[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
is this movie a classic?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2
File: 11166725_ori.jpg (278 KB, 800x1200) Image search: [Google]
11166725_ori.jpg
278 KB, 800x1200
is this movie a classic?
>>
Just flavor of the month completely lost to time.
>>
It's probably the least meme-y Nolan movie
>>
>>63612514
but it did start the epic trailer meme BWAAAAAAMM sound
>>
>>63612439
Yes. Whether you like it or not. Demonstrated, for a start, by the fact that it has influenced practically every single blockbuster movie trailer to come after it.

BWWAAAAAAAAMMMM
>>
classic nolan turd
>>
>>63612439
in order for anything to be a classic, it needs to be at least 20 years old
>>
>>63612578
the trailer is a marketing classic no one is denying that
>>
File: joseph-gordon-levitt.png (207 KB, 323x636) Image search: [Google]
joseph-gordon-levitt.png
207 KB, 323x636
>>63612439
D R O P P E D
>>
>>63612439
No one remembers a single characters name or even the general plot. What the fuck do you think
>>
>>63612439
is this the movie that incepted the idea of the big guy in our minds? As seen from the poster
>>
Probably his best after prestige
>>
Probably the most forgettable Nolan movie.
>>
>>63612778
I remember the names Mal, Saito, Cobb, Adriadne, Arthur and Eames off the top of my head.
Leo took a job to infiltrate Cillian Murphy's dreams and plan the idea that he wanted to sell his energy company.
>>
>>63612847
Batman Begins
>>
>>63612773
>ashkeanazi jewish
>nazi
>>
>>63612811
This
>>
>>63612847

The Dark Knight
>>
>>63612859
Nobody who isn't an obsessed little fanboy who has seen the flick ten times.
>>
I love the hell out of the soundtrack for this movie.. I think tied with TDK for best Nolan film
>>
>>63612439
no but it will probably become one

the core concept is great
>>
>>63612866
>>63612943

Yeah, nobody remembers Nolan's Batman movies...

I would call Inception his most overrated movie if anyone even remembered it a week after it came out.
>>
>>63612992
I watched it 3 times. The last time was in 2011.
>>
>>63612439
No. Nolan is sold as a director who makes classics and on a shallow level his work might look right but I think his stuff is too empty to last.

In 50 years which movie will people remember? Inception or Paprika? Interstellar or Wings of Honneamise? Batman Returns or The Dark Knight?

I think his work is awfully bland and will age pretty badly due to a lack of style. If you remove all of the hype what's left when you look at Nolan's work? Decent production values and stories and some interesting ideas that other directors have usually pulled of better and earlier.
>>
fuck this movie
it flooded the lucid dreaming community with bunch of ineligible newfags who want to dream about having sex with their celebrity crush
>>
>>63613212
nobody will remember your shitty anime
>>
>>63613236
>there are better uses for lucid dreaming
>>
>>63613212
>Inception or Paprika?
Inception
>Interstellar or Wings of Honneamise?
I haven't seen the anime so I won't say.
>Batman Returns or The Dark Knight?
The Dark Knight
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.