[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Where were you when Fargo tried way too hard and ended up shitting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 216
Thread images: 21
File: ayyyyyy.jpg (355 KB, 612x380) Image search: [Google]
ayyyyyy.jpg
355 KB, 612x380
Where were you when Fargo tried way too hard and ended up shitting the bed?
>>
>>63579507

>tons of hints throughout the season
>a real UFO showing up somehow ruins everything

I think it is YOU trying too hard to hate the show and create some epic maymay

>ayyyyyy.jpg

I rest my case.
>>
Where were you when /tv/ got so buttflustered about a television show that they shitposted for weeks?
>>
>>63579507
So I was watching Insidious today, and I realized that Bear is one of the spectral technicians...
>>
fargo did nothing wrong
>>
File: 1449740219587.jpg (565 KB, 2000x2000) Image search: [Google]
1449740219587.jpg
565 KB, 2000x2000
Who /bear/ here? Hope he makes it through this season.
>>
>>63579507
I actually liked it. It was a WTF moment handled with a lot of dry humor like a real Coen movie.
>>
>>63579586
Wew lad
>>
>>63579586
i wish bear didnt die i liked seeing him in the last couple of episodes
>>
>>63579633

>>i le hope le peggy turns out to be a le alien in le finale XDXDXDXD

You're not even trying.
>>
>>63579586
He literally died in the last episode you dumb kike.
>>
>>63579660
>>63579663
w-what?
>>
>>63579752
What part of Lou putting a bullet through his head and blowing his brains out did you not understand?
>>
>>63579777
WHAT? NOOOO
>>
>>63579801
dont listen to him, he actually gets taken away the aliens
>>
>See, because I foreshadowed in every previous episode that I was going to take a long, runny shit, when I actually take the long, runny shit in episode 9, that makes it good writing.
-Noah Hawley
>>
>>63579507
>it's a tv-series-with-clear-fantasy-inserts-gave-into-total-fantasy-inserts-THEY-BLEW-IT-GUYS kind of thread
>>
>>63579507
>implying ufos aren't real
>>
>>63579507
unless episode 10 pulls something amazing with the ufos then it was just a shit deus ex machina.
>>
>>63580349
All I'm saying is someone tells you for 9 episodes they are gonna take a shit then they take one you can't say you didn't expect it in some way
>>
>>63579507
They have one more episode. I'm skeptical as well, but I trust them to end this well.
>>
File: image.jpg (194 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
194 KB, 1366x768
>>63579507
>people Complaining about ayy lmaos when this happened last season.

What makes this one so much worse?
>>
>>63579507
>trying too hard
This shit meme phrase means nothing.
>>
>>63579507
it already did that on like episode 2

>that was my thumb
>>
Why is Stanley Kubrick in this show?
>>
>>63580785
that was bad too

the Fargo movie had human elements. It was funny because you could empathize with these pathetic or desperate people

not just hurr ayyy lmao or raining fish
>>
>>63580785
that was malvo
>>
>>63579586
Is that Angus Sampson? Wtf m8?
>>
>>63579586
'Scholar' always cracks me up.
>>
>>63579507
whose was this room with alien language all over it ?
>>
>>63580785
That actually happens more than you think. Fish get evaporated into storms or some science shit and fall down when it settles. Or something. Malvo was the devil and did a lumbridge teleport spell in the basement though
>>
get hype for the last episode guys
>>
>>63582551

I always just kind of felt like the show was written in such a way that the story is an exaggerated retelling of the events
>>
>>63579507

Season 1 Episode 1, nnnnnnDropped
>>
>>63579586
how is drinking half and half straight from the carton a "balanced diet"?
>>
File: FRD-43381r.jpg (62 KB, 650x434) Image search: [Google]
FRD-43381r.jpg
62 KB, 650x434
>>63579568
>>
>>63582658
>>63582658
do you seriously not get that that is the point
>>
>>63582706
he does GOMAD
>>
>>63582861

No I get it, but most people who make threads like this dont.
>>
>>63579507
Last episode becomes GOAT on second watch
>>
>>63583037
this desu
>>
>>63582535
Ted Danson the father-in-law sheriff
>>
File: 1442448268016.gif (2 MB, 299x205) Image search: [Google]
1442448268016.gif
2 MB, 299x205
>watching Bone Tomahawk
>Lou and Hanzee show up
>mfw
>>
>>63580617
Its not a deus ex machina you fucking mong. A deus ex machina would be something that is out of nowhaere and changes the direction of the story that couldn't be done any other way.
This hits none of those points
>>
>>63583157
that bird is hoppin :3
>>
>>63583157

