[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
MAD MAX: FURY ROAD
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 7
File: furious.jpg (328 KB, 1440x1950) Image search: [Google]
furious.jpg
328 KB, 1440x1950
Remind me again why /tv/ hates this.
>>
>>63600013
it's not mad max
>>
/tv/ hates everything.
>>
It's popular
>>
It's backlash from feminists and sjw who unilaterally loved the movie but don't know or care about the other mad max movies.

The movie itself is great.
>>
Previous Mad Max movies
>Max meets some interesting characters and does his own thing

Fury Road
>Literally self insert fan fiction with an original character do not steal
>>
>>63600013
Because it's not a Mad Max movie. It's a feminist movie that Max makes a cameo.
>>
File: 1403582170345.jpg (911 KB, 2200x2044) Image search: [Google]
1403582170345.jpg
911 KB, 2200x2044
>>63600013
1) /tv/ hates everything that isn't /bane/ or /dubs/
2) /tv/ hates everything that is popular
3) /tv/ is the worse board
>>
/tv/ is mostly inhabited by grumpy children
>>
>>63600013

/tv/ didn't hate it

there was a big thing about it being a feminist manifesto because of some stuff millar said, but it wasn't

anyone who saw it, loved it, including people from here. It was the film of the year for me.
>>
reddit loves it so there you go
>>
I hate it because i'm one of the autists that preferred the Original Mad Max to Road Warrior. But even Road Warrior wasn't as retarded as this shit.

That being said, i don't hate it. It's just not Mad Max. It's Furious Furiosa.
>>
>>63600099
get this hot head outta here!
>>
File: colombian.gif (969 KB, 500x239) Image search: [Google]
colombian.gif
969 KB, 500x239
>>63600204
>>
>>63600013
I never hated the movie, I hated the fact that there's almost no Mad Max in it.
>>
>>63600049
>>63600088
>>63600092
>>63600172
>>63600340
and that's why it is the best mad max ever made.
plus: NO MEL
>>
It's barely a Mad Max movie, I mean, there's Tina Turner and a tribe of children?
>>
>>63600472
>Bringing up the worst Mad Max movie

Well Thunderdome and Fury Road have a lot in common:

They both star women that have unwarranted importance and are terribly mediocre.
>>
>>63600013
what gun?
>>
It's popular and has a female character. Both of these things trigger /tv/
>>
>>63600445

This better be bait.
>>
Don't worry, phams, the Furiosa spin-off will be even better
>>
inb4 t. male feminist shill etc.
>>
>>63600532
no, it's true
Max is a shit main character, mel gibson is a shit actor
Fury Road just admitted that and made it all about the action and the coolness, since it's the only thing left to extract from this worn out nuclear apocalypse background.
>>
>>63600129
The simple reason is nerds.

The longer answer is an extremely pervasive nerd ideology /tv/ is against.

Nerdism places incredible emphasis on continuity, so a film that eschews this is incomprehensible. Note how, despite the film being incredibly stylized, the conversation over Fury Road is dominated by descriptions of the worldbuilding and extras. Things like Max's ability to predict the future are ignored.

Nerds demand an immersive franchise universe (e.g. the 'MCU', the Star Wars EU) and ideological purity. Oppression cannot be presented as systemic. It must always be a moral threat from despots. Luke Skywalker is 'natural', and Jar Jar Binks is an artificial imposition by Lucas, the degenerate.

Megan Fox's character in Transformers 'dresses like a slut', but not in an 'empowering' way. Even though this character trait stands for her misguided attempt to escape poverty by selling herself, class-ignorant nerds vacillate between slut-shaming Fox and demonizing Bay. The skimpy clothes in Fury Road are acceptable because they are imposed by the Bay-ish Joe.

