[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: times when shows jumped the shark
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 13
File: Fonz-jumps-the-shark.jpg (49 KB, 411x367) Image search: [Google]
Fonz-jumps-the-shark.jpg
49 KB, 411x367
ITT: times when shows jumped the shark
>>
>>63580962
hey wait is the fonz Barry Zuckerkorn from arrested development?

oh shit he is

wow
>>
File: WW 3x08 (07).webm (3 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
WW 3x08 (07).webm
3 MB, 640x360
>>
>>63580962
No you're thinking of Batman
>>
>>63581022
Top kek
>>
The Simpsons season 9 episode 2
>>
>>63581009
No, Barry is The Fonz
>>
File: Jefferson.jpg (39 KB, 477x384) Image search: [Google]
Jefferson.jpg
39 KB, 477x384
There are two types of people on this earth

People who hated Jefferson or liked Jefferson
>>
File: ad.gif (2 MB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
ad.gif
2 MB, 480x270
>>
Game of Thrones

when the dwarf banged his head and missed the epic battle (and so did we, saving HBO $10 million dollars)
>>
File: image.jpg (27 KB, 350x280) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
27 KB, 350x280
she had literally zero funny moments
>>
File: tumblr_nhfaaySGze1sqf5tdo2_1280.jpg (358 KB, 1127x792) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nhfaaySGze1sqf5tdo2_1280.jpg
358 KB, 1127x792
>>63581022
pottery
>>
>>63581065
more like season 7 ep 11
>>
>>63581153
>that battle was really fucking awesome in the books
>Tyrion fucking spears a horse with his spiked helmet, kills several people with a battleaxe, and even takes a captive
>all the while holding the vanguard, even though he was essentially sent on a suicide mission without him knowing.
>instead we got a comical scene in which he clumsily falls off his horse or some equally retarded shit.

They needed to put all that money into the Dany scenes, you don't understand! She's so important and the actress deserves your praise!
>>
>>63581174
How was marge be not proud jumping the shark? It's considered one of the best episodes by many and has at least two seasons of solid Simpsons following it.
>>
>>63581120
"Welp, I'm off to Burger King"
>>
>>63581022
>pushing mongo
non-skater confirmed
>>
>>63581212
she's literally reddit: the character. Her story isn't relevant or important and frankly familia, is quite boring (not to mention is rustle my jimmys because all she wants is muh justice and muh free peeple). She's the product of good old george pedophilic wet dreams.
>>
>>63581276

>It' a wonderful restaurant!
>>
>>63581243
“Marge Be Not Proud” was, in the parlance of crappy television, a “Very Special Episode”. Like so many very special episodes, this one involved a small family crisis brought on by a childish moral breach. Channeling countless television kids who came before him, Bart steals something. That sets in motion a series of television tropes and cliches that play out so predictably that they wouldn’t have been out of place in the 1950s: Bart steals, Bart gets caught, Bart feels bad, Marge finds out, Marge distrusts Bart, Bart feels worse, Bart makes good, they hug, the end.

The episode is made all the more jarring by having Bart be the one who sinks into guilt and self pity. Bart was America’s bad boy, the underachiever who was proud of it. Here he acts like every sitcom kid since television began, haunted by something he did and crushed that his mother is disappointed in him. The Simpsons had never before handled emotions that clumsily.

In the first season, Marge rescued Lisa from bad motherly advice (“Moaning Lisa”); in the second season, Marge accused Bart of ruining Thanksgiving (“Bart vs. Thanksgiving”); in the third season, Homer sulked and didn’t want to go to Bart’s soapbox derby race (“Saturdays of Thunder”); in the fourth season, Marge felt ignored by Homer during her play (“A Streetcar Named Marge”); in the fifth season, Marge threw Homer out (“Secrets of a Successful Marriage”); and in the sixth season, Lisa’s wedding (“Lisa’s Wedding” . . . duh) collapsed because of her love of Homer. Genuine emotional moments were often handled within the framework of the show and The Simpsons knew how to play them with a light touch; using them to swiftly advance the story and then getting them out of the way. But in “Marge Be Not Proud” the emotional moments don’t just linger, they repeatedly grind the story to a halt so that the audience can be assaulted by the obvious time and again.
>>
>>63581409
That tendency has grown considerably worse over time, so compared to episodes in the later seasons, “Marge Be Not Proud” is subtle, witty and well constructed. But while it’s got enough great jokes that it would be the standout of just about anything past Season 10, in Season 7 it sticks out like a sore thumb. It was produced right after “Mother Simpson”, which had ample opportunities to delve into schlock and didn’t, and it preceded “Bart the Fink”, “A Fish Called Selma” and “Summer of 4 Ft. 2”, all of which could’ve easily been weighed down by their heavier moments but weren’t.

