[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what does/tv/ think of jessica jones?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 10
File: jjjetplane.jpg (457 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
jjjetplane.jpg
457 KB, 1280x720
what does/tv/ think of jessica jones?
>>
LITERALLY
>>
>>63623592
triggerbait for stormfags
>>
>>63623592
I saw two episodes.
The dialogue is garbage and sometimes so tryhard.
The stupid scene in Avengers where Thanos says "Your Politics bore me" sounds like master class writing compared to JJ.
>>
File: 1447869901540.jpg (86 KB, 604x533) Image search: [Google]
1447869901540.jpg
86 KB, 604x533
>>63623592
I only watched it because the actor is a qt, but it was pretty decent. Weird sex shit at the start but I didn't really hate it. I'd give it a 6/10
>>
>muh mindrape
Memes aside, what little I saw was pretty mediocre.
>>
I could only make it through the first episode and half of the 2nd episode. The conversations between the characters doesn't seem natural.
>>
>>63623605
>>63623615
>>63623633
>>63623665
>>63623677
>>63623693
op here, honestly i watched about 3 episodes and as much as i disliked it, i truly enjoyed it more than garbage like Gotham and green arrow.as much as i dont like luke kek i still enjoyed him more then the wird skinny penguin
>>
>>63623592
i really love jessica "let the sun bleach the white mans bones" jones

http://strawpoll.me/4856660
>>
a good watch if you like being a cluck
>>
>>
>>63623592
Better than I expected. Some parts where shit, cpulda done with less focus on Malcolm and Robyn in the last few episodes, there was nothing going on with their story that was worth half a shit, but they kept having pointless scenes and lines, god damn. I dont give a fuck about the autistic brother fuckoff with his phonecharger bullshit.
>>
>>63623860
If it bothers you that much I think you need to rethink who the smalldick cluck is.
>>
>>63623592
I like Luke Cage's combination of powers. Not too OP but still pretty useful. I also like Purple Man's power, it's a really good power for a low-level villain but has potential. I dunno, do you think Purple Man could challenge any Avenger? Iron Man's suit could probably filter out whatever it is he exudes, Cap's serum might counteract it, but the other ones seem fair game. I haven't read any comics in a long time so I don't know the exact rules, it just seems like an interesting matchup. I do hope he's not dead. Jessica is OK but all of her friends and associates besides Luke Cage are pretty boring and worthless. The autist twins were funny until [you know what] happened, then idk idk idk. Luke Cage though, he's really amazing
>>
>>63623863

Executive producer: Melissa Rosenberg

what a surprise
>>
>>63623987
/pol/ is ALWAYS right
>>
>>63623950
I agree with your review. My review is pretty much the same. Luke Cage is pretty powerful but not as powerful as Goku or Superman. Luke Cage has super strength and really tough skin but isn't that strong. Luke Cage could probably beat Batman in a fight and maybe Spider-Man. Jessica Jones also has super strength like Luke Cage but can also fly like Iron Man. Jessica Jones would probably lose to Iron Man in a fight though. The villain doesn't have any super strength. For these reasons I rank this show 10/10.
>>
File: _1442511657.jpg (149 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
_1442511657.jpg
149 KB, 600x400
>>63623592

Kilgrave was the best, most interesting, character. The episode where he tries to do good is the best one. I hated how they kept making him do psychotic bullshit out of nowhere just to make you hate him.

Also, Luke Cage literally gets knocked out by a shotgun blast to the head. WORST. BULLETPROOF. SUPERHERO. EVER.
>>
BLACKED: the series.
>>
>>63623987
I watched it with my wife's son and his black boyfriend, and we all loved it.
>>
>>63624081
Goku would most likely be friends with Luke Cage. Luke Cage was a very friendly man, and Goku was a friendly man too. There is no reason Luke Cage and Goku would ever have a disagreement or have to fight each other. I do wonder now, though, whether Purple Man would affect Goku. Goku isn't human so he might not be affected. Still, if Goku were affected he would become a powerful tool and could cause a lot of damage. I hope he wouldn't be forced to fight Luke Cage. I wonder what Jessica would do in that scenario? I bet she would just jump around and try to help as best she could. This is a great series, I agree.
>>
looks like a jew.
>>
I liked it. I think comic book plots are at their best when they can hit on deep, personal emotions that normal people have.

