[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw no sequel because Amerishitters would all rather go see
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 5
File: The_Man_from_U.N.C.L.E._poster.jpg (50 KB, 270x399) Image search: [Google]
The_Man_from_U.N.C.L.E._poster.jpg
50 KB, 270x399
>tfw no sequel because Amerishitters would all rather go see the latest capeshit dreck

I mad. Also this movie convinced me Cavill would be a great Bond, but of course that won't happen now... because of capeshit. Goddammit.
>>
i love it
its like archer irl
>>
>>63601815
>its like archer irl

Kill yourself. Kill yourself thrice.

>>63601725

>but of course that won't happen now... because of capeshit.

no it isn't, it just didn't get a good buzz or was marketed properly
>>
Cavill isn't even a good Cavill, much less Bond.
>>
>>63601882
>Cavill isn't even a good Cavill

What did you mean by this?
>>
>>63601868
>no it isn't, it just didn't get a good buzz or was marketed properly

No i meant Cavill being Bond won't happen now because he's Superman
>>
>>63601926

oh well he was never going to be Bond anyway.
>>
>>63601961

He would have been if he hadn't been cast as Superman. He was 2nd choice after Craig, and he only missed out because he was too young. The role would be his, no doubt about it if it wasn't for DC.
>>
Why is Cavill such a balding manlet?
>>
>>63601725
it was a pretty decent movie. not worse or better than any other spy flick.

The good thing is, at least Guy stopped copying his own movies.
The bad thing is, his best were Lock stock...; and Snatch, and every latter of his work is only decent at best.
>>
Making a movie based on a franchise only old people remember was a bad idea.
>>
>>63602497
I agree but Rocknrolla is great too.
the sherlock holmes films are good also. i really liked man from uncle but i think its not as good as most of his films.
His best is Lock, Stock
>>
>>63602532

>what is Mission Impossible
>>
>>63601926
How can Alicia be Swedish
She looks Mediterranean
>>
>>63603143

>She looks Mediterranean

What does that mean really?
>>
This just wasn't very good. It's mediocre. The pacing is shit, and the climax sucks. Guy Ritchie's early successes were flukes.
>>
File: 1432235307001.jpg (25 KB, 489x499) Image search: [Google]
1432235307001.jpg
25 KB, 489x499
>>63602622
The original Mission Impossible ran from 1966–1973, with a second series running from 1988–1990. The first movie came out in 1996. That's a twenty-three year gap between the original show and the movie and six year gap between the revival and the movie.

The Man from U.N.C.L.E. ran from 1964 to 1968. The movie came out this year. That's a forty-seven year gap.
>>
>>63603387

Thanks Barnaby Jones!
>>
>>63601725
>because Amerishitters would all rather go see the latest capeshit dreck

More like it was right up against another, much better known, spy movie franchise.

>>63603189

Olive skin, dark hair, dark eyes.
>>
they fucked up by using an old as fuck IP instead of just making it a new series.

It'd be like if they tried to make a Million Dollar Man movie, or a Greatest American Hero movie.
>>
>>63603143
BLANDA UP
>>
>>63603941
>6 million dollar man

Well do mark wahlberg and I have good news for you
>>
>>63601868
>thrice.
not a word mate
>>
>>63603941
>Fucked up

How? It can only help bring in people who remember the series while having no effect on people who are unaware of it.
>>
>>63604035

Oh wow

It's gonna flop
>>
>>63604064

Prove it.
>>
>>63604113
>6 million dollar man

That's what, a couple joint replacements and an artificial heart these days?
>>
>>63604101

Guy Ritchie has enough star power as a director to get peoples attention. The people who remember the series most fondly are in their 50s now.
>>
>>63604168

They could lampshade it by saying that the original 60s project estimated it would cost 6 million dollars to complete, obviously with modern day resources it'd be significantly higher but the boys at DARPA liked the name so it stuck.
>>
>>63604168
Just call it the six billion dollar man, fuck it add in some augementations and we've got adam jenson on the big screen
>>
File: Sweden.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Sweden.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>63603143
Sweden is the land of tolerance, anon. Everyone is either homosexual or fucked an immigrant.
>>
>>63601725

I'm American and I saw it in the theaters, what now shit-skin?

Also

>implying this isn't capeshit

This is super hero h jerkoff bullshit without the capes.
>>
>>63602029
This, he made Man From Uncle to get back at them.
>>
>>63601725
This movie not doing that well had nothing to do with capeshit. It was marketed horrendously, some people didn't even know it was actually a thing until it hit theaters.
>>
>>63604064

Are you retarded?
>>
>>63601725
>no sequel
FUCK
I liked that movie Tbh
>>
>>63604264

Heard joke once. What do you call a straight man in Sweden? A tourist.
>>
File: armie-hammer-henry-cavill.jpg (143 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
armie-hammer-henry-cavill.jpg
143 KB, 600x450
The Good
>Cavill, Hammer, and Vikander
>their chemistry and character dynamics
>the look and sound of the movie
>the opening scene
>the humor felt natural
>the opening and ending credits

The Bad
>pacing
>the third act
>Elizabeth Debicki (she made for a shit villain)
>>
>>63604500
>>Elizabeth Debicki (she made for a shit villain)

I disagree, I really liked her, the venom in her voice when Cavill baited her was chilling, plus she was fucking hot.
>>
>>63604500
>their chemistry
there was none
>>
>>63603941
>Greatest American Hero movie.
That's happening too.
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.