[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw you watch Commando in HD quality and realize that Bennett's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3
File: commando-bennett.png (424 KB, 915x513) Image search: [Google]
commando-bennett.png
424 KB, 915x513
>tfw you watch Commando in HD quality and realize that Bennett's chainmail shirt isn't chainmail at all, it's some kind of mesh.

And I spent so many years thinking he was wearing chainmail.
>>
>>63583604
>tfw Bennet's chainmail is the thing that's lasted with me the longest throughout the years

Who the fuck saw that outfit and said it was okay?
>>
It's clearly chainmail within the universe of the film, though. It's been a little bit since I've seen Commando but there's a slight jingling sound effect when he moves around.
>>
I actually thought Bennett was intimidating as fuck when I was a kid. For some reason, I didn't think he was that flabby looking. He was a big guy but not quite as cut as Arnold.

I guess it turns out that acting crazy as fuck goes a long way. It's still comical that the movie expects us to believe he's Arnie's only equal match when it looks like he's spent his days out of the Special Forces pounding back beers on the couch.
>>
>>63583651
Bennet did.

JAWN!! IM GONNAH KILL YA JAWN!
>>
Why the fuck did Bennett power up after getting electrocuted?

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SwpFl0CwiFQ
>>
I too interpreted his getup as chainmail
>>
It looks like a vest his grandma knit with yarn.
>>
Bennett was Strayas attempt to emulate Schwarzanegga.
>>
>>63583651
It might be stretching it but think it's pretty iconic in a way. If he was wearing a leather jacket or something generic like that he'd be less memorable.
>>
*steel drums intensifies*
>>
>>63583604
i really didn't need to learn about this...
>>
>>63584163
This was really james horners best score, RIP
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0abSxfZoc6o
>>
>>63584182
It's practically the same score as 48 Hours.
>>
DELETE THIS
>>
>>63583651
The 80s.
>>
>>63583604
Holy shit, it was so much better when it was chainmail. Chainmail was a patrician design choice regardless of what losers like >>63583651 think.
>>
>>63584209
damn
u right bro
he just replaced the steel drums with saxophones for the melody
>>
string vests were an actual thing.i can remember my grandpa wearing them.

it's cool that he wore his over his shirt.

the start of commando always reminds me of the start of the earlier film firefox, with eastwood. both awesome flicks.
>>
>>63583604
This guy was also the motorcycle red - Mohawk man from the road warrior.
>>
File: Let'sParty.jpg (169 KB, 800x548) Image search: [Google]
Let'sParty.jpg
169 KB, 800x548
>C'mon, Bennett! Let's pahty!
>>
HD confirmed for ruining everything.
>>
>>63584472
and the biker gang leader in weird science
>>
File: patrick-kelly.png (963 KB, 1280x693) Image search: [Google]
patrick-kelly.png
963 KB, 1280x693
you fucken whore
>>
>>63583604
>Bennett's chainmail shirt isn't chainmail at all, it's some kind of mesh.

Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha it's wool dumbass
>>
>>63583604
Ruined.
>>
>>63583755
That makes it scarier. He doesn't even need to stay fit to be one of the toughest motherfuckers in the world. Imagine how badass he would have been at his peak. Better than arnold probably.
>>
Don't disturb my friend, he's dead tired.
>>
I don't understand why it's mostly implied that they will kill his daughter even if he does the job they want him to do. I mean, wouldn't it be easier to just keep his daughter alive?

If he comes back to a dead daughter then they have to fucking deal with him.
>>
>>63583755

If you aren't in the military and have never hung out around guys in Group I could see why you would believe this but many of them are pretty flabby looking. Being cut like Arnold has no benefits down range, it's better to have some fat to burn.

I've never seen a guy in Group that actually looks like Arnold.
>>
>>63583604
Is Bennett literally the gayest villain ever?
>>
>>63587410
The main henchman from The Last Boyscout seemed pretty gay but he wasn't stereotypically camp leather looking as Bennett.
>>
>>63583604
I think it is supposed to be chainmail. Aren't there sound effect on the soundtrackof chainmail moving when he is in the scene?
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.