[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I want to see blade runner for the first time tonight. Which
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (42 KB, 670x377) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
42 KB, 670x377
I want to see blade runner for the first time tonight. Which version is the definitive version to watch?
>>
Are there literal entirely different versions of this movie or is just one or two crucial scenes input or cut out to make the movie's resolution different?
>>
The version that says Final Cut, you dumb fucking cum spillage.
>>
>>63587627
there's some voice over narration and other shit. just read the wikipedia page on it.
>>
Watch the original
>>
The narration was supposedly added after the film was already finished as a last minute effort. It didn't need the voiceover and it's supposedly much better without it. I watch the bluray release and I've listened to the commentary, that's how I know this. Final cut is probably safe, that or directors cut, but I'm not sure if those are different in any way or if there even is a director's cut.
>>
File: 1333516855591.gif (495 KB, 500x223) Image search: [Google]
1333516855591.gif
495 KB, 500x223
>>63587412
>>
>>63587412
Are you talking about versions of his gun?
>>
>>63587627
International Cut is bloodier than the Domestic Cut.

Ridley Scott's Director's Cut doesn't have the voiceover that used to be in the movie and has a fucking unicorn in it.

The studios made Scott put in a "happy ending"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAl07rl2jew

Most cuts take that clip out and end the movie when the doors close.

Final Cut is best because it has an even longer Unicorn Dream than any other version, plus no voiceovers, plus all the violence, plus no happy ending. It's what Ridley wanted.
>>
>>63587412
Final Cut imo. Director's cut wasn't actually Ridley. The International (Criterion laser disc cut) is good too and the workprint is a good watch if you enjoy the film.
>>
The Director's Cut that came out in 1992 is the best.
>>
i prefer the final cut. it was cool to see it in the big screen in 07 as well.
>>
Director's Cut is best cut. Final cut is acceptable. Theatrical is the worst.
>>
>>63587412
final cut
>>
For a first viewing watch the original theatrical cut, see it like the very few who saw it in the original run, it made 6 million opening weekend.

I saw in 70mm on opening night in San Francisco at the Coronet theatre out on Geary Blvd, June 25, 1982.
8pm show and the place was nearly deserted, the Coronet was a single screen old style place with a balcony.
It was a really foggy night, I was 18 and just two weeks from going into boot camp, this was the last movie I saw with my girlfriend before I left.

I was awesome, I had been reading about it in Starlog for a couple of months.

See it we saw it that night, I prefer the the Directors Cut, but for nostalgia I still like seeing it the way I first remember it.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.