[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
anyone for an MST3K thread? Jonah has some big jumpsuits to fill.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 6
File: joelmike.jpg (24 KB, 430x285) Image search: [Google]
joelmike.jpg
24 KB, 430x285
anyone for an MST3K thread?

Jonah has some big jumpsuits to fill.
>>
u think they ever tag teamed a girl?
>>
File: CV5LTzAWEAQxbuN.jpg (57 KB, 600x477) Image search: [Google]
CV5LTzAWEAQxbuN.jpg
57 KB, 600x477
If Hamil does actually guest star. It had damn well better be the Star Wars Holiday Special.
>>
Why do they need millions of dollars again? The original series cost fucking nothing and ran on public access. Are they buying the rights to big name movies this time?
>>
felicia day lol fucking dropped
>>
>>63587950
>Are they buying the rights to big name movies this time?
That's part of it yes. Also, inflation. The U.S. dollar isn't as strong as it used to be.
>>
>>63588228
Fuck you commie, the US is stronger than it's ever been.
>>
>>63587950
>The original series cost fucking nothing
This is what, under $500k per episode? Adjust for inflation and cost-of-living and that's close to the original show's budget.
>and ran on public access.
Nope. KTMA was a full-fledged commercial TV station (it's now the Twin Cities' CW affiliate) and it only ran there for one year anyway.
>>
>>63588297
Wrong.
>>
>>63588297
original show had a 35,000 dollar budget

inflation isnt that bad

these shitbag actors they have now probably eat up all that money
>>
>>63588636
85000-100000 depending on season.
>>
File: mst3k_fc_20151211-1-57.221.jpg (178 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
mst3k_fc_20151211-1-57.221.jpg
178 KB, 1280x720
One of the moments I found oddest from the telethon was Joel's conversation with the Game Grumps. It seemed like he had never heard of them before and had no idea what they were about. Not that he should, but I think if your conducting the interview you should have some rudimentary knowledge of your subject.

It just made them seem so out of place from the rest of the
>>
M I T C H E L L
>>
>>63588864
>from the rest of the
rest of th show.
>>
>>63588864
Arin also called Game Grumps the "MST3K of video games", all with Joel asking typical dad questions throughout before the stream died during that segment
>>
>>63588864

Danny looks like a Pedophile and/or a drug dealer.
>>
>>63588636
>>63588297
>>63588228

They are also going after DVD/streaming and download rights for the MST3K versions of the films, which makes the movie rights cost much much higher.

Shout pretty much knows that the money they make off the revival will largely be based off selling the episodes on DVD/streaming and downloads, in terms of actually making a profit off of it. And they know full well, that the biggest headache of the original incarnation was that NO ONE, NO ONE had any foresight to lock down the home video rights to release the episodes, forcing Rhino and Shout to pay big bucks to get the DVD rights for the OG series episodes later down the line.

With the revival, it makes far far far better sense to get that shit locked down right off the bat than wait a year or two and then get gouged and have to release incomplete season sets.
>>
>>63589034
my
my
my
my
MY GOD
>>
>>63588864
Danny looks like a knappy-haired, shrunken-headed freak.
>>
>>63587759
Mike is a good Christian boy, pls no bully
>>
>Joel and fucking Camel Face
>based Mike, Kevin, and Bill have already been back in the business for at least 5 years with Rifftrax anyways

Why should I care again?
>>
File: 200.gif (469 KB, 288x200) Image search: [Google]
200.gif
469 KB, 288x200
>Dan Harmon
>Ernest Cline
allmymoney.mkv
>>63587891
How would they even get the rights for that?

I really want to see it though.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.