[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I could kind of understand if he was cast as Bond considering
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (143 KB, 850x560) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
143 KB, 850x560
I could kind of understand if he was cast as Bond considering the history of that character. But what is the point of this? Did Fantastic Four prove nothing? I'm not even racist, I plan on seeing Creed because I love the Rocky series and have heard it's a decent entry. I just don't get this whole
>replace white people
>????
>Profit
>>
>>63591881
>given the history of that character

Elaborate. Cause right out the gate you sound like an idiot.
>>
>>63591881
>Did Fantastic Four prove nothing?
What did it prove? Are you suggesting Michael B Jordon's role in that movie is what caused it to be so terrible and flop? If so you're completely retarded.
>>
>>63591942
Bond is a suave English dude who has been played by several different actors over the years.
>>
>>63591881
Michael Jordan was not the reason Fantastic Four was shit, OP.

Regardless, I like Elba, but I just don't see him as Roland.
>>
I wouldn't mind at all if Idris Elba was cast as Bond if they stuck with the "James Bond is a codename given to MI6 agent 007" theory that explained the different actors.

Skyfall threw that at all the window and since its all the exact same character now it wouldnt make any sense.
>>
>>63591976
Yes, I think it had a part in the failure of that movie. It was an unnecessary race change to appeal to the PC crowd.
>>
I'd rather watch movie where they replace a white with a black, than one where they replace a man with a woman. Shit feels even more forced.
>>
>>63592110
When did they ever have that?

Literally every bond pre reboot made. A reference to Tracy bond and the marriage
>>
>>63592110

I fucking hate Skyfall
>>
Idris Elba is based as fuck, but ya there's literally no justified reason to replace CLEARLY White character with somebody of a different race, if anything it's racist
>>
File: 1446751204160.jpg (131 KB, 717x1023) Image search: [Google]
1446751204160.jpg
131 KB, 717x1023
>>63591881
I am so fucking mad right now, I love the dark tower series and you simply cannot replace Roland (who's supposed to be a homage to Clint Eastwood) with a black man.
There's no need for it either, you already have a black, strong woman on a fucking wheelchair how can you be more diverse than that?
>>
>>63592169
According to college students it's impossible to be racist against white people because racism is power + prejudice. At least that's what they told my local dean before he resigned. They're in college so they have to be smart right?
>>
I think Idris Elba is a good actor, but why replace Daniel Craig with him. Dude is like 5 years younger than him. Daniel still could do Bond for another 2 movies easily.
>>
>>63592487
I'd rather Idris only do one Bond and be replaced then suffer through another two with Craig.
>>
I thought he was the front runner for the role and not cast yet.
>>
OP.

Do you understand the way markets work? A market for a specific commodity or desire becomes available due to demand. Demand is met through supply. So, why replace white actors? Because there is a profitable market right now to see black actors taken on roles as substantial, credible & cross-appealing as a white male.

It's really quite simple, I'm confused as to whether or not you have dismissed the entire black audience.
>>
>>63591881
>Creed
Appolo Creed was black and he had black children with a black wife. The main character in Creed being black is perfectly appropriate. A much better concept than "Son of Rocky" considering his son took after Adrian and is a complete c
>>
>>63592056
>Regardless, I like Elba, but I just don't see him as Roland.

I thought the same thing. But then I was like, if it's Elba as Roland is the only way we'll get a Dark Tower movie then I'm down. I want to see it and they could pick a lot worse actors
>>
He's gonna be too old. By the time Craig is done (let's say, 3-4 more years for next bond), elba will be mid 40s
>>
File: image.jpg (61 KB, 567x473) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
61 KB, 567x473
>>63592591
I'm pretty sure Fantastic Flop made at least half of it's money from the SJWs that have taken over the entire concept of "nerd culture" now. Simply because they threw in a black guy to replace a white guy. How many black people do you know that are into The Dark Tower?
>>
File: 1379656884827.png (1017 KB, 665x663) Image search: [Google]
1379656884827.png
1017 KB, 665x663
>it's real, and King endorses it

Fuck you stupid, money whoring kikes. Fuck your PC, progressive, sell out ideolgy.

Ok you want to retcon the description of the character??? How about the dynamic between Roland and odetta/Susannah????

I hope I live long enough to see this progressive utopia burn to the ground.
>>
>>63592115
What's the correlation between his casting and the film's garbage direction and writing?

Michael B. Jordan is a fine actor as evidenced by his work on The Wire, Fruitvale Station, Creed, etc. - if it was a well made movie, logic dictates that it would have been received well (ignoring any frustrated keks) even with him in the role.
>>
>>63593146
I wouldn't know. I didn't watch it because they made Johnny Storm black only to appeal to the cancer killing the entire entertainment industry. I still want to see Creed though.
>>
>>63593356
>I didn't watch it because they made Johnny Storm black only to appeal to the cancer killing the entire entertainment industry.

Look at this edgelord.

There's a stronger argument against Idra as Roland because it fucks the dynamic between him and Detta.
>>
The question I have is why is every racial change always white to black or black to white?

When was the last time a major film or tv show in America centered around an asian person? Or even a south american. Blacks were never underrepresented in films or television, there were plenty of big name black actors who had leading roles before the "diversity" craze hit.

Meanwhile other races that rarely are used for leading roles are still underrepresented.

There are more shows centered around gays and trans people, some of the smallest demographics imaginable.
>>
>>63593373
> it fucks the dynamic between him and Detta
How so? All she ever does is call him a Honky. Now she'll probably just call him an uncle Tom or a house nigger.
>>
>>63593433

Asians make their own films in their own countries. They don't need to co-opt American film. Blacks have no industry.
>>
>>63593466
An asian would've made way more sense for Star Wars since the whole story was inspired by Georgie's interest in eastern religion.
>>
>>63593373
It's the same thing. They wouldn't dare whitewash Detta so she will just call Roland a nappy ass nigga instead of a cracker, but that's ok just because they'll both be black.
>>
>>63593134

>Stephen king books
>possessing anything that can be eve remotely called dynamic

The word you are looking for is tripe. Detta/Odetta and Susannah were all shit long before she becomes a plate throwing ninja warrior
>>
>>63593553
The first 4 books are the only good ones. The Wolves of Calla is where it all went downhill. Fuck King's sobriety, it ruined the entire series. The comics are pretty good though.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.