[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
this was honestly pretty shit, except for the technical part
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
this was honestly pretty shit, except for the technical part
can someone explain to me why is it rated so high everywhere? I don't care if I'm a pleb, I just want to hear some legitimate reasons, not "wow you just don't get it"
>>
It was shit 'for you', not for everyone. People have different taste, that's the real explanation.
>>
>>63600648
Every opinion in the world is subjective.
Let's just shut down /tv/ because there's no reason to ever discuss anything because it's just your opinion bro
>>
>>63600688
Yes, let's. This board is shit.
>>
>>63600688
You don't have to go overboard. Don't throw out the bay with the bathwater. I was just pointing out that it appealed to a lot of people, but it's also okay if it doesn't appeal to you.
>>
I haven't seen this film. It was suggested by my brother that I watch it at 1.5x speed because it's slow. What do you guys think?
>>
>>63600783
I suggest you punch your brother in the face
>>
>>63600614
It's a kino type of thing. Kubrick's movies often tend to just be better than others on a level that can be hard to explain. His autistic attention to detail and craftsmanship become more and more noticeable and impressive as you watch more stuff.

Also I think 2001 does lots of things well, it's pretty, tense and interesting. These alone can be enough for me to rewatch it.
>>
Don't watch it for story and instead watch it like a moving painting
>>
Atmosphere mainly. It's the only movie that makes me feel a certain way. It's a mixture of dread and awe. It's hard to explain, but the slow-pace, use of music and cinematography all make it feel larger than life.

I like how mysterious it is and how mysterious it makes the space seem. I regret reading the book and getting a clear-cut explanation of the ending, it's much better when you don't understand everything. It doesn't have an actor give the audience a though-provoking speech than explains the themes, it manages to do that nonverbally and make the audience think for themselves.

It works for me, but obviously not for all. It's a hard movie to recommend because of how unusual it is. Everybody likes the part with Hal since it's the only one with clear plot and characters but that's only 1/4 of the film.
>>
>>63600829
this

watch it again in a few years when you're a big boy and have more films under your belt OP
>>
It spawned the "we landed on the moon" meme
>>
File: 2001 For Dummies.png (56 KB, 1280x490) Image search: [Google]
2001 For Dummies.png
56 KB, 1280x490
>>63600614
>>
>>63600614

Because much like Birth of a Nation, for its time it was revolutionary.
>>
I didn't know this when I watched the movie but the Europa one of the Jupiter's moons is the only place in our universe to have life because it has water.
So the alien race who made the monoliths could have came from Europa
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.