Fury Road's narrative structure is identical to the entire 6-film Star Wars series - but condensed into a single film, scrubbed of satirical content, and presented in chronological order so that it ends with the triumph of the liberal rebellion. The meme-elevation of George Miller to greatest living filmmaker is likewise a condensed, inverted version of the ridiculous meme-demonization of figures like George Lucas and Shyamalan.

People who literally do not know what cinematography is now write book-length fantasies about how 'lazy' JJ Abrams is, or devote entire webseries to debating whether Matthew Vaughn is racist. It's based around punishing celebrities' perceived sins - lust, greed, sloth, etc.

No nerd has ever loved Wim Wenders or Jane Campion, or Miller back when he made Babe 2. But once he makes a film in a science fiction/superhero franchise universe... God help us all.
>>
>>63600776
yeah i don't get the hate on Shyamalan
sandnigger's movies are fun as fuck
>>
>>63600013
If it was at least hot, or at least cold. But it's just lukewarm and I spit it out!
>>
>>63600736
>Max is a shit main character, mel gibson is a shit actor
>Fury Road just admitted that and made it all about the action and the coolness

The people who like Feminist Road everyone.
>>
>>63601141
Nice rebuttal.
>>
>>63600013
Most of the "people" on /tv/ that "hated" the movie are just losers that can't tell what a good movie isis. All they can do is meme.

There is a reason why Mad Max Fury Road is regarded as the best 2015 film and will win an Oscar
>>
>>63600776
>No nerd has ever loved Wim Wenders or Jane Campion, or Miller back when he made Babe 2. But once he makes a film in a science fiction/superhero franchise universe... God help us all.
This is very true. Well written and thought out arguments here.
>>
It was deemed great until it became too popular and well-received, then the contrarianism kicked in
People here will tell you that's not the case but they're lying shitters, it's the usual 4chan cycle
>>
all these fallout fans
>muh shady plots

multiple hurricane radioactive sand storms and flaming guitars, you wannabes
>>
>>63601187

>Fury Road
>best 2015 film

Also winning an Oscar doesn't mean anything nigger.
>>
>>63601204
/thread
>>
>>63601238
Means more than the memes from the haters on this board.
>>
>>63601233
>multiple hurricane radioactive sand storms and flaming guitars
fucking this
i like a well elaborated story, i really do, but when you make an action movie this brutal...
fuck everything, man.
>>
>>63600013
A movie can be spectacular as you want, but if it has zero dialogues and plot, it can't be really good
>>
>>63600073
/thread
>>
>>63600013

What is she shooting at?
>>
>>63601494
LOL you are retarded. MMFR was a masterpiece when it came to camera work
>>
>>63601545
patriarchy
>>
>>63601494
you're talking about No country for old men, right?
becouse i don't think dialog and plot are important on an all-action movie
>>
>>63600013
Meme Max
>>
>>63600049
wrong.
>>
>>63601267

first off it's not going to win Best Picture

second the movies that do win Best Picture are absolute garbage 90% of the time so that wouldn't be a sign of quality
>>
>>63601712
I didn't say best picture. But it will be associated with an Oscar.
>>
>>63601735
It will almost certainly get the effects oscar or a few of them like sound editing etc. no one except people in the industry in that particular field care about.
>>
>>63600013
>Escape from ebil patriarchy ran area
>Arrive in stronk womyn matriarchy ran area
>Stronk womyn matriarchy hasn't already collapsed before they arrived because stronk womyn don't do anything apart from complain and feel like they're owed something

Literally T R A S H
>>
>>63601872
Also one of the few categories that isn't completely fake or a popularity contest
>>
>>63600013
>Remind me again why /tv/ hates this.

Because it's overrated, then /tv/'s natural contrarian reaction is to underestimate it
>>
>>63600013
It was feminist propaganda in its absolute purest form.
After it was over, I had to repeat "I hate women" to myself over and over again so I remained a woman hater.
>>
>>63601919
>Stronk womyn matriarchy hasn't already collapsed
but they did
>>
>literally bitching "its not my dads max max"

you fags need to get a life
>>
>>63601960
>i hate anything thats popular

the fuck is /tv/ filled with hipster manchildren
>>
>>63601998
>>63601919
>didn't watch the movie
>>
I don't care about the obvious feminist themes.

