[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What will be the main changes made in Harry Potter remakes?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 89
Thread images: 8
File: Harry_poster2-DH2.jpg (954 KB, 1350x2000) Image search: [Google]
Harry_poster2-DH2.jpg
954 KB, 1350x2000
What will be the main changes made in Harry Potter remakes?
>>
Genders and ethnicities.
>>
nothing. shot for shot remakes
>>
waiting for mandatory hp is trash post
>>
>>63591771
Of who and into what?
>>
harry will be transgender and ron/hermione will be an interracial relationship
also the death eaters will look like donald trump supporters instead of klansmen
>>
Everyone will be Pakistain, except for Malfoy.
>>
There won't be any remakes, you're overvaluing the cultural capital of Harry Potter because it's day in the sun was intertwined with the impressionability of your youth.
>>
>>63591751
they won't be set in Britain, as wizardry is not allowed under sharia
>>
seeing the Quintin and Stephen King pasta be the first reply
>>
Harry will be black, Ron will be a muslim and Hermione will be a transgendered otherkin campaigning for feminism in the wizarding world.
>>
>>63591785
Harry blacker than sin, voldemort, hermoine and ginger slut will be whiter.
>>
File: snap-cover-small.jpg (16 KB, 292x425) Image search: [Google]
snap-cover-small.jpg
16 KB, 292x425
>>63591830
This. They'll make a Methods movie instead.
>>
Harry will be a black lesbian.
>>
>>63591870
>ginger slut will be whiter

how? is she going to be albino or something?
>>
>>63591870
Will there be any specific goal behind these changes?
>>
>>63591898
No.

>>63591890
Can be whiter. She will need an umbrella to get around an overcast Britain.
>>
L E S B I A N G I N N Y
>>
All of the races of characters who get together will be changed so as to make sure every relationship is BM/WF
>>
>>63591751
It'll be a tv show by either HBO or Netflix, whichever has the bigger hard on for bongs.
>>
>>63591875
Literally only fanfic worth reading in existence. A bit too naive though.
>>
>>63592043
>A bit too naive though.

In what ways?
>>
>>63591853
Top kek
>>
>>63591751
>I tall ends

This some kind of manlet propaganda piece?
>>
>>63592059
That a eleven year old is capable of some things Harry did throughout the story. Intelligence is not the only thing going for humans you know? Also some really silly things in there, Baba Yaga, Fenixes choosing champions (cool concept though), superhero Hermione, come the fuck on.
>>
>>63592043
>reading HPMOR isn't a total and absolute waste of valuable time
Go to /b/eddit, it's a school night.
>>
>>63592246
I mean, you already consumed Harry Potter in some form, it does not get shittier from there.

Also, its Saturday.
>>
>>63591830
>implying "your youth" won't suddenly start nostalgia-ing in 25 years leading to 7 more pieces of movie shit
You underestimate the power of money.
>>
>>63592043
It pisses me off how he mentions how brain damage proves souls don't exist, but I guess he only mentions WHY once in an early chapter because I skip those when I reread it and every time I see it mentioned I cannot fathom how that proves jack shit.
>>
>>63592882
What is matter? Never mind. What is mind? No matter.

Brain damage seems to imply that it matters and you need to mind after all.
>>
>>63592882
>>63592930

A bonus: This was resolved rather elegantly in Following the Phoenix, a fanfic of a fanfic. One good thing about its rather rushed end.
>>
>>63592882
I dont remember if he debunked himself later, but that is literally stupid. Was he correct any wound would prove his point as in the soul must provide for all body functionally as well for the brain.
>>
>>63592930
So you're saying that he believes if you had a soul, brain damage wouldn't hurt your cognitive functions because a soul is supposed to be the "intelligence" of a person?
>>
>>63593031
What is the soul? A collection of your personality? Nope, your personality is all biological.
You perception?
All biological.
Your feelings?
All biological.

