[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I saw "it"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 7
File: the-force-awakens.jpg (70 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
the-force-awakens.jpg
70 KB, 640x480
It's going to disappoint. It's not Phantom Menace bad, but only slightly above it. Sorry for the bad news. Leave your expectations at the door. There is a reason it's not screening for critics and it's a sad one, unfortunately.
>>
>>63582662
sure ya did bud, sure ya did
>>
It would have been good with a male lead and if Finn was white
>>
>>63582703
This
>>
>>63582662
>it's not screening for critics

That's a fucking lie. They're seeing it tuesday, reviews coming wednesday

You haven't seen it, fuck off
>>
File: 1.jpg (33 KB, 635x350) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
33 KB, 635x350
>>63582662
Uh-huh.
>>
>>63582741
nope
>>
>>63582703
The script would have still been shit
>>
Even if it's good, /tv/ fags will still say it's bad to make themselves seem smart.
>>
After reading the shooting script I lost what little interest I still had at that point

It's just a safe, middle of the road movie. I kind of knew from the start that's what they would do but I was still hopeful.
>>
>>63582662
Nice copy pasta OP
>>
>>63583131
Its going to be worse than you can even imagine.
>>
R*dditors are still going to ignore it and call critics shills or shit. It's likely to break records.
>>
>>63583191
>read le shooting script
>my dad works at Nintendo
>>
>>63582662
Phantom Menace is based you steaming pile of shit.

Now fuck off
>>
>>63582662
>OP says he sees it
>OP says it's bad
>OP is on an anonymous board but won't give spoilers to prove it
>OP is a liar
>>
>>63582741
This anon is correct
>>
File: 1442528145169.jpg (714 KB, 900x762) Image search: [Google]
1442528145169.jpg
714 KB, 900x762
>>63582703
>>
File: adopted.jpg (135 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
adopted.jpg
135 KB, 1280x720
It's going to be a fun sci-fi movie, people will suck its dick for like a month, and then they'll forget it because movies have become assembly line type products
>>
>>63582662
>It's going to disappoint.
Was anybody on /tv/ expecting it to be as good as the original trilogy?
>>
>>63583247
>same site that leaked the last two movies with complete accuracy

Look I know you can't accept this movie won't be lighting the world on fire but it's time to move on. I have a shelf full of Star Wars shit and a replica lightsaber, but I know what this will be. Let it go.
>>
>>63583191
>safe, middle of the road

Good. I need a break from the Jessica Joneses and Hateful Eights of the screen.

A silly sci-fi action movie is all Star Wars should be.
>>
I liked the first half of It. Second half was pretty shit, especially the sewer parts.
>>
>>63583206
You just proved his point. Also what u said is not even directly relating to what he said. Fuck off back to /v/eddit.
>I like X gaming company and am excited for their new game
>X game is gunna be shit! This other game is better!!!
>>
>>63583313
>spectre script leaks
>everyone talking about it, major media coverage

>star wars script "leaks"
>not a peep

Yeah no you're just a faggot
>>
>>63583295
the original trilogy didn't hold up that well as one ages. Something like a Nolan Batman trilogy is far better.
>>
>>63583247
It leaked online you dumb nigger.
>>
It's gonna be great.
>>
>>63583313
Theres point
People like him are only fans of this shit to be seen liking it more than anything
>>
>>63583403
He's just in denial anon, there's nothing we can do about it but let him touch the hot stove and hope he learns
>>
>>63583411
It's gonna be great
>>
>>63582703
No

It would have been good if the entire production run by Shillney
>>
>>63583443
Tell me what happens then oh wise one
>>
>>63583324
I'm not saying it has to be 2001 but just something above "it's ANH but in 2015" would've been nice.
>>
>>63583443
You're right.