What killed the movie for me is the adhd pandering and the fact that there's absolutely no variety in the action scenes. It also reminds me of The Hobbit trilogy because there's no sense of danger and scale; it's a big ass car chase where a shitload of explosions happen but you don't really know who's "winning"(or how close to death our guys actually are).

The writing is atrocious and hilariously cheesy. I still don't understand why they felt the need to pull that shitty romance arc out of their ass (the war boy and that one girl). In short, the whole movie has a B-movie feel to it because of this and even the most "dramatic" scene was a complete joke because of how hard they tried (when the war boy sacrifices himself, everything goes slow motion and that generic sad music starts playing).

The art direction is obviously a more subjective matter but I sure as hell didn't like it. I guess some white trash kids who watch WWE and listen to butt-rock bands probably loved it.
>>
File: La Mazorca Dildo.png (68 KB, 214x226) Image search: [Google]
La Mazorca Dildo.png
68 KB, 214x226
>>63602088
It's not eve "a" Mad Max, you fag.
>>
>>63602149
Talking out your ass: The Post
>>
>>63600013

/tv/ has been rejected from potential sex acts by every female they know, so women in power trigger them severely.
>>
>>63602149
what the
>>
>>63602185

K.
>>
>>63602149
You're right
>>
>>63602149
>you don't really know who's "winning"(or how close to death our guys actually are).
>>
>>63602185
It's Road Warrior 2 ya dingus.
>>
When it was out in theaters everyone loved it, when it came to torrent sites everyone hated it.

>NEETs in charge of taste
>>
>>63602149
>complaining about a "b-movie feel"
Confirmed for never having seen any Mad Max movie.
>>
>>63602634
Nope, there were threads here before it even released filled with outrage at the hiring of the Vagina Monologues author being a consultant on the film, and George Miller admitting to being a feminist.
>>
>>63600080
I've seen SJWs complain about how the women in the movie didn't do anything on their own and acted with masculine traits instead of feminine ones to ultimately win the day.

I guess you just can't ever win with feminists.
>>
It has women and women are stupid and smell bad.
>>
>>63600013
>over rated
>cg
>orange and blue
>composited "stunts"
>anime style screaming at the sky where everyone disappears moment
>>
Why was this film even R-rated? There was hardly any gore at all, and maybe a split second of nudity. Fucking weak.
>>
>>63603891
And those bits could be left out entirely, wouldn't make a difference
>>
>>63603891
To attract the "le epin wrong generation" reddit fedora tipper crowd.
>>
>>63603841
i'm a weeb and I'm not sure what scene you're talking about.
>>
Years ago people used to make fun of movies that were just mindless explosions and shit dialogue. Then people started liking them ironically. Now we like mutton dressed as mutton because we have forgotten what's real.

Seriously though, I sat through this and was totally bored the whole time. I didn't care about the characters - when I say I didn't care I mean I didn't care in a positive way, I actually cared enough to find them immensely annoying.

So thin is the plot that I could describe it all in this review and I think it wouldn't spoil or enhance the experience for anyone. I really don't understand how things like this happen to me, how I experience something so different to the majority. Utter shit.
>>
>>63603953
This but say it without memes. People see PG-13 as a detriment, so even a bloodless R gets people excited
>>
friendly reminder that women hate cars, and you only watch a movie like mad max because of the awesome vehicle design.

therefore, if you didnt like that movie you dont like cars, which mean you are a woman
>>
>>63604010
But PG-13 would be better for box office
>>
>>63604047
Nope. Kids don't care about Mad Max. The only people of cinema going age who even know the brand are the fedora tipper "film buff" crowd. Making it pg-13 would have scared off the only people who even know the brand.
Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.