So what magical voodoo nonsense are you left with? Consciousness? Dreams? All biological.
>>
>>63593031
Yes, I believe that's what Yudkowski implies with
>brain damage proves souls don't exist
>>
>>63591950
A man can dream
>>
>>63593093
Think like this: the brain (body) is but the receptacle of your soul, without it your soul (your conscience and all that you are) can not keep itself in this world and must depart.
>>
>>63593186
Lol, pure hocus pocus trash from someone with zero understanding of physics, chemistry and biology.
>>
>>63593093
>>63593104
That's retarded. Your brain could just be a necessary component to EXPRESSING your personality and intelligence, and brain damage just puts your soul in a sort of Locked in Syndrome esque position, where it's functioning perfectly well, it just lacks the ability to use the meat suit properly because it's damaged.
>>
>>63593368
Can you say you truly, TRULY understand those things to say with absolute 100% certainty that there's no hocus pocus behind it all?
>>
Harry is a an African American transwoman trying to make it in a bigoted, British world that hates xir for xir skin color, gender identity, and wizardly powers.

Hagrid is a gay Asian.
>>
>>63592882
>>63592930
>>63593031
>>63593093
Keep in mind the author is an autistic fedora savant that had a literal fit over the potential repercussions of a THOUGHT EXPERIMENT, deleting all discussions of it and threatening to ban anybody who made new ones, before finishing off his HARRY POTTER FANFICTION with the biggest cop out disappointing rushed ending feasible.
>>
>>63591751
Weasleys are now niggers instead of gingers since Hollywood hates ginger characters and always changes them into blacks. Ginny would still be white though
>>
>>63593450
Yes.
>>
I couldn't give a shit about the plot or characters, but more consistent art direction would be great. In the first films everything was delicate and warm and magical, then it went with these green filters and fascist newspaper design shite in the last ones.
If they do remake them I'd like everything to seem more ancient and religious, the new films make it look like magic was invented around the year 1800.
>>
Harrold Al-Pote
>>
Literally everyone will be having passionate, interracial sex with another person in every single scene
>>
The only white people in the movie will be the bad guys.
>>
>>63591950
>Harry lets Hermoine go for Ginny
>he goes in for a kiss
>Help! This CIS scum just raped me
>Harry is killed
>Black Ron defeats Voldemort
>Dumbledore is openly gay as fuck and in a pink wizard robe
>>
>>63591807
>donald trump supporters instead of klansmen
What's the difference?
>>
>>63594303
>In the first films everything was delicate and warm and magical, then it went with these green filters and fascist newspaper design shite in the last ones.
This is actually how it goes with the books

There is no cursing until book five and all of a sudden everyone is spouting it
>>
>>63591751
I always hated how they did his scar in the movies 2bh
>that gay little 'N'
>a lightning bolt
not even centered, smdh
>>
>>63595973

>hating on based Trump

Back over the wall with you.
>>
File: hermione.png (133 KB, 500x198) Image search: [Google]
hermione.png
133 KB, 500x198
>>63591751
Peeves.

Proper setup and payoff for things (Sirius' mirror, the Marauders, Snape's backstory).

More comfy moments where they're just having class.

Animated TV series.
>>
>>63596083
>>More comfy moments where they're just having class.

Fuck yes.

That is why the first movies were so good. They actually showed classes and the fucking school. The later movies turned into generic good vs evil, over the top drama bullshit.
>>
>>63593186
Consciousness is biological. "Who you are" is based on memories, which are physically stored in the form of electricity and chemicals. All biological.
>>
File: daniel-radcliffe.png (191 KB, 300x611) Image search: [Google]
daniel-radcliffe.png
191 KB, 300x611
>>63591751
D R O P P E D
>>
>>63597849
every fucking thread man
>>
>>63597849
>somebody checks every actor's ethnicity to actually post this