>>63583478
I haven't read it, I'm avoiding spoilers, but the site that leaked it is reputable and brought forward accurate info from the last two films.
>>
It's over.
>>
>>63583478
http://millenniumfalcon.com

Entire thing is right there, things like "sword" and "candy" are codewords, used in case of a leak
>>
>>63583324
GOTG was Star Wars spiritual sequel but with a shitty villain.
>>
>My dad works for nintendo
sure kid.
>>
>>63583498
I've grown out of unrealistic expectations a long time ago, anon. 2015 ANH was my standard. This year is all about pushing some bullshit agenda, and if TFA doesn't do this, then I'm satisfied.
>>
>>63583638
I'm more excited for Rogue One, I think I've had my fill of the Skywalker/Solo families. Jedi in general really.
>>
>>63583614
>GotG villain was shitty

He was good for the movie they were making. Having a generic evil overlord bewildered by the antics of Meme lord was great
>>
>>63583678
>Mads
>Mendelsohn
>Hot chick from The Theory of Everything

Yeah. Can't wait.
>>
>it's not screening for critics
Has this ever been done for a legitimately good movie/game or is it pretty much always a sign of something being bad
>>
>>63583699
I dunno I'm just more willing to give RO a shot than I am Episode VII
>>
>>63583747
Nope. It's usually a studio not having faith in their product and wanting to sell as much tickets/pre-orders etc before the flood gates open. I would absolutely kek if the movie is genuine shit. I'll host a le ama on here when I get back from the premiere, and since I'm in NZ, I see it before anyone else technically
>>
>>63583747
It IS screening for critics for the last fucking time. Embargo ends 1201 am pst on wednesday
>>
>>63583622
sure anon
just like breaking bad
just like oblivion (tom cruise movie)
just like multiple game of thrones
just like dr shit
just like walker dead. we use to get it first every year until r*dditors reported our guy
just like a couple of capeshit
just like half of interstellar
>>
>>63583747
It considered not screening for critics for the given reason of keeping spoiler leaks to a minimum.

Then it decided to lift the embargo and is screening it two days before release.

All of this is specifically to build up hype. Considering the sheer scale of this movie, they're not worried about whether it'll be bad or good. People will see this and its sequels no matter what, even if it's dismal.
>>
>>63584015
>People will see this and its sequels no matter what, even if it's dismal.
Thats what they said about the prequels, but that didn't happen. Remember jar-jar or were you too young?
>>
>>63584044
Attack of the clones is the only one that can be considered a financial disappointment and it still made a big profit. Rots only grossed like 100 million less than Phantom.

Remember both empire and Jedi grossed less than the first movie. The first installment usually grosses the most because it's a cultural phenomenon. Sequels out grossing their predecessor is a fairly recent trend
>>
>>63584148
I remember being in the theater for the sequels and it was full of people younger than me, and i was like 13-15 at the time. Anyone can sell to kids and moms, it takes literally no talent to do
>>
>>63584044
They all made shitloads of money anyway.
You'd be a fucking idiot to think even the least successful of the prequels flopped.
>>
>>63584232
They flopped in the eyes and minds of people who have seen more than 10 movies in their life
>>
>>63584259
The prequels sucked, but people still saw them, which was the original point being argued, faggle

Force Awakens would have to be the Room levels of bad for it to stop people from seeing the sequels
>>
>>63584259
Boo fucking hoo. Money is what matters and money is what the new trilogy is going to make. The prequels proved that you don't even have to make a good SW movie to roll in it.
>>
>>63583638
It already is pushing an agenda.

Bix nood nip nop clop nip mufugga
>>
>>63584355
>casting a nigger equals agenda shilling

Until he shoves his dick in Rey for the pride of his illustrious race, I won't be convinced.
They're not even gonna be romantically involved.
>>
>>63582662
I'd love to be proven wrong and get a classic Star Wars film. But is there a shred of evidence to suggest it will be a classic?

The trailer? There were some neat shots, but lots of shitty films had exciting trailers. Phantom Menace immediately springs to mind.

The writers? JJ has never written a truly great script. I'd argue the closest he came was the breddy gud script for "Regarding Henry", but that was flukey and happened decades ago.

Kasdan wrote two classic films, Empire and Raiders, but he's been in deep freeze (or a Big Chill, as it were) for decades. The last project he worked on was a Diane Keaton weepy flop called "Darling Companion".

The director? Again, JJ has done nothing new, inventive, or enduring in his career. His films have a fun pace and lots of kinetic energy, but they're merely above average for an action director. He doesn't seem to have the genius eye of Spielberg or the imagination of young Lucas.

