[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This any good?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5
File: unnamed.jpg (37 KB, 313x470) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.jpg
37 KB, 313x470
This any good?
>>
>>63625944
It's pretty good. It's not in the top 10 best godzilla movies, but it's well shot, well directed, and it's entertaining.

Don't expect to be blown away, nor all out action. It's just good
>>
it's a 6/10, worth watching if you like giant monster movies
>>
File: shitlord.jpg (50 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
shitlord.jpg
50 KB, 1280x720
this asshole ruined it for me
>>
>>63625944
It's decent. nothing amazing but it will keep you entertained for a few hours. Godzilla's final attack is fucking awesome though.
>>
>>63625981
>well shot
Ayyyy the final battle is almost pitch black what the fuck
>>
>>63625944

It plays out like a disaster movie rather than a monster movie which wouldn't be so bad if they didn't kill off the breaking bad guy early on and follow his boring son for the rest of the movie.
>>
The main character dies in the first 20 minutes. So no. It isn't.
>>
>>63627698
that was only in the shitty dvd/bluray release.
>>
>>63625944
Yes, better than the upcoming gook version.
>>
Bryan Cranston's death riterary didn't affect me at all tbqh. I don't really get the hype for Hal
>>
>>63627738
>doubting hideaki anno
C'mon now what could go wrong
>>
>>63627778
>I'm so fucked up.jpg
>>
>>63627778
Sup reddit.
>>
File: 1409608347944.webm (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1409608347944.webm
3 MB, 1920x1080
>>63625944
TOO LITTLE GOZIRRA

TOO DARK GOZIRRA

BLOW DAT MUTO THE FUCK OUT DOE
>>
>>63625944
It looks like shit. Only watch if you salute every time a marine enters the room and you think Brian "Reddit Suit" Cranston is the best actor ever.
>>
It's alright.

First Godzilla movie is still the best, but this is easily the best American one.
>>
Not great like 1954, 70s mechagodzillas, 1984, or Godzilla x Mechagodzilla. But it's solid Good tier movie.

The sequel will be way better though. I know cuz I used a time machine
>>
Every scenes with Godzilla and the other monsters are amazing...but there's not a lot of that

Every scenes with Bryan Cranston are good..but there's not a lot of that

Every scenes with any of the other human characters are really really boring...and there's a lot of that
>>
I really liked the soundtrack, was very ominous
>>
>>63625944
It's better than the other American adaptation but the tone is a complete clusterfuck.
>>
It's a decent film but the lizard doesn't get the film time that enthusiasts would like. It's a disaster film.
>>
Fucking disappointing. They never really explain where Godzilla came from, we never really see the reactions of the citizens nor do we see that classic scene where Godzilla stomps through the city destroying everything. They also gave too much screentime for the other monsters and waaaay too fucking much time for the extremely boring main character.

Gareth Edwards also has this weird fetish that he doesn't want to show the destruction/action. There's that one scene where we finally see Godzilla in his whole beauty when he finds one of the other monsters. They attack eachother... and then suddenly it cuts to a tv screen and we see low-res clips of the fight in a news report. There also one scene where one of the other monsters approaches Las Vegas, then it cuts and the next thing we see is the shot of destroyed Las Vegas.

I left the theater with blue balls. Godzilla '98 is a crappy films but it at least shows what people want: destruction and monsters! That's what you want from a Godzilla film, right?
The original 1954 is deeper than that but at least the characters are interesting and the movie is only 90 mins long. Actually...even that film shows more satisfying stuff and it had a very limited budget.
>>
I thought the build up to the MUTOs was really well done
>>
best sequence in the movie is in the trailer in its entirety.

most compelling character dies in the first act

wooden acting from the main character in a movie trying to sell itself on the human element, plus the ridiculousness of his character always being there coincidentally as monsters attack

it had potential, but fell short of it and is forgettable
>>
The best American giant monster movie made since kong 1933.

Not saying much, but it's true. It's good. Nothing more, nothing less
>>
>>63625944
The main character and his wife are the most blandly generic characters in the history of film. It's incredibly boring without enough original ideas to even be bad. Literally oatmeal the movie.
>>
File: muto gurl.jpg (947 KB, 900x1350) Image search: [Google]
muto gurl.jpg
947 KB, 900x1350
I really loved the designs of Godzilla and the MUTOs, hope they keep making merchandise of all of them.
>>
>>63629442
All they wanted to do was fuck

Godzilla is a massive cockblock
>>
File: mutos.jpg (200 KB, 993x824) Image search: [Google]
mutos.jpg
200 KB, 993x824
>>63629461
That's because they killed his gf years before, remember the skeleton at the beginning of the movie?

Or at least that's how I interpreted that scene since they never mention it again.
>>
>"Godzilla is definitely a representation of the wrath of nature. We've taken it very seriously and the theme is man versus nature and Godzilla is certainly the nature side of it. You can't win that fight. Nature's always going to win and that's what the subtext of our movie is about. He's the punishment we deserve".

>Just kidding he's a hero XDDD
>>
>>63629524
>that artwork exists...

Also Kiryu for the 3rd movie when?
>>
>>63629524
I think that was a different beast. The skeleton resembles that of a snake.
>>
Elizabeth Olsen was the worst part of the movie.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.