[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How is this show popular? It's the same shit every episode.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2
File: download (5).jpg (49 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
download (5).jpg
49 KB, 500x375
How is this show popular? It's the same shit every episode.

>Larry unintentionally offends person
>Larry needs favor from person he offended
>tries and fails to fix things
>episode ends with Larry getting screwed over by what is supposed to be an inconspicuous minor moment from earlier in the episode but is easily predictable a la Chekhov's gun

Repeat a dozen times and you have a season of Curb your Enthusiasm.
>>
You could boil most things down into a basic formula. If you like the formula, you watch it. If you dont, you post on 4chan like a fucking faggot about it.
>>
>>63613167

Hello reddit! Nice shitty opinion you have, might I suggest some capeshit?
>>
Doesn't that apply to almost every sitcom?
>>
>>63613227
>Has different opinion
>"REDDIT!!!"
>>
>>63613167
It is maximum Jewish comedy. No joke.
>>
>>63613167
Just because you can simplfy something doesnt make your insight special. You are not perceptive and your opinion isnt unique..
>>
>>63613371
Any show can be simplified. The problem is when every episode follows the same formula and never dares to add variety.
>>
>>63613424
Why? If viewers like it, they like it.
>>
>>63613371
>hurr durr fuck thinking about shit dude! just tear other people down!
oh the irony
>>
File: curb 1312744331517.jpg (75 KB, 305x196) Image search: [Google]
curb 1312744331517.jpg
75 KB, 305x196
I've watched seasons 1 and 2 again just this week, and I agree it very formulaic and it's easy to overdo watching it.

The slow boil up to the punchline gets me every time though, if the show didn't have such big names behind it, it'd never have gotten past a pilot.
>>
>>63613167
That's not what happens in every episode at all.
>>
>>63613528
It is ironic that your post is actually mirroring itself. My post was saying that just because you give a very ruff outline of a formula, and go "why is this popualr?" Is worthless because taste is subjective. And if some one likes some thing its not necessarily up for debate. How do people like coke! I mean its just sugar and syrup.
>>
>>63613303

it's not only a different opinion. it's a shit opinion
>>
Just how much of this show is improv? There are a lot of parts which obviously required quite a bit of direction.
>>
>>63613829
>only my opinion matters
>>
>>63613907
I've read that they are given certain points to bring up but how they do that is up to them.
>>
>>63613797
You're missing the point. What's wrong with the show isn't the formula. It's the fact that the plot seldomly changes and it relies on the formula.
>>
>>63613227
Reddit users and 4chan users are the same people and both groups enjoy curb you ponce.
>>
I donno, to me it's one of those shows where you start to like the more you connect with the characters. At first I just though it was OK, but now for some reason everything Jeff does makes me laugh
>>
>>63613907
19:25 he talks about it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUpF2d4H3x8
>>
Yeah, and we love it. Now fuck off, Krupke.
>>
>>63613907
Basically all of it is. A scene is written just about like this
> larry and jeff are in larrys kitchen
> theyre talking about a dinner at funkhausers house they want to avoid
>cheryl comes into the kitchen
> kletzmer music plays and scene changes

They ad lib the dialogue
>>
>>63614221
>larry david dressed the same as the character larry

what
>>
>>63613907
I think that's partially why I dislike it a bit.

I'm just not a huge fan of all that fumbling around they do. I like it when the dialog in a comedy is sort of laid out to perfection to get the most effect. Whereas I feel in Curb it's more, repeating it over and over again.

Still a decent show though, don't get me wrong.
>>
>>63614161
No, that is my point. That people like the forumla, it works. You moron.
>>
pro-tip: easiest way to spot a fucking pleb: they prefer Seinfield to Curb
>>
Usually I'm just watching the episode - not writing down all the plot points so I can figure out Larry will bow and drop his pill in front of the bisexual
>>
>>63614430
Never said the formula didn't work for people. I'm stating my belief that the show fails to take risks. It's almost as if people have different opinions.
>>
>>63614603
>fails to take risks

there are several episodes that would NEVER get made today so sensitive is the subject
>>
op it's so goddamn funny to me go back to watching breaking bad for the epic plot twists or whatever
>>
>>63614634
There is a difference between taking risks in subject matter and taking risks in how the plot progresses.
>>
Just finished watching all seasons for the first time, funniest show around I reckon

So many great episodes, I could not stop laughing in that scene when Larry's car seat gives Susie an orgasm
>>
>>63615405
>not being able to see that coming because of the shows formulaic nature
baka
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.