[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I recently converted to Catholicism after being a full on fedora
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 53
File: 1448779943814.png (40 KB, 825x635) Image search: [Google]
1448779943814.png
40 KB, 825x635
I recently converted to Catholicism after being a full on fedora tipper most of my life. There aren't a ton of Christian movies these days, but the ones that exist are fucking amazing.
>Passion of the Christ
>Kingdom of Heaven
>Calvary
>Lord of the Rings
Anymore post 2000 Christian movies worth watching, senpai?
>inb4 a pic related atheist comes in to "tell me how it really is"
>>
File: 1445509578530.jpg (163 KB, 525x352) Image search: [Google]
1445509578530.jpg
163 KB, 525x352
>>63590465
>recently converted
ayy, why would you do that? I'm a Catholic but I can't imagine why anybody would specifically want to be.

Just watch Sebastiane over and over again until you are kino.
>>
>>63590465
Congratulations anon. It's beyond egotistical and arrogant for someone to assume they know everything about the entire universe, especially as fields such as quantum physics are showing us that our understanding of basic reality is flawed.

There aren't many good Christian films, unfortunately. I'm guessing due to Judaism's distrust/dislike of Christianity and an excess of fedora tippers. Calvary was the last good one I saw.
>>
>>63590550
>church jesus himself made
>largest and oldest christian denomination
>actually stands by its values and doesnt change to suit modernist faggots
Why wouldn't you be a Catholic? Your other options are biblical literalist retards and ultra liberal "whatever the Democrats say is what our church says" pretend Christians.
>>
The Mission (1986) with Robert De Niro

Enjoy anon, it's really good and relatively unknown to /tv/
>>
>>63590608
More why would you become a Christian at all? I think Catholicism is a nice and sane denomination but why pick any? Is there a hole in your soul? Problems you can't deal with that you're trying to subvert through belonging to a big group and spirituality? Have you read the bible? Do you legit 100% believe Jesus was the son of god?
>>
>>63590550
>protestantism
literally got butthurt and made their own church. all other offshoots are fucked by this fact.
>>
>>63590608
>>63590660
How about instead of talking about religion you talk about /tv/

On that note, here's a list from Church Times with some pretty solid selections
http://www.rayfowler.org/2007/04/30/top-50-religious-films/
>>
File: laughingmonks.jpg (14 KB, 236x354) Image search: [Google]
laughingmonks.jpg
14 KB, 236x354
>>63590660
>not understanding spirituality
>>
>>63590660
>is there a hole is your soul?
Yes. That's the entire point of religious belief
>>
>>63590465
Why would you specify post-2000?
>>
File: tips milk.jpg (12 KB, 566x631) Image search: [Google]
tips milk.jpg
12 KB, 566x631
>>63590465
>I recently converted to Catholicism
>>
File: 1434664599227.jpg (166 KB, 500x770) Image search: [Google]
1434664599227.jpg
166 KB, 500x770
>>63590660
You don't have to have a bad life in order to strive for something greater than yourself. Making a claim like this just proves that you personally feel empty. People can be happy without God, but happiness with God is far greater. Please don't be a dense retard playing armchair psychologist pathetically because people are capable of having meaningful experiences you apparently cannot have.
>>
>>63590787
Because I'm well aware of plenty of movies made earlier than this. Since these types of movies are rarer these days, I'm interested in discovering what's out there.

>>63590701
Very few of these are post 2000
>>
>>63590602
>especially as fields such as quantum physics are showing us that our understanding of basic reality is flawed.
t. Deepak Chopra
>>
why would you eat your own god, brah

that shit sounds barbaric

and also platonic idealism a shit
>>
File: deepak-chopra.jpg (808 KB, 1473x1512) Image search: [Google]
deepak-chopra.jpg
808 KB, 1473x1512
>>63590836
>shit I've been rumbled
Seriously though string theory makes a mockery of our understanding of physics
>>
File: Sebastiane2.jpg (172 KB, 1638x1088) Image search: [Google]
Sebastiane2.jpg
172 KB, 1638x1088
>>63590806
If your life isn't bad why would you want to improve it?

>you personally feel empty
>meaningful experiences you apparently cannot have
>tfw
>>
>>63590946
>Seriously though string theory makes a mockery of our understanding of physics
Designated quantum fields
>>
>>63590465

only watching post 2000's Christian Movies... Oh how lucky you are that being a pleb is not a sin OP.
>>
>>63590950
Yeah you're right bro I guess I'm the fucking retard for wanting to have a broader epistemological and experiential framework for my life. You convinced me, I'll stop being a Catholic so I can be just as narrowminded and sad as you are. Thanks for saving me from being happier than I was.

>>63590878
Catholicism has grounding in a Thomistic-Aristotelian framework, not Platonism.
>>
>>63590465
>I recently converted to Catholicism after being a full on fedora tipper most of my life.
What was your rationale?
>>
here you go:

https://www.icheckmovies.com/lists/top+100+spiritually+significant+films/

not all of them deal explicitly with religion but do feature moral quandaries and essential "christian values" (not as bad as it sounds)

some of my favourites on there: death of m. lazarescu, l'enfant, order, day of wrath, code unknown, a man for all seasons, tender mercies, the apostle, playtime (seeing this film is a strange, very joyous experience, very spiritual), less related to what you're looking for but great are vertigo, sullivan's travels, the night of the hunter.
>>
>>63590608
>>church jesus himself made
objectively wrong
>>largest and oldest christian denomination
objectively wrong
>what is arianism
>>actually stands by its values and doesnt change to suit modernist faggots
objectively wrong
>>63590631
great post my brother
>Problems you can't deal with that you're trying to subvert through belonging to a big group and spirituality?
this is one of the greatest lies about spirituality that is perpetuated in the modern day
>>
>>63590804
Tark is Orthodox. If he was born a couple hundred years earlier he would have been killing Catholics in war
>>
>>63590465
>Christian movies
>Lord of the Rings
We-we're not just going to let that go, right? Guys?
>>
>>63591120
That's what I implied, poobrains.
>>
>>63590993
Even that feels like 'oh we know the answer it's this other highly theoretical and basically unprovable idea'

At that point you're legitimately into faith. If you have faith science will find the answer, that's still a faith. That was a turning point for me
>>
File: 1446975103004.jpg (193 KB, 1337x1034) Image search: [Google]
1446975103004.jpg
193 KB, 1337x1034
>>63591098
I'm not interested in hearing about how you don't like the Catholic Church, but I will point out that all of your "objectively wrong" non arguments are objectively wrong. I would say more, but frankly you didn't put any effort into your post so why should I? Don't go down this road, because I will cite peer reviewed research putting you in your place :)

>>63591094
The fact that it's true. I reviewed the philosophical and metaphysical arguments for the Christian God and they are sound and there are excellent contemporary defenses of it. Then I looked at the historical piece and was swayed by the evidence for Christ and the Catholic Church. The only thing holding me back was that I didn't believe in miracles, but that was simply an a priori assumption at that point.

I also recognize the possibility that other religions' miracles could be true. That doesn't change the fact that Catholicism is still the religion I selected as correct.

