[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>2 more days until the embargo is lifted Rotten Tomatoes
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5
File: Capture.jpg (67 KB, 743x439) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
67 KB, 743x439
>2 more days until the embargo is lifted

Rotten Tomatoes prediction thread, sponsored by Duracell

http://strawpoll.me/6250165
>>
it's going to be 100-95 because rt is retarded, and the manchild critics are going to love the nostalgia pandering.
>>
82-85

JJ is going to keep everything safe by rehashing everything from the original
>>
>>63580591
Yep. Will be another couple weeks before we get an honest opinion
>>
>>63580664
>>63580591
nigga dat bullshut tho cause aint no one wanna rain on this para
>>
>>63580828
More like a year or two.

The hype for Star Wars Phantom Menace lasted that long, while people were still in denial that it didn't suck.
>>
File: untitled.png (239 KB, 935x432) Image search: [Google]
untitled.png
239 KB, 935x432
>>
File: Screenshot_1.png (674 KB, 717x534) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_1.png
674 KB, 717x534
POTTERY
>>
High 70s to mid 80s, definitely.
>>
Normalredditors will eat it up no matter how shit it is. So 100-90.
>>
>>63580591

I actually don't get that nostalgia thing at all. OT was released in the 70s and 80s. The people who were teens then are about 50 now - and they won't go to see it.

Are the prequel movies really making someone nostalgic?
>>
>>63581099
80s and 90s kids can feel nostalgia for the OT simply because they've seen it when they were kids.
>>
Anyone voting 100-95 is being unrealistic. It's gonna be in the mid 80's at best
>>
>>63581099
Late 70's - early 80's weren't the only chances to see the OT you know. There was 16 years between the RotJ and Episode I.
>>
>>63580591
>>63580828
I agree somewhat, just look at recent Star Trek film, but SW fans are much more autistic and there's more of them, so even if the movie IS good you'll see a lot of negative opinions, just because people are picky
>>
File: 1383941755231.png (84 KB, 255x235) Image search: [Google]
1383941755231.png
84 KB, 255x235
>>63580828
>weeks
>>
>>63580591
Or maybe They're more qualified to accurately judge a film than you
>>
>>63581099
The OT had a theatrical re-release in the 90s and picked up a lot of new young fans that way. Also home media exists.
>>
>>63580488

Luke took off sometime after Jedi.
He never had an academy but trained a hand full of people.
Finn and Rey are not romantically involved.
Hux and Phasma are implied in the book how that translates to screen idk.
Captain Phasma is basically Boba Fett.
Poe gets as much screen time as Darth Vader in A New Hope and is basically Leias go to guy.
Finn is the one on the ground in the trailer. He doesn't lose any body parts he gets jinned.
Rey shows nothing for him until he gets hurt.
Kylos identity is never reveled but Rey freezes when she sees his face like she knows him from somewhere.
Han Lives.
At the end Finn is in a bacta tank like Luke was in Empire.
The Resistance captures Starkiller base instead of destroying it.
The origins of Snoke and the Knights of Ren aren't explained.
It is implied they first order is building an army to stop a coming threat.
Rey hears a voice calling to hear in her head it's Luke. She goes to him.
Rey is Lukes daughter. Don't know how.
The end.
>>
Disney won't let it dip below 80%
>>
>>63581869
Why? What exactly makes 'professional' critics more qualified than just any other random idiot? even your autistic opinion is as valid as any pro critics.

And why do you think that RT is a good way to judge a films value? besides being a fan of hiveminds, criclejerks and reddit?
>>
>>63580488
It's gonna be your dubs OP
>>
>Finn! Now that we've escaped from the cell block, use my father, Han Solo's light saber to hold open the garbage compactor! Oh, why didn't I listen when he told me about his ew, Hopeful adventures?
>I can't, Rey! The lightsaber isn't strong enough! it's not tough enough! It's not dura-
>>CELL BLOCK INFILTRATED
>*Finn winks at camera*
>No, Finn, you don't understand! I upgraded the lightsaber with Alkaline and Lithium-ion power cells. Now it'll be Trusted Everywhere!
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.