[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Star Wars really about Luke's descent into terrorism
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (75 KB, 723x704) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
75 KB, 723x704
Is Star Wars really about Luke's descent into terrorism? Is it a pottery for ISIS?

http://decider.com/2015/12/11/the-radicalization-of-luke-skywalker-a-jedis-path-to-jihad/
>>
>clickbait
nah i aint gonna do it
>>
You have to remember at the time of the original Star Wars the Mujaheddin were the freedom fighters fighting the evil Soviet Empire so it makes sense for this narrative to have been inspired at the time.
>>
>>63602660
nice virus OP
>>
>this old as fuck joke

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cEPazLTGceI
>>
>>63602955
The Force can't melt steel beams.
>>
>>63602660
>http://decider.com/2015/12/11/the-radicalization-of-luke-skywalker-a-jedis-path-to-jihad/
oh my god, two minutes lost for good.
>>
File: 1408184034589.jpg (97 KB, 375x500) Image search: [Google]
1408184034589.jpg
97 KB, 375x500
am I the only one who actually enjoyed the article?
>>
>>63602736
I don't think the article means to imply that Lucas literally took inspiration from afghan warriors. It's just showing how anti-hegemonic forces tied to a "warrior code" all share a number traits, and your view of it depends of which side you're on. It can be romantic or barbarous, but when you understand that you can understand where terrorism may get its "appeal" among some populations, even though everything about it is intuitively repulsive to you.

Lucas got the archetype of the Jedi from samurai movies, and samurai themselves have been romanticized as these anti-modernity, anti-government forces (like in the Last Samurai for example)
>>
That was so stupid, especially the ending. Fuck you, OP.
>>
>>63606075
Explain what was stupid about it.
>>
>>63606290
Luke never wanted to kill Vader, he was asked to confront him. Furthermore, he wanted to saved Vader.
And when Jabba's ship was destroyed he didn't kill innocent people but he just got rid of a gang.
>>
>>63602660
the empire is terrorist because they blew up a whole planet
>>
>>63602660
How the fuck can ONE x wing fighter take down a fully functional super battlestation? It was made JUST so shit like that wouldn't happen, i don't believe the whole exhaust port shit and VADER just happen to be outside the death star when it exploded. I`ve gone over all the blueprints there is absolutely no way one x wing could take that down, the emperor just blew it up himself to give us an excuse to go into hoth. Why the hell can't we find some moisture farmer hiding in a cave with the most advanced military in the galaxy? Probably because he died 10 years ago.
>>
I am not going to read the article but are there seriously people that do not think that the rebellion are filthy terrorists?

Rebellion is basically al-qaeda/ IRA/ whatever.

and i am not even memeing, i get triggered when people perceive empire as the bad guys
>>
>>63607667
X-Wing torpedoes can't melt death stars
>>
>>63607749
the empire seems entirely good, the only big exception is when Grand Master Tarking blows up Alderaan
>>
>>63607467
these are two very minor issues
>>
File: tiggered.jpg (81 KB, 530x616) Image search: [Google]
tiggered.jpg
81 KB, 530x616
>>63607749
go fuck yourself you fucking edgelord
>>
>>63607867
this tbqh
And Tarkin blowing up Alderaan could be likened to firebombing of Dresden, nuking Hiroshima and Nagasaki or reducing Berlin to dust.

Sometimes you gotta do bad things to achieve victory, and seeing that Alderaan was major financial backer of rebellion it had to be destroyed. Sure, killing millions was a bit far fetched but its tiny number when considering the entire galaxy. And to be honest rebels also killed if not millions atleast hundreds of thousands of imperial servicemen on the two deathstars.

Long live the supreme chancellor Palpatine.
>>
>>63607867
it's a metaphor for america nuking japan in WWII
>>
>>63607977
The Toydarians are behind it all!
>>
>>63604027
>Expecting something good when you know the article has a clickbait title.
>>
File: 1447834122007.jpg (6 KB, 250x193) Image search: [Google]
1447834122007.jpg
6 KB, 250x193
OPs POST IS A LIBERAL SJW VIRUS SITE

V
I
R
U
S

S I T E

you'
ve
been
w
a
rned
>>
>>63608172
mind = blown
>>
>>63602660
Rebels=Viet cong
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.