Anyway, changing this a priori assumption was the hard part, but that's where having an open mind / having a subjective experience of God or the divine comes into play.
>>
>>63591134
It is. Tolkien was Christian as fuck
>>
>>63591229
>because I will cite peer reviewed research putting you in your place :)
you can cite garbage that is more like your pic than actual research but OK
there is 0 corrolation between Catholocism and the teachings of Christ but you go ahead and pretend that you're doing Gods work
>>
>>63591229
Would buy beer for
>>
>>63591219
That and the fact that to be an atheist requires one subscribe to
>reductive materialism
>postivistic exlcusivism
>ethical naturalism
Among many more. It's ridiculous. Atheists like I was don't recognize how many implicit assumptions there are in this worldview. Not saying that means you have to be Christian without God giving the gift of faith, but to hold on to atheism is absurd.

There is more knowledge in the world than empirical facts.
>>
>>63591219
Sorry, but I don't have faith in any system that promises future answers. If it answers them that's all fine and dandy, but don't make ridiculous unfounded claims.
>>
>>63590465
The only thing worse than a fedora tipper is being completely converted due to fear of someone calling you a fedora tipper.
>>
>>63590465
dogma
>>
>>63591085
>Thomistic-Aristotelian

maybe, but the end result is the same

transubstantiation is as ridiculous as alchemy

i don't buy into substance theory, and i absolutely do not deal with beings that traffic in the sacrifice of humans, creator deity or not
>>
>>63591098
>no ur wrong

Great counter arguments m8. Makes me wonder why atheists are the most despised people in the world.
>>
>>63591134
LOTR is religious. It's just as Christian as Narnia.

Tolkien was huge into religion.
>>
>>63590829
Well go watch those movies then, most movies post-2000 are shit there's a whole century of good stuff to watch. If you really want christian post-2000 movies just watch Kirk Cameron shit or Gods Not Dead.
>>
Real talk, if you're actually religious (not just memeing) and on 4chan you should kill yourself since you're already going to hell.
>>
>>63591290

?

because they don't require buying into the supernatural

>There is more knowledge in the world than empirical facts.

maybe not, but how do you know otherwise?
>>
>>63590465
You are still a fedora.

>christian movies
yeah, just nail yourself to a cross already
>>
>>63590946
String theory has basically been disproven idiot
>>
>>63591338
when people spew multiples lies in a row what the hell are you supposed to say?
saying that Jesus , or even Peter, founded the Roman Catholic Church is historically not even remotely true
>>
>>63591337
>i don't buy into substance theory, and i absolutely do not deal with beings that traffic in the sacrifice of humans, creator deity or not
See the pic in OP. You don't sound well-versed in philosophy, and your aversion to Christ's sacrifice is meaningless if you don't believe in God in the first place. I could provide plenty of explanation/justification for eating the body of Christ, but what does it matter if you don't believe in the first place?

Please don't equate transubstantiation to alchemy, by the way. It proves you don't know what you're talking about.
>>
>>63591369
>"Think god for Christian scholars and their ability to rationalize anything. If it weren't for them we'd have to act like Christians!"

- Rene Descartes, 1772
>>
>being so hipster you become a christfag

kek
>>
File: h.jpg (213 KB, 593x900) Image search: [Google]
h.jpg
213 KB, 593x900
>post 2000
just watch The Devils
>>
>>63591394
>Please don't equate transubstantiation to alchemy, by the way
why not? It's bullshit magic and unbiblical, like every Catholic specific doctrine
>>
>>63591290
From the way you talk I reckon you're a fair few IQ points above me but a great eye opener for me was the realization that there is statisically zero per cent change my mammalian monkey brain can even perceive the universe correctly, let alone understand it. Letting go of your ego and opening yourself to the possibility of things far greater in scope and magnitude then you are is a worthy feat
>>
>>63591376
You don't need to buy into the supernatural to believe in God in a general sense. Anyway, besides the spiritual, there are plenty of epistemologies that still fall outside of empiricism. Logic and mathematics for instance.

Stating that you should only believe in empiricism is absurd. That is an absolute statement and absolute statements are not empirical. How did you arrive at that conclusion? It's a philosophical farce. Prove to me empirically that we should only be empiricists. I'll wait.

Saying science explains everything is like saying we can piece together who a painter is based on the painting he created.
>>
>>63591386
>that showed him!
Explain the double slit experiment
>>
>>63591433
If you're a fedora then whatever the whole religion is problematic for you, but if you're a protestshit exactly why do you draw the line there when Jesus brings a dead man back to life, changes water into wine and all other kinds of miracles that should be impossible?
>>
>>63591348
Tolkein was Catholic specifically.

>>63591034
:(
>>
>thread about religious films
>posts are arguing about atheism and Catholicism
Agnostic/fedora here, these are my favorite Christian films:
The Tree of Life
To the Wonder
Andrei Rublev
Diary of a Country Priest
Au Hasard Balthazar
Winter Light
Ordet
Days of Wrath
The Ascent
The Passion of Joan of Arc
Valley of the Bees
The Gospel According to St. Matthew
Nazarin

>>63591386
Wrong.

>>63591480
Has nothing to do with string theory.
>>
>>63591394

>your aversion to Christ's sacrifice is meaningless if you don't believe in God in the first place. I could provide plenty of explanation/justification for eating the body of Christ, but what does it matter if you don't believe in the first place?

that's a nice, neat box you've got there. i hope the ribbon that is "faith" never unravels, and you never question why you would submit to a deity that requires, no, demands you to consume human flesh.

>Please don't equate transubstantiation to alchemy, by the way. It proves you don't know what you're talking about.

why? does it bother you that your system is so bizarrely similar to another one? i'd hate for you to learn about asiatic mystery cults and all the hodgepodge other shit your religion had to absorb to survive
>>
File: 1448603565953.jpg (98 KB, 517x961) Image search: [Google]
1448603565953.jpg
98 KB, 517x961
>>63591433
been waiting to post this
>>
>>63591552
Please, the comparative/synchronistic argument against Christianity is childish and debunked. That only is valid in the atheist hugbox world you live in. Do you want sources proving how wrong that argument is, or do you just want to shitpost? I thoroughly studied this stuff before deciding to become a Catholic. Those arguments are from the fucking 1800s lol
>>
>>63591520
because catholic dontrine has nothing to do with the teachings of Jesus. nothing at all. even the way they handle Sin is a fabrication designed around control. The hierarchy of the church, the way that priests are separate spiritually from laypeople, the focus and worship (AHEM I MEAN VENERATION) of Mary, the praying to saints, transsubstantiation, infalibility of the pope, immaculate conception, etc were all introduced down the line either to help the church become acceptable to pagans or to secure political power

every single one of Martin Luthors 95 theses are correct. the catholic church as an institution historically is anti-Christ. It does not accomplish what Jesus taught us to do and ironcally makes it pharisitical
http://ergofabulous.org/luther/
>>
>>63591553

