Junior Jedi Knights
>>
File: Grand Admiral Thrawn.png (71 KB, 162x162) Image search: [Google]
Grand Admiral Thrawn.png
71 KB, 162x162
>>63626785

I also liked Thrawn. He was awesome.
>>
File: 1445467044580.jpg (100 KB, 720x900) Image search: [Google]
1445467044580.jpg
100 KB, 720x900
>tfw they're still canon, but just with a disney make-over.
>>
Battlefronts 2 following the 501st from clones troopers to Vader's fist.
>>
>>63626713
Breasts
>>
>>63626826

>Finn is Kyle just because he's an ex-stormtrooper

yeah, except Kyle is an actual Force sensitive and not a red herring.
>>
>>63626834
This. Battlefront 2's story was pretty good even though it only had like one character.
>>
>>63626839

Truly the greatest loss in the EU.

Sadly, breasts just aren't canon anymore.
>>
kotor 2.
>>
>>63626873
This, it is probably the greatest loss in sstar wars history
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Breast
>>
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Sperm
>>
File: Kyle Katarn, Jedi Battlemaster.png (96 KB, 224x224) Image search: [Google]
Kyle Katarn, Jedi Battlemaster.png
96 KB, 224x224
>>63627011
>http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Sperm

>First mentioned in a Kyle Katarn novel

Goddamned right.
>>
File: Norba_death.jpg (88 KB, 350x415) Image search: [Google]
Norba_death.jpg
88 KB, 350x415
>Norba Nuum was the daughter of Cabrool Nuum and the sister of Rusk Nuum. Although she seemed to be quiet and reserved alongside her brother, Norba was in fact the most ambitious of Cabrool's children. When Rusk had Jabba Desilijic Tiure locked in the dungeon for refusing to kill family enemy Vu Chusker, Norba freed him on the condition that he kill her brother for her, thereby making her the sole heir to the Nuum family's criminal empire. However after Jabba killed Rusk, Norba betrayed him, ordering her guards to take Jabba back to the dungeon for murdering her brother.

>Later, Norba came down to Jabba's cell and offered to set him free if he promised to kill Vu Chusker, even showing him the key that would unlock the door of the cell. Sick and tired of this back and forth business, Jabba told Norba he would whisper his answer to her. When Norba leaned in close to listen, Jabba's tongue snaked out and grabbed Norba, pulling her through the window in the cell door and into his mouth. He proceeded to eat her alive, and she was powerless to do anything to stop him. After a valiant but brief struggle, Norba vanished into Jabba's maw, her quest for power and riches never to be fulfilled. In her final moments as her mouth filled with Jabba's slime and her nose with the stench of Jabba's rancid breath, she dropped the key right into Jabba's hand, allowing the Hutt to escape the dungeon. She was the last of the Nuum House to be killed, after her father and brother.
>>
>>63626815

As far as I'm concerned, either the Thrawn trilogy or Dark Empire are the real Episode 7-9

Abrams fan film will have to do a heck a lot to make me praise it
>>
>>63627225

Hear hear, brother.
>>
File: edgelord luke.jpg (50 KB, 300x453) Image search: [Google]
edgelord luke.jpg
50 KB, 300x453
>>63627264

Really, let's be real, anything Abrams can think of, the EU probably already came up with and did it better years ago.

Shit, Dark Empire, like it or hate it, flows almost perfectly from Episode VI

>We thought Sheev was dead, but it obviously wasn't going to be that easy
>story focuses chiefly on Luke and Leia and the Skywalker clan's relationship with Sheev
>Luke gets a new qt apprentice waifu
>Leia discovering her force powers and becoming a Jedi
>Sheev threatening her unborn child
>Ancient Tree creature Jedi on lost Jedi world ("How long has it been since I felt another Jedi's presence! *sob")
>Boba: You thought the Sarlaac had me, didn't you Solo? KEKEKEKEK"
>Luke's first waifu dies
>Luke temporarily goes dark side
>Luke's kickass cloak
>More Clone tech, but this time mixed with Dark Side magic, stopping the Sheev clones gives a nice resolution to all the clone shit that began decades ago.

I'm not saying I expected them to ever adapt anything from the EU, I just can't see how Abrams can think of anything better without just copying EU stuff himself.
>>
File: Aayla.jpg (305 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
Aayla.jpg
305 KB, 720x960
Original blueberry waifu.
Yes I know she was made canon but she was EU first so, yeah.
>>
>>63627632

People really gloss over all the cool shit from that storyline. They just parrot the "LOL SHEEV HAD CLONES, JUST TURN YOUR BRAIN OFF" meme.
>>
>>63627774

I just remember checking out copies of the trades from my local library when I was a kid and being fascinated by it. Sure, even as a kid I was always like "ehhhhh" at the whole "PALPS HAD A BATCH OF CLONES READY" but especially when you look at it now within the context of all the Clone Wars stuff and the Legends backstory for Sheev as Plagueis' apprentice, again, it feels like a good resolution to the Clone saga itself while and it makes sense for Sheev to have thought of using the clone tech for some crazy experiments to cheat death. And as a kid, that cringe at Palps having some convoluted way of being alive was overcome by almost everything else.

And I don't see how Abrams' personal OC Donut Steel Trilogy is going to be able to top it or Thrawn and Jorus the Mad Jedi Clone
>>
>>63626984

holy shit this is real. I never truly understood the insanity of wookiepedia until just now.
>>
>>63628097
>implying JJ can come up with anything half as good as this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-7AgGetayM
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.