In Season 7, it is only “Marge Be Not Proud” that uses a shop worn, moralistic plot and unfolds it at such an agonizingly glacial pace. It is a very special episode, the first one the show ever did, and the harbinger of Zombie Simpsons.
>>
>>63581371
It really is.
>>
>>63581022
Still the best Wonder Woman
>>
File: image.jpg (52 KB, 720x405) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
52 KB, 720x405
Michael Scott is the glue that kept The Office together. After he left there was no reason to watch the show. As bad as it got before, it got worse after.
>>
>>63581678

the show turned into a fucking cartoon
>>
>>63580962
>happy days
>le "cool" main character with his catchphrases XD
>laugh track
Shows like that "jumped the shark" the first episode.
>>
>>63580962
stannis burning daughter.gif
>>
>>63581678
I honestly don't even know why the fuck they tried to keep going after he left. Like, really? Fuck off.
>>
File: totallrickallbanner-790x445.png (718 KB, 790x445) Image search: [Google]
totallrickallbanner-790x445.png
718 KB, 790x445
The exact moment when Jerry kisses a dude on a boat.
>>
>>63581678
Tbqh fæm the show waa never good to begin with
>>
>>63581329
I wonder what it's like to stand next to GRRM in an elevator. I like to imagine that in-between his labored, raspy gasps, he mumbles incoherently about how hard Dany is going to get fucked when he gets home.
>>
>>63580962
Albert Ingalls - Little House, season 5. Blind School fire season 6; the orangoutang episode; season 9
>>
>>63581659
I wasn't downhill after that tobehonest... it's just the silliest moment of the entire series
>>
File: 40029716.jpg (34 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
40029716.jpg
34 KB, 600x400
Assignment Earth; Trek; End of S2.
>>
>>63581761
Jerry's pathetic desperation knows no bounds. That was great.
>>
File: 23489[1].jpg (68 KB, 950x627) Image search: [Google]
23489[1].jpg
68 KB, 950x627
>we'll build this up that we're killing a character but don't worry because we have a time machine, remember?

It's too bad because the new dog they got to replace him was starting to grow on me.

>You guys let a nigger serve your drinks?
>>
>>63581761
but that was really funny

aren't you PC bro?
>>
File: image.jpg (97 KB, 500x330) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
97 KB, 500x330
To this day I still cringe at this forced arc. The lead up to Whitecaps paid off but goddamn it was so forced between the actors.
>>
>>63581009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWENaZN7bMM
>>
>>63582028
people don't watch family guy for plot development. they use it for occasionally funny background noise when they get drunk.
>>
>>63582028
I never believed for a fucking second that they were actually gonna kill him off for good
>>
>>63581022

>American continuity at its finest

fucking keke
>>
File: southparkcloset[1].jpg (29 KB, 280x238) Image search: [Google]
southparkcloset[1].jpg
29 KB, 280x238
>>
>>63582186
That episode was shit
>>
When Quinn knew that Dexter was actually a serial killer but decided to ignore that because Dexter cleared him from murder charges.
>>
When they did that time travel bullshit in lost
>>
>>63581746
Like when JD left Scrubs and they tried one more season.
>>
>>63581409
>that one time when the autist is actually right
>>
>>63582186
>DUDE LE CAN'T BRUISE THE CRUISE LMAO xD
>do i fit in yet guise?
Into the >>>/trash/ you go
>>
>>63581678
S4E1 senpai. Show should have ended the moment Jim asked Pam out. You got the happiest fucking ending and you knew they'd work out. You knew Michael would continue to provide keks at work and Dwight would be Dwight.

Too many pointless episodes on the romance and getting away from what made it the best. But then we'd miss out on the intro where Kevin smashes the chair into the vending machine when Dwight starts a fire, Scott's Tots and "that's what she said" in the finale.
>>
>>63583051
I gotta admit I loved him in that finale. And that's all I have to say about that. Nothing else really.
>>
>>63581409
>>63581435
Your a fag.
>>
>>63581102
I'd have to say it was when Peg was pregnant. From then on, the show wasn't the same.
>>
>>63581952
I don't know if blatant stealth pilots should be considered, otherwise Married with Children jumped the shark with the Top of the Heap pilot.
>>
>>63582696
>not liking Tom Cruise
You're either 12 or 40
>>
>>63581065
>>63581174

Season 7, Episode 1 is the Patricians choice for jumping the shark. Season 6 was incredible, and the cliffhanger was really well done and set up a lot of interesting scenarios. The ending result on the season premier was disappointing to say the last all around. Huge letdown to the setups. That and then season 7 itself was a big step down from the golden years of 4-6, and it never got better from then on.
>>
Homer meets Baldwin and Bassinger.
>>
>>63582186
It's funny because it was /pol that said that episode was lulz! and original.
>>
>>63581409
>>63581435
Fascinating perspective. I've always felt like something about that episode stank but I couldn't say what exactly.

I loved all the 'video game cameos' when I was a kid though
>>
File: got-s4e6-ramsay-snow.png (224 KB, 772x424) Image search: [Google]
got-s4e6-ramsay-snow.png
224 KB, 772x424
This was the last straw
I dropped the show right then and there and haven't watch an episode ever since
>>
>>63585878
But you'll miss all the memes
Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.