What about Pentecostal?
>>
>>63591530
>has nothing to do with string theory
I've read a few bits and pieces on the internet implying otherwise, but am far from up to date on the issue. If you know what you're talking about, then I concede the point
>>
>>63591631
Nice dodge there, now again what makes Catholic "magic" false but bringing the dead back to life completely believable?
>>
>>63591553
>this is my body
>it HAS to be physically, Jesus NEVER spoke in metaphors
read the God damned bible you authoritarian ritualistic pieces of garbage
>>
>>63591631
>protestants cant handle the bantz
>run away
>we're the real church you guize!
Martin Luther's main issue was with indulgences. If not for that shit, Christianity wouldn't have split at all.
>>
>>63591647
The double slit experiment was nicely explained by classical wave mechanics as well as regular (Copenhagen) quantum mechanics once it became clear that light exhibits wave and particle duality. String theory is not required to give an explanation to it. Besides not all physicists agree with string theory.
>>
>>63591594
>childish and debunked

i guess your leap of faith began here? you literally just referenced aristotle before-hand in your attempt to realize transubstantiation. do you want to point out where in the new testament jesus declared his commitment to idealism? or do you think some sort of fucking discussion happened afterwards, where greek minds took ideas and religions that were already being talked about and incorporated them into a fledgling, apocalpytic, human sacrifice cult?
>>
>>63591675
because the miracles of Christ came from Christ, the magic of the Catholic Church is made up on the fly with no traditional or Biblical foundation
>>63591691
>protestants can't handle the bantz
>says the catholic who is still mad at Luther
nice try
and ANYONE who communes with a group of believers to worship, sharpen eachother, grow closer to Christ, and spread the Gospel is a church

watching a priest summon the holy spirit (trigger warning) and eating crackers in silence is not doing the work of God

I mean sure, it's fine for a once a week meeting and if you lived in an old community where the entirety of the town was considered the Church body and Church life existed outside of Sunday mornings then there's be room for improvement
as of now the Catholic church is antiquated, straight up heretical, and harmful to the teachings of Christ in more ways than it it helpful
>>
>>63591731
>he knows what he's talking about
Point conceded. Was not up to date and conversely, speaking shit. Am aware that string theory is fairly debatable, but that's the sort of grey area that led me to question science. As much as we think we have the answers, the deeper we dig the more questions we seem to face
>>
>>63591684
In the Bread of Life discourse, his disciples find the teaching odd and specifically question if Jesus is being metaphorical. Jesus doubles down and says "THIS IS MY BODY"

And then those followers abandon him. If it was a metaphor, it would not have played out this way. Sorry it doesn't make sense in the context of the Gospel.

BTW, notice how the Protestants seem a lot like the disciples who abandoned Jesus over this exact question of eating his body? Prophetic...
>>
>>63591761
>Hurr the Gospel is never read and teaching how to apply it to our lives is never done in a Catholic Mass

By your definition Catholics are doing enough to be considered Christian.

also
>heretics defining what is heresy

kek
>>
>>63591756
Yawn. Don't care about this. You didn't post a source, you just doubled down on the same bullshit. And you continued to pretend that Christianity is Platonic, which means again you possess little to no knowledge about the topic your raving about.

Reread your post. There's no substance to it. It's just atheist shitposting. I'm not impressed. I'm sure you'll need to say something else, but please take your "dignity" and just fuck off. I don't care unless you want to start quoting peer reviewed sources at me.
>>
>>63591795
>but that's the sort of grey area that led me to question science.
Grey areas will always be present
Even mathematics will always be incomplete or inconsistent, thanks to Godel's incompleteness theorems
Hilbert's second problem will never be accomplished, and perhaps even P=NP will have a negative proof
The universe is a logical grey area
>>
>>63591900
Fuck mate, the simple fact .999... = 1 is enough to throw a grey area on everything we consider true and immutable
>>
>>63591952
You should never take a calculus course.
>>
Calvary was amazing desu senpai. One of the best movies I've seen in my life. I would almost even call it a film if it wasn't for CIA chewing the scenery.
>>
>>63591810
this is literally misinformation
A) The bread of life discourse has nothing to do with the last supper. it is not a clarification about Jesus claiming to be bread, its a reaffirmation of what he said earlier
>“The work of God is this: to believe in the one he has sent.”
>So they asked him, “What sign then will you give that we may see it and believe you? What will you do? 31 Our ancestors ate the manna in the wilderness; as it is written: ‘He gave them bread from heaven to eat.’[c]”

>32 Jesus said to them, “Very truly I tell you, it is not Moses who has given you the bread from heaven, but it is my Father who gives you the true bread from heaven. 33 For the bread of God is the bread that comes down from heaven and gives life to the world.”

>34 “Sir,” they said, “always give us this bread.”

>35 Then Jesus declared, “I am the bread of life. Whoever comes to me will never go hungry, and whoever believes in me will never be thirsty.
there is literally nothing in here to suggest that he meant he literally turns to bread
he is using metaphor, like LITERALLY EVERY TIME HE SPEAKS ABOUT ANYTHING, to clarify and expand upon what kind of spiritual fulfillment believing in him does
and here are the other passages that discuss the last supper. the words mentioning the body as bread and blood as wine are uttered once and unchallenged or expounded upon
https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew+26:17-30
https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Luke%2022:7-38
>>63591855
What I am saying is that it is possible to adhere to Catholic doctrine and be saved. What I'm more importantly saying is that the institution and it's independent tradition defies Christ in almost every way possible. Hell, Luther even wrote "Against the Roman Papacy, an Institution of the Devil"
>>
>>63591988
wait no way is CIA in it? that moves it up to MUST WATCH imo
>>
File: cia_ninja.webm (97 KB, 292x306) Image search: [Google]
cia_ninja.webm
97 KB, 292x306
>>63591988
>>
>>63591229
Didn't read your post, but this has got to be the worst graph I have ever seen in my entire life. Likely made by a butthurt Christfag who was tired of seeing the circular reasoning argument used against his own religion. Congratulations, you've discovered one of the absolute truths of reality, all information is potentially fallible. You might as well believe in literally whatever you want, there's no reason not to, right? I mean everyone you've ever known could have been wrong, because you don't know! What rubbish.
>>
>>63591761
>still mad at Luther
I agree with him on indulgences. I agree that a lay person can read and gain his own understanding of the bible. I disagree on the number of sacraments. In no way am I mad, and I'm seriously wondering are you Protestants taught that Catholics are mad at you? I don't care. You're free to interpret the religion as am I.

And for the sake of clarity, I'm Irish. We were killing each other over slight theological differences for most of my life. I never agreed with that
>>
>>63592001
You're fucking around with the quotes because you know I'm right haha. The cognitive dissonance. Read this once through with a clear mind and tell me what you think:

[50] This is the bread which comes down from heaven, that a man may eat of it and not die.

[51] I am the living bread which came down from heaven; if any one eats of this bread, he will live for ever; and the bread which I shall give for the life of the world is my flesh."

[52]The Jews then disputed among themselves, saying, "How can this man give us his flesh to eat?"

[53] So Jesus said to them, "Truly, truly, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of man and drink his blood, you have no life in you;
[54] he who eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day.
>>
>OP confesses to becoming a nonce
>everyone attacks him for it

Why
That's what we're about innit
>>
>LMAO I believe in a god in the sky
>OOOOOOOH I can give reasons for my faith
are you retarded cavemen?
religion is literally a method to control stupid humans. There never was a guy who wrote that book and shit, and he was never "resurrected" or shit like that. There's NOTHING after you die, no heaven or hell, just plain nothing, and you're not there to feel it. There's no one listening to you confessing to bs to donating money except the guy who owns the scam, becuase he is getting the money for free, without working for it.

RELIGION IS A SCAM, YOU IDIOTS
>>
>>63591966
Definately not. However 3/3 = 1. 1/3 = .33.... .33 x 3 = ???

