[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was he the real deal? How did he know about the salad with the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
Was he the real deal? How did he know about the salad with the walnuts?
>>
>>63614497

>doubting Eddie Winslow
>>
She probably tweeted about it or something.
>>
He was definitely the real deal, Meg just told her husband that he wasn't because she didn't want closure, she wants an excuse to lash out at the rest of the world.
>>
Because he had physic powers, i thought they clearly established this.
>>
>>63615746

The guilty remnant in general strike me as pretty selfish. They use their own grief at the departure in order to chastise others who were able to cope with theirs or even move past it, while claiming that being able to deal with it is the same as forgetting it.
>>
>>63615934
*smoking intensifies*
>>
Guilty Remnant = Absurdism

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Absurdism
>>
>>63616133
just marathoned this. So now I've has seen 2 Timelord weenies.

So is season 3 going to keep it ambiguous, or will it be full on angels and demons?
>>
>>63616241

No they're fucking not.
>>
>>63615934
This. People are like that in real life though. I have an aunt that I stopped talking to because she had the gall to tell me I didn't care when my own mother died.
>>
>>63616328
Whatever Pleb. Yes they are. But they reject Camus and choose suicide as the solution.
>>
>>63616458

>Yes they are.

Can you even explain why?
>>
>>63616458
>and choose suicide as the solution
When did GR do this?
>>
File: leftovers-1024.jpg (155 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
leftovers-1024.jpg
155 KB, 1024x768
So is he basically immortal now?
>>
>>63616521

They stone eachother to death. They sit down to meditate in burning houses. They don't jump out of the way of cars. They drive into semi trucks. They shove glass into their necks.

>>63616494

They smoke to proclaim their faith. They smoke to proclaim that life is meaningless and attempts to extend it futile and useless.
>>
>>63616494

They exist as blank silent slates- emulating the universe- for others to project meaning onto.
>>
>>63616494
They pass out a flyer to Tommy that says "everything that matters about you is inside" that is blank (ie, pure potential)

Shit, all their posters seem pretty in line with absurdism
>>
>>63616607

>They smoke to proclaim their faith. They smoke to proclaim that life is meaningless and attempts to extend it futile and useless.

And? They smoke because they think the world ended, because 2% of the population vanished. An actual person who embraces Absurdism would't think anything of this because existence is INHERENTLY absurd and doesn't make any sense. The GR are arguably the LEAST absurdist group in the fucking show. They have a quasi-religious persistent and pervasive ideology to remind everyone that the world ended on October 14th.

>They exist as blank silent slates- emulating the universe- for others to project meaning onto.

That would be true...during the first half of the first season.
>>
>>63616607
The stoning was more of a sacrifice, she didn't look like she was in on it.
>They sit down to meditate in burning houses.
>They shove glass into their necks.
They did kill themselves, but it doesn't seem to be part of the cults plan. The lady did it as the end result of a random situation.

The rest are passive aggressive. It happens if it happens, but they aren't trying to die.
>>
>>63616604
>inb4 extremely emotional montage of Kevin drinking the water in S3

I hope not, but I wouldn't be shocked.
>>
>>63616780
You completely misrepresent Absurdism. They don't believe that the universe is absurd. They believe that the act of seeking meaning in a meaningless universe is absurd, or alternately, that meaning is found upon the seeking and not there inherently. It's absurd to look for meaning since the act of looking for it causes it so you're attempts to find it are the only reason you find anything. Self-fulfilling prophecies- something Kevin does a lot in s1.
>>
Absurdism: A Tree Unable To See Tge Forest
>>
>>63616892

>They don't believe that the universe is absurd

Did i say that?
>>
File: hotelguy.jpg (205 KB, 1623x921) Image search: [Google]
hotelguy.jpg
205 KB, 1623x921
I probably enjoyed the "afterlife" scenes the most out of anything this season. I liked this guy in particular, and I've been trying to think of who he could possibly represent. On one hand the hotel seems to be a form of limbo where everybody just kind of hangs around perpetually and he could just be some kind of figure who guides people one way or the other. However, I also think he could be some representation of Charon in that it seems like he has some form of control over who passes on and who is able to be sent back.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.