All in all, you're basing your prediction on nothing more than hope. Which is okay I guess, because I'm hoping too... But I don't expect anything other than a nostalgic, fast-paced romp through the Star Wars universe.

If you're hoping for the magic discovery of A New Hope or the spiritual depth of Empire, I'm afraid you're likely to be disappointed.

Just go in hoping for fun, which is what I'm hoping we get after the dreary death march that was the prequel era.
>>
>>63584378
He doesn't bang her and he's not a force user and he gets his shit fucked up by Kylo Ren.

He's literally the clumsy JarJar of the movie.
>>
>>63584259
This is one of the most retarded things I've read. Don't you feel like starting a flicks vs films thread or something?
>>
>>63584455
Double dubs are good enough for me.
>>
>>63584322
>The prequels sucked, but people still saw them, which was the original point being argued, faggle
People saw them, and told other people how bad it sucked. Star Wars declined in popularity so much. This "Awakening" won't save it since its still going to be in the same vein as the Prequels ie shit.
>>
It will be everything you expect from a hollywood blockbuster, and that's the sad thing about it.
>>
>>63584559
>Star Wars declined in popularity so much.

>Phantom Menace: $115 million budget, $924.3 million gross
>Attack of the Clones: $115 million budget, $648 million gross
>Revenge of the Sith: $113 million budget, $848 million gross

the only substantial drop-off was from Phantom to Attack, and none of the films flopped by any stretch of the imagination. Like I said, the first film in a franchise usually grosses the most. Sequels outgrossing its predecessor didn't happen often until very recently
>>
>>63584684
>Sequels outgrossing its predecessor didn't happen often until very recently
By the way, how much of that is because of 3D's higher price?
>>
>>63584684
This. Also ruins the "word of mouth" point. The majority simply didn't give a shit and kept watching them anyway.
>>
>>63584684
thats small change and please lets stop talking about dollaz and cents. The dollar isn't worth anything anymore, man. Just today I read that they gave some baseball player a $180mil contrac and he's not even a household name.
>>
>>63584964

>let's stop talking about the thing that obliterates my point
>>
>>63582662
lmao /tv/ is so intent on killing the hype for this movie
>>
>>63584998
>non sequitor
>>
>>63584964
>>63585030

dude, you're a fucking idiot
>>
>>63585030
>doesn't know what a non sequitur is
>doesn't even know how to spell it
>even with the existence of spell check
>>
>>63582662
"it" means his penis
>>
File: 1380697092809.jpg (42 KB, 479x720) Image search: [Google]
1380697092809.jpg
42 KB, 479x720
>>63585151
le grammar nazi meme
>>
>>63585238

>being BTFO this hard

Anon, you were wrong. That's nothing to be ashamed of. Your argument got fucked and the sequel trilogy's gonna be a massive success no matter how bad it is. The least you could do is act like an adult about it and move on.
>>
>>63585001
lmao are you gonna make another thread about it
lmao fucking popnerd
>>
>>63585330
>success == financial success

okey dokey. We all know that since they spent hundreds of millions on advertising that it can;t possibly fail monetarily. Nobody's arguing against that. Are you this DENSE?
>>
>>63585383
Stop.
Success does equal financial success. Die hard fans didn't just pay more for their tickets. More people literally went to see Episode 3. Many of those same people skipped Episode 2 because Episode 1 was so awful. And, for whatever reason, they still went to see Episode 3.
>>
>>63583403
you mean this shit?
http://makingstarwars.net/2015/05/a-compiled-synopsis-of-star-wars-the-force-awakens/
>>
>>63582703
>you're fucked
The cantina scene clearly shows all kinds of different species together to get fucked up. White guys are boring. We're all white guys huh senpai... Here we are on a Saturday night.
>>
File: trollexploitable2.png (75 KB, 686x1214) Image search: [Google]
trollexploitable2.png
75 KB, 686x1214
I liked Phantom Menace.
>>
Why does everyone keep meming that critics aren't going to see it? My boss Paul is seeing it Tuesday with a fellow student of mine. The review embargo ends 12:01AM on Wednesday.
>>
File: y u do dis.png (180 KB, 1900x757) Image search: [Google]
y u do dis.png
180 KB, 1900x757
>>63582662
Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.