Pretty simplistic. But the basis of our mathematical structure
>>
File: OfGodsAndMen-Poster.jpg (225 KB, 1500x1124) Image search: [Google]
OfGodsAndMen-Poster.jpg
225 KB, 1500x1124
patrician af
>>
File: 2380677-204-hank-hill-whatever.jpg (28 KB, 208x210) Image search: [Google]
2380677-204-hank-hill-whatever.jpg
28 KB, 208x210
>unironically JOINING a religion

are you actually a God fearing man? Or do you just want a sense of belonging like all the religious hipsters do nowadays
>>
>>63592085
>australia wakes up
abandon the thread guys. enjoyed talking to you all, and learned a lot
>>
>>63592099
>what is the concept of infinity and limits
That's why I said don't take a calculus course.
>>
>>63592085
>religion is literally a method to control stupid humans
If this is true why have countries like China, Soviet Russia, and North Korea all persecuted Christians?
>>
>>63591859

lol, speaking of shitposts, senpai
>>
>>63592050
WHAT
IS
A
METAPHOR

HURR I BET JESUS ACTUALLY TURNED INTO A STONE TEMPLE FOR A MILISECOND BEFORE HE DIED ON THE CROSS TOO

I ALSO BET THAT WE'RE SUPPOSED TO MAKE PHYSICAL CROSSES TO CARRY ON OUR BACKS DAILY

I'M SURE I SHOULD BE PLANTING SEED AND BURYING TREASURE IN FIELDS
>>
>>63592112
never heard of this, looks really good
>>
File: 1301510831269.jpg (185 KB, 782x577) Image search: [Google]
1301510831269.jpg
185 KB, 782x577
What do I get if I become a Catholic? Will the Pope make waifus real?
>>
>>63591338
>counter arguments
You have burden of proof, retard.
>>
>>63592139
>christianity is the only religion
no
in USSR, modern china and NK the religion is the STATE. The gubmint is the one that controls everything, and if it tells you to give shit up, you do because they do it on gunpoint. Same as religion. Both rely on the guy being stupid.

persecuted them because its either the state or death
>>
>>63592207
at this rate I wouldn't even doubt it
>>
>Lord of the Rings
>Christian

Kill yourself my man
>>
>>63592135
I agree with you. However you must admit, needing to substantially complicate an issue in order to solve an underlying structural flaw makes you question the initial structure
>>
>>63592186
It doesn't have much going beyond a simply story about "Christians and Muslims are brothers" though
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEle3cBoFxQ
>>
File: 1397004909726.gif (499 KB, 450x296) Image search: [Google]
1397004909726.gif
499 KB, 450x296
>>63592233
>if it tells you to give shit up, you do because they do it on gunpoint. Same as religion
you are literally the person in all the fedora images
intolerant, close minded, ignorant, uninformed, proud, egotistical, etc etc
>>
>>63590602
>It's beyond egotistical and arrogant for someone to assume they know everything about the entire universe, especially as fields such as quantum physics are showing us that our understanding of basic reality is flawed.
Therefore, God.
>>
>>63592238
>knows nothing about Tolkien
Sauron (well, Morgoth) is literally Satan. Gandalf dies for his friends and is resurrected.
>>
>>63592233
Well, I would argue that Christianity has been fought against more than any other religions in those countries, but whatever.

And naw, not all religion forces you to believe it at gun point. Christianity definitely doesn't.
>>
File: 1445727489162.jpg (28 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1445727489162.jpg
28 KB, 500x281
>>63592085
>>63592121
>>63592154
>>63592145
simply fucking epic. atheists prove how great they are at thinking things through once again.

>>63592221
this is a thread about movies, not a formal debate lol

>>63592238
too epic
>>
>>63592276
Therefore, dropping the ego that lets me think my brain can solve anything. There is no chance you evolved to even perceive the universe as it really is. You are meat, blood and electricity.
>>
>>63592308
>quotes at least 3 non Catholic God fearing men
>thinks he has the intellectual high ground
>>
>>63592271
>uninformed
>close minded

please refute my claims and tell me how religion does not rely on the guy being stupid and then being given an ultimatum of death (or extreme pain in hell, whatevs (not that i believe in this shit)) so that the guy feels guilty for wanting to leave while they sucker his money

>proud
>egoistical
yes

>>63592298
>y'all gonna go to hell!
>believe in this shit or get cursed or shit
Christianity is a much less concentrated version, yes, but it still is a fraud and a scam
>>
>>63592139

again, with an even stronger reprise

>therefore, god
>>
File: 1439956958006.jpg (3 KB, 125x125) Image search: [Google]
1439956958006.jpg
3 KB, 125x125
>>63592308
>where are your counter arguments to my unsupported claims????
>you didn't prove the claims
>this isn't a debate xd
Holy shit.
>>
The bible never says anything about praying to saints, and even goes so far as to say you should not try and contact dead people

Catholics just made up their own rules later on after Jesus and the original apostles were gone
>>
File: MB5X6Ai.jpg (171 KB, 548x618) Image search: [Google]
MB5X6Ai.jpg
171 KB, 548x618
>>63592391
>>proud
>>egotistical
>yes
>>
>>63592453
>not saying why that is wrong

>that stupid ass Aalewis reddit comment

no
>>
>mfw Christlovers can't into moving on

He died 2016 years ago, just stop it he ain't coming back
>>
>>63592429
Lutherian we all have our own ways. Live and let live
>>
>>63592391
>>y'all gonna go to hell!
>>believe in this shit or get cursed or shit
Well, a lot of theologians still think there's hope after death for those who haven't become Christians yet.

Also, there's a difference between a human punishing people and God punishing people.

>>63592396
I don't know what you're trying to say here. I wasn't claiming that the persecution of Christians proves Christianity is true.

>>63592429
The Bible doesn't really say anything about taking Holy Communion at church either. Some practices were passed down by tradition.
>>
>>63592478
it's self evident in the face of grace you sniveling pleb
>>
>>63592429
You don't pray to saints, you ask them to pray for you.
You can tell me which fact I have wrong or alternately where my logic is flawed
>The Saints are in heaven, in communion with God, having a deeper relationship with him than any living person
>The Saints are not spiritually dead and thus have an awareness of the living world
>If the Saints have an awareness of the living world, they would be aware of requests from the living
>Having a deeper relationship with God, the Saints would be beneficial in helping to pray to him.
>>
>>63590608
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christianity_in_Ethiopia

Tewahedo is about a century older than the first known use of the term Catholic.
>>
File: 1447783689484.png (211 KB, 452x419) Image search: [Google]
1447783689484.png
211 KB, 452x419
Holy shit the atheist shitposting. Just as a fun game for atheists: Look through this thread and show me JUST ONE atheist post that has a substantive argument or point in it?

Can't do it can you? It's just name calling and thread shitting to the highest degree. This is why 2/3 of children raised in atheist households become theist. It's because it's all posturing and no substance.
>>
>>63592502

John 6:53-58English Standard Version (ESV)
53 So Jesus said to them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you have no life in you. 54 Whoever feeds on my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up on the last day. 55 For my flesh is true food, and my blood is true drink. 56 Whoever feeds on my flesh and drinks my blood abides in me, and I in him. 57 As the living Father sent me, and I live because of the Father, so whoever feeds on me, he also will live because of me. 58 This is the bread that came down from heaven, not like the bread[a] the fathers ate, and died. Whoever feeds on this bread will live forever.”

