[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are there any filmmaking techniques that, when you see them used,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: snorricam.jpg (60 KB, 600x389) Image search: [Google]
snorricam.jpg
60 KB, 600x389
Are there any filmmaking techniques that, when you see them used, decrease the likelihood you'll like a film?

Nightmare Mode: No shakycam
>>
Snap zooms
>>
Green/yellow filter
>>
Rumbling Camera
>>
Intentional Black/White film
Weird aspect ratio (Fuck you Xavier Dolan)
>>
>>63616776
Snap zoom is fucking great when used right.
>>
CG fire/blood

I could hardly get through Rambo 4.
>>
>>63616776
Those weird digital zooms Snyder likes to use? Yes
>>
camera angles that look like they're shot from a goodyear blimp and just randomly spliced in
>>
>>63616910
CGI blood is the fucking worst, it winds up looking like the mud from the opening of Shrek
>>
>>63616931
Thats just snyder being snyder. Compare that to the scene in the man from uncle where its the snap zooms across the country size to show where everyone is.

It's a fine technique when used in the hands of a professional.
>>
Portions shot in iMax format. You'll get quiet dialogue scenes shot in nice cinematic widescreen 2.35:1, and then in the action scenes, arguably meant to be more cinematic, the format switches to dull old 16:9

They won't make me not watch the film, but they will make me irrationally angry

I'm looking at you, Nolan, stop that shit. Screen in in iMax theatres however you like, but at least crop it for DVD release or something. I'm mostly a purist and would normally argue for getting the footage untouched, but man, seeing it switch back and forth is so distracting.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.