[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does the academy refuse to award him?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 2
Why does the academy refuse to award him?
>>
They're just butthurt haters.
>>
>>63586790
He sells himself well and they need to give awards to shitty actors to sell shitty movies with those actors
>>
>>63586790
>Eleven golden globe nominations
>Four oscar nominations
They not only refuse to award him, they refuse to nominated him.
>>
>>63586790
hes not that good
so he should probably have a least a couple statues by now
dunno
>>
>>63586790
great actor, shitty voice. seriously, he has the voice of a 20 year old. and The Revenant is going to be awkward as fuck because of it.
>>
Because the academy has no taste. Why has chris nolan never been nominated either
>>
>>63586790
As long as the no academy award meme is alive it helps his movies out.
>>
>>63586790
Because he plays characters that lack depth, are 2D, and don't have a large range of emotions.
>>
>>63586815

This
>>
Google: Leonardo DiCaprio+Alberta+Climate change.

Enjoy the chuckle.
>>
>>63586790

The judges are too old to understand the "Leo is a good actor" meme.
>>
>>63586790

Because they don't try to give the award to the 2nd or 3rd best performance of the year.
>>
>>63586790

Why doesn't the horse ever get the carrot?
>>
>>63587972
>that lack depth
>are 2D
You get that those are, both physically and figuratively, the same thing, right? No, clearly you don't, you just regurgitate a random combination of phrases you've heard other people use when critiquing stuff and hope that it's somewhat coherent. I mean fuck, Leo IS a shit actor, but at least he's not a pseudo-reviewer on /tv/ who is completely incapable of independent thought.
>>
>>63586790
plays the same little shit as when he did in the facts of life.
>>
not jewish.
>>
>>63587928
That's so reddit
>>
>>63586790

he is a mediocre (over)actor who is often the most boring part in decent movies. he was good in django but I cant think of much else
>>
cause he's not jewish

he would have won ten oscars now if his last was eisenberg
>>
>>63586790
When the Oscars create a category for "Best Screaming in a Motion Picture", Leo will finally win
>>
Which performances actually deserved an Oscar?

My vote is for his role in Shutter Island.
>>
>>63586848
>>63587972
>>63588421
>>63590388
>>63590485
When will this "Leo is a bad actor" meme end?
>>
It's because he's a fucking WOP dago calzone eating spic
>>
>>63591923

Wolf of Wall Street was honestly one that I thought he would get but he had some stiff competition in the dindu from 12 years and Matthew Mcconaughey
>>
>>63586790
they're waiting for Don's Plum
>>
Yeah it must be because he's not a Jew

Eddie Redmayne - GOY
Matthew McConaughey - GOY
Daniel Day Lewis - JEW
Jean DuJardin - GOY
Colin Firth - GOY
Jeff Bridges - GOY
Sean Penn - JEW
Forest Whitaker - GOY
Phililip HOffman - GOY
Jamie Foxx - GOY
Sean Penn - JEW
Adrien Brody - JEW
Denzel Washington - GOY
Russell Crowe - GOY

etc etc etc
>>
File: 08-leonardo-dicaprio.w1200.h630.jpg (205 KB, 1200x630) Image search: [Google]
08-leonardo-dicaprio.w1200.h630.jpg
205 KB, 1200x630
>"I'M GOING TO YELL A LOT WITH AN ACCENT AND WIN OSCARS"
>>
>>63594022
jidf pls go
>>
>>63594022
Look at those great actors and the great performances they gave for the award. What the fuck has Leo done to make it so obvious and outrages that he didn't win one.

Blood Diamond - mediocre role in a mediocre movie
Aviator - meh whatever, it was also like one of his first serious role, it's normal to not get it from your first try
Wolf - cool and entertaining but histrionic
Gilbert Rape - 20 years ago ayy lmao you cannot be serious are you?

Also there were a lot of other actor with fantastic performances that deserved to win and didn't.
>>
>>63594912
What about Titanic? Gilbert Grape was a supporting role
>>
>>63594912
>Gilbert Rape
tfw you don't get to see johnny deep leo dicrap in retarded moment
>>
>>63594022
Matthew Mcconaughey consider a jew too?
>>
>>63594949
>Titanic

lol no. I can't say I can't imagine him having won for it, but to say he DESERVED it, and to riot and start all this memery for a movie like that is beyond retarded.
>>
>>63594912
I really thought Django was his year for supporting, was shocked they gave it to the german guy.
>>
>>63586790
they love the "leo got no oscar xD" meme
>>
>>63595370
Holy shit, forgot about Django. Yeah, that was probably his best role.
>>
It's probably an inside-joke. The longer they go without giving him one, the funnier it gets to them.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.