>Truly, truly, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you have no life in you
Sounds like something all christians should do - not necessarily at church every week out of protocol though (much like the lord's prayer which is meaningless if you're just reciting words out of a book)

There is no documentation in the bible regarding praying to saints for extra 'prayer power' when you want something

>>63592557
The bible says literally none of that though, it's catholic fanfiction
>>
>>63592406
I'm sorry if you feel so confident in your "argument" feel free to state it plainly in response to this post. Go ahead. Tell us all what you are "debating" and what your point is. We'll wait.
>>
File: 1447522029885.gif (16 KB, 205x274) Image search: [Google]
1447522029885.gif
16 KB, 205x274
>people ITT claim to be christian
>dropping swears everywhere

wew
>>
>>63592599
So, which part do you not believe?
Do you believe the saints are in fact spiritually dead?
Do you believe they are not in communion with God?
>>
>>63590465
>I recently became a /pol/ catholic
Fix'd that for you, you little dumbass
>>
You faggots have gotten so contrarian you're actually turning to religion. Congrats, you are completely divorced from your peers now. Well done. Don't you feel great?
>>
>>63592557

The most glaring inconsistency with this way of thinking is, you have to accept that got is not omniscient and omnipresent, thereby discounting him as God
>>
>>63592502
>X still thinks
no
GIVE ME PROOF that is shit is correct.

>>63592510
I don't what you are saying
>>
>>63592621

I'd like to take a step further back and challenge where in the bible it describes how people become saints in the first place. If it's something determined by humans, how is there any guarantee of where they are in heaven?
>>
>>63590465

Kingdom of Heaven is shit. I wanted to like it, but it was just a poor man's Gladiator.
>>
File: ooaoo.gif (2 MB, 440x180) Image search: [Google]
ooaoo.gif
2 MB, 440x180
>>63592334
but it's not egotistical to place your modern-day high school diploma and above centuries of human experience, subjected to the scrutiny of the scientific method.
right.
because, like, you can't really KNOW anything, man.

but i know the universe is too complicated for meat to understand.

except pope meat.

cheers for trying to expand your knowledge of christian film, though, jackass.
>>
>>63592578
As a neutral I noticed the Christians were being pretty fucking understanding, were listening to the other side and even fucking admitted when they were wrong, something you never see on this site (or the internet in general) Honestly they've sort of made a fan out of me
>>
>>63590465
If there was ever movie made for you than it is most definitely
Don.Verdean.2015.WEB-DL.x264-FGT
>>
>>63592607
You made multiple claims and didn't even attempt to prove them, some guy said the claims were wrong and then you called him out for not providing counter arguments to your claims that you failed to prove. Then I decided to bring up that you didn't acknowledge your burden of proof.

I'm still waiting on that proof you have.

>We
kek
>>
>>63592651
It essentially doesn't matter to the conversation, you could do the same to anyone you're reasonably sure got to heaven. It's generally considered a safe bet that saints did.
With that in mind, what logic of
>>63592621
do you not believe in?
>>
>>63592616
Don't worry, /pol/ shitposters pretended to be Christian, some new fags believed it and then they pretended to be Christian. It's just a fad, they all think that christianity is the true way and that Christian values like family and being good have been invented by the catholic church, also being conservative somehow means being Christian and hating Mexicans and loving Donald Trump seems to be the true Christian way.
>>
>>63592628
That's quite sad of you. There's a full, informative thread there and your r/atheist attitude goes straight to
>muh /pol/ boogeyman
either that or you're Australian
>>
>>63590804
GK Chesterton was a proto /pol/tard he was like 300 pounds and railed against degeneracy while thinking the latin mass was the best
>>
>>63592666
>says the devil
>>
File: 1445296198064.png (492 KB, 800x770) Image search: [Google]
1445296198064.png
492 KB, 800x770
>>63592666
same 2bh. this thread was enjoyable until suddenly a torrent of atheist bullshit was unleashed. i don't think it's a good way to get people on your side, esp. when it's just stating GODS NOT REAL over and over. lol what do they expect, for everyone to suddenly change their mind because they made a statement like that? it's unreal.
>>
>>63592718
That's not GK Chesteron, retardino.
>>
>>63592567
I haven't researched this shit, but why is word use important?
>>
>>63592733
Sorry to break it to you, but Yui is fucking trash, kiddo.
>>
File: 1447699583218.png (268 KB, 361x691) Image search: [Google]
1447699583218.png
268 KB, 361x691
>>63592699
kek I asked you to state in clear terms what your epic argument was you couldn't stop shitposting about. And instead of just making some point or another, you keep talking in circles about some imagined argument you're having with... whom again?

Also:
>le everyone who disagrees with me is one person maymay

Just stop.
>>
>>63592733
Nobody here said shit about God, it's just hilarious that some retards and contrarian nitwits fall for the Christianity meme that was started by pol and now assume that they legitimately are Christian.
>>
>>63592657
>my high school diploma
tell me how they made greek fire, anon
>except pope meat
the pope is only infalliable when he sits on the seat of st. peter
protip: he doesn't
screaming and memeing in the face of someone who has a different belief set to you is quite childish, friend
>you can't KNOW anything, man
a strange attempt to link your opponent to the hippy movement when by virtue of being a catholic i can guarantee you i hold more conservative beliefs then you do.
also mate you're narrow minded as fuck
>>
File: 1366803612394.gif (2 MB, 180x160) Image search: [Google]
1366803612394.gif
2 MB, 180x160
>Catholicism

Ayyy why would you do that m8. Should've gone Opus Deian instead. After all, they were the only ones who remainded truthful to the precepts of the church following the second Vatican council of the 1960s.
>>
>>63592733

it's almost like everyone forgot that this is the same board that has fucking debates about child "celebrities" and daily shitposting threads about the opening scene of a movie that is now years old

this is not a fucking debate board, and if you're looking for answers or peer-review research, you're a fucking moron
>>
>>63592703
>>63592718
>>63592789
>religion has existed for thousands of years
>it's /pol/'s fault
>>
>>63592701

But it's not just that they went to heaven, it's that they got special privileges. What about people who are posthumously declared to be saints? Are they automatically upgraded to a better position in heaven when the pope does a ceremony on earth?

>Do you believe the saints are in fact spiritually dead?
Do catholics believe non-saints in heaven are spiritually dead? What does 'spiritually dead' mean in this context?

>Do you believe they are not in communion with God?
In what sense?

From a biblical standpoint there is nothing to suggest that saints act as extra prayer power when you pray to them
>>
>>63592648
Why do you people always ask for an answer which is impossible? You know that God isn't on Earth and can't be detected by conventional means but you still need it to be "proven" for you. God is something you need to experience for yourself not something you can be shown, its metaphysical man. Not sure why Atheists always demand proof that can have a mundane and simplistic scientific explanation for such esoteric things.
>>
>>63592806
To join Opus Deian is to be Catholic, they're part of the Catholic Church.
>>
>>63592835
None of you are Christian because you found the way, you're browsing 4chan, there are "christian" threads on /pol/, case made you insufferable faggot. None of you are Christian, you are just a bunch of edgy contrarians. Stop pretending otherwise.
>>
>>63590465
If you're white, you should be ashamed of consciously joining any Abrahamic religion. They're religions for sandpeople.
>>
>>63592793
>tell me how they made greek fire, anon

by praying hard lel
>>
>>63590608
Baptist here. Catholics carry this stigma that they don't actually apply Christ's teachings to their everyday lives and that they instead treat their faith like a checklist of weekly arbitrary rituals.

