[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is American Dad the best animated show of the past 10 years?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: american dad.jpg (374 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
american dad.jpg
374 KB, 1600x1200
Is American Dad the best animated show of the past 10 years?
>>
lol no
>>
Past ten years I'd say either Life and Times of Tim or Rick and Morty
>>
I saw it once on an Emergency Room TV. It was torture.
>>
It's a really solid show. Haven't watched the last two seasons though. Solid characters, except for the fish. He has his moments though.
>>
>>63582621
Is it anything like the "lol look at the pop reference" of his other works?
>>
No.
>>
>>63582784
>life and times of reddit or reddit and morty
Lmao you fit right in kid
>>
File: images (1).jpg (3 KB, 229x220) Image search: [Google]
images (1).jpg
3 KB, 229x220
https://youtu.be/xGQa-SiIHIo?list=PLAF1EDD7721B670C2

no this is
>>
>>63582621
>gravity falls
>boondocks
>bob's burgers

No.
>>
>>63582826
no. many FG haters think AD is much, much better.

it's not a million miles away from Family Guy, but if you watch it enough, you'll notice it has a very distinct sensibility.

also, as the show went on, it became less and less topical. the writers realized that the episodes would take several years before they ever aired, so they made the show less about politics and more lighthearted and timeless. it's pretty awesome.
>>
>>63582799
TBS seasons are pretty fucking bad, i feel like they just don't have the budget, storylines are weird, episodes don't have the same structure and usually focus on 2 characters, with the rest of the family only in cameos

>>63582826
No, it's completely character-based humor, much different from FG. The thing is - MacFarlane doesn't have anything to do with this show outside of voices, he's just a producer that made it happen.
>>
>>63582921

Damn. Which season did the TBS episodes start?
>>
>>63582974
The most recent season
>>
Bob's Burgers is better though I do like American Dad. It's a very solid show that I think most people might not give a chance due to Seth's involvement
>>
>>63582621
It's the best subversive animated sitcom.

There's more creative stuff but American Dad really is something special on its own. Eays to misjudge as more Seth Macfarlane tripe but it just uses his dipshit cartoon style.

During its entire run it's been to every concurrent season of The Simpsons
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.