For instance, Kilgrave's power was mind control, but for Jessica and especially the victims in the Kilgrave support group, the response they had to being mind controlled was similar to losing 'yourself' in the real-world, whether to drugs, bad choices, becoming someone you're not, etc. Malcolm said that while being mind controlled, he had moments where the mind control was weaker and he felt that he actually could choose not to do drugs, but he wasn't strong enough. And even though he was mind controlled, and he isn't to blame for what he did, he still did those things, and they're part of who he is, and what does that mean.
>>
>>63624138

heres your reply
>>
Starts decently then becomes a joke. Everyone is retarded, particularly the main character, and it just builds each episode until you can't take it anymore. After they catch Kilgrave 3 times and he escapes again he is no longer threatening.
The fight scenes are also shit.
>>63624086
Cage getting brain damage would make sense if all the regular people who got beat in the head with superstrength didn't just harmlessly pass out. I was left wondering why he didn't just get up after he got shot.
>>
Like someone seemed to mention above, I thought it was slightly too long. I think it would have been better at 8 or 10 episodes. The plots involving the dad's genetic modification serum, sergeant Simpson's uncharacteristic decision to take an overdose of those weird combat drugs, the neighbor twin Robyn's extended grief at the death of her brother, the weird 11th hour cameo by Rosario Dawson as some random nurse... these were all filler imo.

Do you guys think there will be a season 2? What other villains does Jessica Jones have in the comics?
>>
>>63624799

I agree that catching Kilgrave and having him escape 3 times really took the air out of the end of the season.

I also thought that when Kilgrave was ultimately caught/killed, why did Jessica Jones let him mind control Trish before killing him?? Presumably she wanted him to tell the random people on the dock to stop fighting each other before she killed him... but at this point, with so many deaths, and the cops obviously headed that way, why didn't she just kill him? It also sucks that when he died, they in fact did stop obeying his orders anyway. And, plus... hadn't Kilgrave already stopped them from attacking each other when he mind controlled Trish? If I were Trish I would have been so pissed.
>>
I liked it so far however just got to episode 10 and it really knocked the wind out of me. It was really fucking dumb.

The who subplot with Simpsons came out of nowhere and was fucking lame and was a cheap copout to prolong the show
>>
its fucken gay lol
>>
File: pepe.jpg (20 KB, 306x306) Image search: [Google]
pepe.jpg
20 KB, 306x306
>tfw my wife's bf is making us watch this
>I don't even like capeshit
>>
I can't stand capeshit. My gf respects this and goes to her friend's house on capeshit nights.
>>
It triggers the shit out of MRAdorks and /polfags.
>>
>>63623592
Laziest fucking writing I've ever seen in a tv series. The plot inconsitencies and constant "we're pulling shit out of our ass to make 13 episodes" style of writing just made me not care to watch past episode 10.

On the upside, the Daredevil tease was cool. Can't wait for Shane punisher.
>>
File: 126438.jpg (45 KB, 600x316) Image search: [Google]
126438.jpg
45 KB, 600x316
Which did you like better?
>>
>>63625453
How? The show never really explored the idea of Kilgrave raping Jessica outside of a few lines of forgettable dialogue. If this is the best that SJWs can come up with, they're too stupid to get butthurt over.
>>
File: 1449724170594.gif (2 MB, 250x300) Image search: [Google]
1449724170594.gif
2 MB, 250x300
>watching JJ with my gf
>shirtless Luke after shower scene
>she starts to fluster and breath heavily
>>
>>63625673
DD by a longshot
JJ wasn't exactly bad but it could have been a lot better
>>
It was OK.

I mean, the actors are Xena warrior princess tier, the effects are slightly below that and the dialogue made me groan, not figuratively mind you, but the main actress was in panties a lot and tenant was the right kind of hammy.

Daredevil was better.
>>
File: 1448342846644.png (406 B, 400x500) Image search: [Google]
1448342846644.png
406 B, 400x500
Its a bad show...from production standpoint.

I would love to see a strong empowered female superhero who isn't a sex-object, but this show isn't it.

I would love to see a show where a charming Brit plays a psychologically scary villain, and a season long thriller ensues...but this show is not it.

I would love to see an honest and open interracial relationship blossom with on-screen chemistry between the lead actors...but this show is not it.

This show needs to be re-written, re-directed, re-cast before is it's even half-good.

A 6/10 is not good enough to compete with such saturated superhero markets in TV and theatres.
>>
File: bbc.png (25 KB, 2000x573) Image search: [Google]
bbc.png
25 KB, 2000x573
literally the show
>>
It's a nice answer to all of the bland as fuck 3edgy5me origin shows that Marvel and DC are pumping out now, but it's still not good.
>>
i think shes a strong independent beautiful woman. I am slightly dissapointed that she isn't latino or african-american, I feel like there is an oversaturation of white females on television shows. It would also trigger me less if she was curvy or full figured, instead of a stick thin hollywood type.
>>
File: 1448821643621.webm (1 MB, 957x540) Image search: [Google]
1448821643621.webm
1 MB, 957x540
>>63623592
>>
>>63624268
>>63624081
>>63623950

Holy shit it's so obvious you are the same person. At least try to make your sentence structure, tone, or even subject different? Try harder?
>>
I can't take my eyes off her nose whenever she's on screen.
>>
eh, saw the first episode because it was hyped as all fuck everywhere. didn't do it for me, had absolutely no interest to continue.
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.