was this also you?
>>63597832
>>
>>63597849
people are forced in hollywood to convert it seems
>>
>>63596174
Thats because the books did that also.
>>
File: emma-watson.png (357 KB, 424x780) Image search: [Google]
emma-watson.png
357 KB, 424x780
D R O P P E D
>>
brendan fraser will be in it as an extra at least
>>
>>63598292
She isn't Jewish
>>
File: rupert.png (410 KB, 424x780) Image search: [Google]
rupert.png
410 KB, 424x780
D R O P P E D
>>
>>63598276

i heard once you couldn't covert to judaism
>>
Can't believe it has only been 5 months since Deathly Hallows 2 was released
>>
>>63591751
Not shitting all over Slytherin. More magic being used like in the earlier films. Remove Longbottom. Have Lupin, Charlie and Fenrir actually have an awesome werewolf showdown instead of the LITERALLY NOTHING we got in the books and movies.
>>
>>63591751
Harry and Hermoine will be black.
Ron will be trans.
>>
>>63598373
So that's why he's driving an ice-cream truck despite being loaded with dosh.
>>
>>63591875
I hope you're trolling, because HPMOR is the most overrated piece of nonsensical trash I've ever read. If non, did you join his cult too?
>>
>>63598313
He will be w dementor attack victim, or voldemorts corpse
>>
>>63597145
>Consciousness is biological
Not in the Potterverse though, because people who have their souls sucked out by Dementors turn into vegetables and just starve to death because their conciousness is gone.
>>
>>63597849
No wonder, with that manlet gene.

>>63598292
she is just a frenchie
>>
>>63591751
The protagonist will all be nigs with a Jamaican accent, or a sweaty looking paki. Hermonie will be a white girl with a hijab.

Every villain would still be all white.
>>
>>63591751
Dumboldore will be played by a paki and will finally look like Osama or Jhiadist bomber.
Hagrid will be an Asian Guy inspired with the gookification of the hulk
>>
File: 5938044759_63440302f0_b.jpg (197 KB, 900x600) Image search: [Google]
5938044759_63440302f0_b.jpg
197 KB, 900x600
>>63591751
Hopefully:
Hermione won't be a Mary-Sue.
Fleur and Ginny would actually look good.
Ron and Harry would actually look like they were described.
Snape would be as awful as he was in the books.
Voldemort's backstory would actually be included.
Dumbledore won't be a child beater who's constantly pissed off.
Harry's snarky comment won't be cut off.
Snape penseive scene from OOTP would be included.
Grindelwald wouldn't aid Voldemort but laugh at him like in canon.
And more Pasny Parkinson.
>>
>>63593449
The mental gymnastics retards like you go to. smhtbqh
>>
>>63596002
The only swearing is in the last book, "bastard" is used twice. Also what the fuck does tone have to do with art direcction or design
>>
>>63596002
He didn't say that it shouldn't go darker, but ditching school robes and shit dated the later movies. The first movie seems more timeless.
>>
>>63591853
That was Harold Bloom you dumb piece of shit
>>
>>63601197
To be fair, it could just as easily be that the Dementors give you some kind of lobotomy with their kiss, and the wizards just thinks it means they suck people's souls out. It's not like those idiots could diagnose an injured brain.
>>
>>63601465

If Ginny looked anything like that I'd have been satisfied with the ending.
>>
>>63601465
>Grindelwald wouldn't aid Voldemort but laugh at him like in canon.

That was such a fucking stupid change. Not as bad as the deatheaters blowing up the Burrow, though. They actually went out of their way to introduce a fucking plothole just because they didn't want to end the penultimate movie with a big battle but still wanted one somewhere. And then they went and made two movies anyway.
>>
>>63602638
It's implied Dumbledore has a gizmo in his office which detects a soul (the smoke machine which formed into 2 serpents for Harry), so we can be fairly sure Dementors really do remove your soul.
>>
American Remade with American Actors only and American Themed
>>
>>63601465
What an ugly tie knot.
>>
>>63602687
Yeah I was seriously pissed about that. Grindelwald's death was fucking awesome and they ruined it for no reason at all.

>>63602730
>"i am a faggot" -you
>>
>>63602758
Ur tie a shit.
Thread replies: 89
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.