I don't know enough about Catholics to agree or disagree with that. I'm just saying that's the impression most Protestants seem to get from Catholics.
>>
>>63592846
I didn't mean to imply that Saints were any more privileged than others in Heaven, or at least that this pertained to the conversation. Jesus did suggest a hierarchy in the Kingdom of god but that's beside the point.

The point is not that Saints are greater than non-saints, but that those in Heaven are more in communion with God than those not in Heaven. If your Grandma was particularly pious you could ask her to pray for you after she has died instead, just as you may have while she were alive.
>>
>>63592846
This is where I get stuck with Catholicism. I can't find any of their core beliefs in the Bible. Same with the Mary business. Why does Mary get such high treatment? She's not a part of the Trinity. Plus she had other children.
>>
>>63592823
While the board can be quite shit, I've had good discussions here aswell. Before the athetists came screaming along, butts ravaged with anal destruction, I had an informative talk about the double slit theory
>>
>>63592859

wow, it's like subjective experiences are totally trustworthy and the first thing we can all agree to is that an alternate, better otherworld reality exists underneath our own
>>
File: 1447042406462.jpg (38 KB, 650x425) Image search: [Google]
1447042406462.jpg
38 KB, 650x425
>atheists shit up a thread with substanceless posts
>call christians stupid
Hilarious. The only people using brain cells ITT are the Christians. The athiest spam might as well be from bots.

Like this: >>63592789
>>63592703

Hivemind, samefagging, or extreme hugboxing? I can't tell.

I'm agnostic btw but this thread got me interested :) Take that atheist threadshitters
>>
>>63592864
But they've arguably a much more strict vision of Catholic dogma than the edgeey bullshit spewed that gets spewed out of the Vatican nowadays. Besides, you can actually join them, for they are a branch of the church and have their own churches and are an independent order of the CC. Is something akin with Lutherans and Protestants.
>>
religion threads are always the best troll threads

of course you all understand there are actually no christians on 4chan right? they're just trolling you idiots, no one is actually that stupid
>>
>>63592888
As I said earlier in this thread, I'm an Irish Catholic. Your internet site had no influence on my spirituality
>>
>>63592334
You can't know everything.
Therefore!
You know it's god.
Thanks bro.
>>
>>63592888
If Hitler trips don't speak the truth I don't know what else does.
>>
>>63592784
>I'm not him, really!!!
Then you wouldn't have replied to me I was specifically posting in response to a single person. Seeing as there was no "Not him, but" and only a single reply I'm not sure what you expected.

Anyway, so your post was simply about shifting goal posts so you don't have to prove anything you say?
>epic argument
>imagined argument
Where are you pulling this from? I ask for proof of claims and suddenly an argument exists?

Still waiting by the way.
>>
>>63592926

in this thread? are you serious? if that's you confusing the double-slit experiment (it's not a theory, senpai) with fucking string theory, then you'd be totally right with looking for answers on /tv/
>>
>>63592921
>If your Grandma was particularly pious you could ask her to pray for you after she has died instead, just as you may have while she were alive.

Show me a biblical passage that says this is a thing you can do
>>
>>63592910
This is why people hate atheists. Address his point, memelord. How did the Greeks make Greek fire?
>>
File: thumbnail_51799.jpg (33 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
thumbnail_51799.jpg
33 KB, 400x300
OH BOY CAN'T WAIT FOR CHURCH FINALLY
>>
>>63592955
I'm a Catholic too but I don't pretend to be Christian like you. You are not Christian, you're as fedora as the atheists you're mocking.
>>
>>63592910
>no answer
>better start shitposting
>>
>>63593004

i'm a bit confused, do you really expect to him to answer how the greeks made greek fire? isn't the thing that nobody knows? or that it's like an early form of napalm? why are you asking him that?
>>
>>63592999
Don't even try to argue against it, those are my second trips in a row you faggot ass potato Nigger wanna be Christian
>>
>>63592941
>they're just trolling
Or being contrarian, or taking the fedora meme seriously, or the "I'll call myself Christian while not actually believing" kind of person, etc.
>>
Look at how OP posts, he's obviously trying to stir up another shitty religion bait thread, why do you fags fall for this shit. And don't we have /his/ nowadays for this type of garbage?
>>
>>63592968
>a tired man makes a mistake in his talk
>jump all over that in an attempt to be 'right on the internet'
and yes i did learn from this thread. the information is right above you if you wish to go check
>>
>>63593046
Follow the quotes back.
>>
File: 1444468651388.png (995 B, 125x125) Image search: [Google]
1444468651388.png
995 B, 125x125
>>63593063
>makes a thread about Christian movies
>atheists can't help talking about how they can't into God
>this is somehow OP's fault
Fuck off.
>>
>>63592859
>it can not be proven

Nice.
So you believe in shit that can not be proven, and has been told that it can be understood only by means which you can not percieve, yet this "truth" is being conveyed to you by the same means that you deem faulty.

great.

This is proof that, if you are religious in any capacity, you are an idiot.
>>
>>63593061
Nobody cares about your trips
>>
Why do christians always resort to pictures of militant atheists here? That's not who we are. Most atheists that I know, including myself, are completely normal people except we don't believe in god. The reason for this is simply that we can't believe in it, not that we don't want to. You read the bible, shit's inconsistent as fuck. There's an all-powerful omnibenevolent god, he still lets evil exist to test you even though as an omniscient being he knows the result before even testing you. You say everything on earth fits and seems to have meaning, you look out the window at night and all you see is chaos in space. I used to be a christian and I still want to be until I realized that the god you're looking at either doesn't exist or isn't one of the beings he claims to be. I'm not saying I know everything, but logic itself dictates it. If god wanted me to believe, he could make it happen. He could even make it happen without interfering with free will. But he doesn't.

All I'm asking you is what makes you believe? Why do you make the assumption that regardless of evidence there is a cosmic being that wants to help you?
>>
>>63592955
>being this edgeeey

Gosh, why're staunch Catholics such fucking fedora tippers? This is why no one likes you, you cunts. Southern-European/French Catholicism is where it is at.
>>
>>63593092
tripfag shut up. god is a metaphysical concept and does not require proof anymore than the concept of human rights. it's a philosophical construct. if you're talking the christian god, then there is history for that. care to show where in history we can find that jesus was proven to not be god? no?

then stop pretending.
>>
>>63592971
It's simple logic, and you've been unable to dispute either the facts or the reasoning by which Catholicism comes to that conclusion, despite me inviting you to a number of times.
The Bible does not either specifically state that I can't rape a woman in purple clothing, and by your bible fetishism, that means its not true.
>>
>>63593111
FUCKING TOLD
>>
>>63593091
This thread has changed my mind about atheists ťbh fám. I thought they were the good guys...
>>
>>63593124
>Why do christians always resort to pictures of militant atheists here?
Either stale b8 or they have no arguments or simply no desire to actually speak seriously with another person.
>>
>>63593165
>if someone argues about what he believes, he is bad

I think you are not thinking
>>
>>63593128
>trolling this obviously
>believes christians would hold such hate toward their brothers
I hope you find peace anon
>>
>>63593124
The Bible is only inconsistent if you pretend it's all one book. Catholics don't believe that. We view it as a library. That's what Bible means. We've always seen it this way and considered the context of its writing. From the very beginning. Origen, one of the Church Fathers, states that Genesis, for instance, is clearly not supposed to be scientific.
>everything is chaos in space
This means nothing.
>logic dictates
Philosophical reasoning can be used to justify God's existence. If you choose not to like those arguments, that's your opinion, but logic "proves" nothing.
>what makes you believe
Have you read the thread? There were very lengthy posts about this. Why don't you read them instead of asking others to retread what is a very personal question.
>>
>>63590465
Thread should be deleted, it's just another cheap shitpost by some /pol/ tard to bait "atheists" under the cloak of being a movie thread.
>>
>>63593200
Turn off your trip and I'll respond
>>
File: 23423.jpg (541 KB, 791x510) Image search: [Google]
23423.jpg
541 KB, 791x510
>>63593111
...what have you done?
>>
>>63593212
>logic proves nothing

here you go, the final straw.
you reject thinking.
>>
>>63593137

The bible says sex should only be between a married man and woman. Rape is outside of that condition, and the color of clothing is irrelevant. Did you really think you had a point?

You don't have a solid argument. Are you trying to suggest that it's okay to make up new rules that have no biblical basis? 'Reasoning' is null and void if there is nothing in the bible to support it. You seem to be making some argument regarding how the bible can't be specific about everything, but there is a significant difference between deriving interpretations based on what's provided and coming up with new stuff entirely
>>
Since we've got a thread with plenty of Christians in it, I'm just going to get this off my chest now.

A big part of the reason I didn't like the trailer for X-Men Apocalypse is because it looks insanely blasphemous. The idea that Ivan Ooze is who the Bible actually refers to when mentioning God is enough to completely drive me away from the movie.

Anyone else feel this way?
>>
>>63593224
so afraid.....

do my trips strangle you?
>>
File: cia from heaven.jpg (2 MB, 2000x2311) Image search: [Google]
cia from heaven.jpg
2 MB, 2000x2311
>>63593165
Now you finally understood why baneposting exist
>>
>>63593242
>Rape is outside of that condition
>>
>>63593221
>Thread should be deleted
This, but so should many others. This board will never recover from its cancer.
>>
>>63593221
Again
>religion exists for thousands of years
>since the dawn of humanity
>some of the brightest minds in human history are religious
>the big bang theory is first forwarded by a catholic priest
>it's /pol/s fault people are religious
>>>/r/atheism
>>
>>63590608
>church jesus himself made
>largest and oldest christian denomination
Aside from the largest part, Orthodoxy beats Kekolics on all these counts

t. Orthodox
>>
>>63593259

http://www.gotquestions.org/Bible-rape.html
Get over yourself
>>
>>63593212
>The Bible is only inconsistent if you pretend it's all one book. Catholics don't believe that. We view it as a library. That's what Bible means. We've always seen it this way and considered the context of its writing. From the very beginning. Origen, one of the Church Fathers, states that Genesis, for instance, is clearly not supposed to be scientific.
Then your library is inconsistent. Why does Genesis have stuff like (I paraphrase) this guy lived for 400 years then the next guy for 325 and then the next guy, with nothing happening in between?
>>
>>63590465

>Lord of the Rings

Tolkien was a devout Christian (he even was responsible for leading C.S. Lewis to Christ) but, he also HATED people seeing LOTR as Christian allegory (also, as good friends as they were, he apparently strongly disagreed with the use of Christian allegories in Lewis' Narnia books. In other words, I think he basically thought Christianity and stories of fantasy/fairy tales should be never combined)

I know a lot of the zealots hated it (and yeah it is a bit sacrilegious in places) and it's pre-2000's but, The Last Temptation of Christ is a must see in the category of movies about Jesus Christ.
>>
>>63590608
>>actually stands by its values and doesnt change to suit modernist faggots

Didn't the catholic church change their rules to allow female priests?
>>
>>63593091

If he was actually interested in talking about Christian movies he wouldn't have brought up conversion and fedora tipping and gone into tirades about why he loves Catholicism. This was an obvious b8 thread m8.
>>
>>63590465
Living in a communistic-lite country had its perks,
first one was education, no fucker that went into that scools could say he didnt learn nothing,
they forced upon you so much knowledge even today I know top 10 most longest rivers, their names, lenght and capitol of the country where they are.
Also, we learned about every religion from historical standpoint(why did this or that religion got foothold in that specific area in time).
Anyways, as Roman Empire weakened under constant usurpations on the throne, Constantine tortured some Christians for fun and he asked dying Christian:"Who is your God now, who has the power?" Christian said:"Power is absolute and all power comes from God."
So, Constantine poked again that Christian with sword, for shitsngiggles(Christians were great torture material, huge bleeders, little noise to disturb the neighbors and shit they told while tortured was just hilarious), he walked up and down and Roman Candle lit above his head:"If all power comes from god and I have all the power, god gave me that power, so if anyone goes against me , goes against god!!!"
Anyways, he told that story to other higher level officials in Roman Empire and Maxentius told him to go home , that he must be drunk.
Constantine got mad and told everyone that they will see their god and he left, next day he told his servants to light a cross in backyard, later on he told his legions that he dreamed about burning cross they need to follow if they want to win all battles. Maxentius saw that Consta lost it so he gathered around 90.000 normal people and told them:" we need to take care of Consta, guy is trippin!" Now, problem is Consta gathered almost 130.000 people, convert them and they all went to war(what people dont talk a loud is Constantine was a really rich fuck and he gave 10 denarii to everyone who wanted to convert, people said :"fuck it , I will probably die tommorow, at least Ill get my cock sucked tonight." so they did. And they won!The End!
>>
>>63590608

It's like you don't even listen to your own pope.
>>
>>63593252
>if someone argues about what he believes, he is bad...
I have no problem talking to an anon. Talking to a tripfag goes against the point of this site
>>
>>63593230
I indicated that nowhere in my post, tripfaggot. I said that logic can be used to argue for God's existence, therefore you're not disproving God by saying "hurr logic exists". You're the one who can't fucking think.

>>63593221
Atheists not being able to handle a thread about Christian movies means the atheists need to have a timeout.

If you rob a store do you blame the storeowner, retard?

Agnostic here btw :)
>>
>>63593294
So why did you say "The bible says sex should only be between a married man and woman. Rape is outside of that condition" if it's wrong?
>get over yourself
Okay.
>>
>>63593242
They have biblical basis.

>you also joining in helping us through your prayers, so that thanks may be given by many persons on our behalf for the favor bestowed on us through the prayers of many.
Christians praying for each other brings favour from God.
>For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
Physically dead Christians are in no way spiritually dead and would be able to communicate with God.

Due to your own bias, you refuse to let the dots be connected, even though you connected the dots to disprove my purple dress proposition in your own post.
>>
>>63593320
No, that never happened.
>>
Sorry OP, you are a pleb. Your religious affiliation shouldn't have any bearing on what you watch. Eisenstein is still a better director than Jackson or Gibson.
>>
>>63593301
Because Genesis, especially in the beginning, is a composite of earlier stories and oral traditions collected for the sake of having them transcribed because they were believed to have theological relevance.
>>
>>63592806
t.b.h. this... I went to Catholic school even though I'm not Catholic, and it just convinced me everything post-Vatican II is pathetically partial-fedora... Either adopt the faith in its full pre-Vatican II glory, or just don't fucking bother and go be a cυckold Pr*testant
>>
>>63593332
>Talking to a tripfag goes against the point of this site
>I have no idea what a trip is supposed to be used for or why it exists: the post
Also this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3OTgTyujtE
>>
>>63593348

There's a huge part missing out of your dot connections
Where does it say we are able to contact people in heaven in the same way we pray to god?
>>
accidentally posted >>63593301 too early
>>63593252
No, seriously, stop trying to get fucking attention with the trip. We're on the same side but that's still dumb shit.
>>63593212
>everything is chaos in space
>This means nothing.
It means that a lot of christians keep on arguing that everything in the world seems to have a purpose, when not only is the world chaotic, but the universe is even more so. Not everything has a purpose.
>logic dictates
>Philosophical reasoning can be used to justify God's existence
Then answer the problem of evil or whatever it's called. How do you solve an all-powerful omnibenevolent god?
>Have you read the thread? There were very lengthy posts about this. Why don't you read them instead of asking others to retread what is a very personal question.
I can't find the red wire, so to speak. Is it faith and spirituality or logic?
>>
>>63593390
Such as?
>>
File: 1445837461372.jpg (30 KB, 496x496) Image search: [Google]
1445837461372.jpg
30 KB, 496x496
why do atheists think they are smart for spewing actual bullshit in an otherwise good thread?

serious question.
>>
>>63593322
What a shitty waste of double-dubs
>>
>>63593332
still afraid...

>>63593343
from your post
>Philosophical reasoning can be used to justify God's existence. If you choose not to like those arguments, that's your opinion, but logic "proves" nothing.

Somehow, philosophical reasoning is different from thinking and forming connections.

The only basis you have for god is FAITH. Faith relies on nothing but you accepting a statement without proof. If I said right now that the earth was flat and then refused to think about it, then I'd be religious.

>>63593411
wut
>>
>>63593422
>otherwise good thread

top kek
>>
>>63593411
if you choose not to believe, just be content with that. there are answers to the problem of evil via a quick google search. saying some things don't have meaning just isn't good philosophy and it's like you don't know what teleology is. are you trying to get me to convince you, or are you trying to trip me up and make me an atheist?

if you are actually soul searching, i would be impressed that you don't know of any answers to something like the problem of evil. there's a wikipedia page on it...
>>
>>63593459
Maybe he meant "good thread relative to most shit on /tv/". He'd still be wrong, but just not as much.
>>
>>63592956
Australia please leave adults are talking
>>
this man speaks the truth
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLqHv0xgOlc
>inb4 hurr durr pol pls go
>inb4 hurr durr conspiracytard
I don't go to /pol/ now and I'm not a natsoc ot nazi or shit.
>>
>>63593458
your post is incoherent. are you telling me that philosophical reasoning isn't valid? what is your evidential basis for this claim?

the rest of your post is a whole lot of telling me what i think even though i didn't mention one thing about faith. sorry, not gonna let you strawman.
>>
File: 2015.jpg (8 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
2015.jpg
8 KB, 300x300
>>
>>63593499
It's still not good because it's not about film or television.
>>
>>63593401
>so in Christ we, though many, form one body, and each member belongs to all the others.
Why would Jesus then cut off the physically dead Christians from physically alive Christians in every way?
>See that you do not despise one of these little ones; for I tell you that in heaven their angels always see the face of my Father who is in heaven"
Am I to believe the angels in heaven can see what happens to living Christians but Christians in heaven cannot?
>>
>>63593531
Yeah, that's what I meant by "he'd still be wrong".
>>
>>63593391
A trip is for a single thread where identifying one person and ensuring they are not memed on is critical. You must be very new if you think it's proper etiquette to use that shit site wide, and you must be a literal cùck to defend a trip over an anon
>>
>>63593418
Changing ancient traditions of the liturgy, dropping Latin as the liturgical language, and massively reforming liturgical music so that (in America at least) it's been reduced to Baptist-tier shittery, all done in the attempt to make Catholicism more "accessible"... Changes to college of bishops and general decentralization of church leadership have opened the floodgates for personal interpretation of scripture/dogma as well as an overall liberalization of church teachings and practices
>>
>>63590806
>genre fiction

lel/kek, would jej again
>>
>>63593422
I don't spew bullshit, so you're going to have to be more specific. I think I'm smarter than average, not because of a phony fedora, but because I'm enlightened by actually just having studied and thought about stuff a lot. I suppose that means nothing on the internet, but whatever.

If you mean "Why are you here making arguments and asking people about their faith?", it's because you were just as arrogant >>63590602 and we're genuinely curious.
>>
>>63593526
no, I do not claim that, I was saying that YOU calim that, based on your assumptions and things
>>
File: 1445772775934.jpg (125 KB, 640x496) Image search: [Google]
1445772775934.jpg
125 KB, 640x496
>>63593521
>being a tripfaggot
>posting youtube videos from /pol/
>can't stop posting about being a hot atheist
Fuck off. What are you even doing? You're losing like three arguments at once ffs.
>>
>>63593571
hahaha except all i said is that philosophical reasoning is valid. that's literally it. please stop. it's embarrassing at this point.
>>
>>63593537
>Why would Jesus then cut off the physically dead Christians from physically alive Christians in every way?
Because they are dead and on another plane of existence? Is that not obvious?
>>
>>63593289
Literally every Christian thread on 4chan always has that one token Orthofag that pops out of the woodwork to go on the defensive... Where do you come from? Aren't there only like 5 of you left?
>>
>>63593531
Read OP's post. He's asking for a type of film only r/atheist couldn't accept that
>>
>>63593619
OP's question is irrelevant. This thread isn't about films.
>>
File: 32456235623.jpg (40 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
32456235623.jpg
40 KB, 1280x720
>>63593619
Apparently it's OP's fault that r/atheism couldn't help shitposting.
>>
>>63593645
Not that guy, but OP literally asked about films

To be fair, he probably knew exactly the type of shitty bait he was starting his post off with, but don't you go and be just as retarded
>>
>>63593572
>not watching the video
your loss

>>63593591
You also claimed that philosophical reasoning is not based on logic.
>>
>>63593601
So in Christ we do not form one body, with each member belongs to all the others?
And do you believe then that God, for some reason, gave the angels the power to see through this barrier but not those ascended to Heaven?

You are jumping through hoops to maintain your current belief/ jingoistic putdown of Catholics.
>>
>>63593661
It's obviously a bait.
>>
>>63593645
Wow it's the King of /tv/! How nice of you to come along and tell us all how only your opinion matters
>>
File: 1449958820448.png (822 KB, 525x809) Image search: [Google]
1449958820448.png
822 KB, 525x809
>>63593561
>a single thread
Not necessarily.
>where identifying one person and ensuring they are not memed on is critical
You're justifying it for a thread like this.
>newfaggot accusation and "proper etiquette" right before kekposting and a fallacy
>>
>>63593670
He also mentioned that he converted to Catholicism and insulted atheists.
>>
>>63593683
No, it's not. And just because you can't stop posting that it is bait, that doesn't make it so. In fact, by refusing to shut the fuck up about it, you're proving the other anon's point: You atheist shitheads can't help yourselves.

Stop posting if you're so triggered
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 53

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.