My girlfriend and I couldn't sit through that shit. I like slow burn movies but it was way to fucking boring.
>>
>>63580617
>deus ex machina
They are more of a metaphor. The story could have been told exactly the same without aliens (Hanzee watches the fight between Bear and Lou, who manages to grab the gun while Bear chokes him).
>>
>>63583290
It was worth it in the end.
>>
>Out of respect for the dead, the rest has been told exactly as it occurred
AYYYYYYLMAO
>>
>>63583457
Make an effort
>>
File: 1385823124983.jpg (23 KB, 720x432) Image search: [Google]
1385823124983.jpg
23 KB, 720x432
>>63582551
>Fish get evaporated into storms
Please dont vote or reproduce
>>
>>63583489
Why should I? The writers didn't.
>>
>>63583541
What? The aliens are there for an extra layer and make no difference to the story. Its there to make the point that its told like its a story, but changed to make it more interesting. The entire show has really good writing in most parts, Aliens don't affect that
>>
>>63583457
Really? You didn't get that particular joke sooner?
>>
>>63583541
Cry about it.
Go watch True Detective season 2 lol
>>
>>63579507
>>63580617

There was a UFO in the first episode, you twats - if you have a problem with that, why keep watching it?

Also, there's a War of the Worlds quote earlier in the season - this doesn't really come out of nowhere.
>>
>>63583602
>Its there to make the point that its told like its a story, but changed to make it more interesting

>It's bad on purpose which makes it good
Why not just have characters periodically look right at the camera and say, "Remember, this is a TV show."?
>>
>>63583706
Your not saying why it actually sucks, which tells me that your just a really bad troll.
the Aliens change nothing, not even writing, so acting like it does is fucking stupid
>>
>>63583706
What's bad about it?
That you thought this is based on a true story when it isn't?

You realize the movie wasn't either, right?
>>
File: 1441740273676.jpg (13 KB, 323x400) Image search: [Google]
1441740273676.jpg
13 KB, 323x400
>>63583668
>tfw enjoyed the shit out of season 2 of true detective and so far fargo
>fargo season 2 is better tho
>>
File: 1438986827159.png (192 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
1438986827159.png
192 KB, 512x384
>>63582706
>>
>>63583706
The real question here is why are you so butthurt though? The answer to your porblems tho is simple, stop watching.
>>
From people defending aliens and raining fish to people asking about whether drinking cream is part of a balanced diet, is everyone in this thread pretending to be stupid?
>>
>>63583834
Heres the thing
raining fish and aliens don't affect anything
>>
Fargo's main theme is community, and how it is threatened from both outside and inside. The aliens represent the advent of a new order, which is no longer bound by tradition, relationship or decency.
>>
File: face.jpg (957 KB, 3113x2335) Image search: [Google]
face.jpg
957 KB, 3113x2335
The viewers are the aliens guys....

>you can change the outcome of an event by simply viewing it
>>
>>63583834
triggered the 'tism I see.
>>
>>63583900
seems legit
>>
File: 1423740229873.jpg (32 KB, 494x522) Image search: [Google]
1423740229873.jpg
32 KB, 494x522
I like the show and this scene didn't bother me particularly, but it's undeniable that it makes no sense and any explanation is just kind of a stretch.

It had been explained a while back by one of the actors, I forgot which, that the alien stuff was just a nod to the UFO-craze of the 70s, which had several reported sightings of things that were usually just balloons and stuff like that. It made sense an added an extra layer of mystery to the show, tying it to its era.

However, an actual alien spaceship appearing in detail and everyone seeing it is just unexplainable in every single way.
>>
>>63584011
It's not unexplainable. The explanation is "aliens."
>>
>>63584011
>unexplainable in every single way.
Except that it's just fucking aliens.
>>
>>63584042
>>63584074
Saying "it's just aliens" isn't explaining why they were there, just stating the fact that they were.

>Dude, how are you flying?
>It's just flight, man.

It's not like that.
>>
>>63584011
>everybody seeing it
>implying Ed, Peggy and Hanzee all get out alive
>implying Lou wasn't near totally blinded from being directly under it, all he saw was the light
>everyone else who "saw it" was dead
>Lou will just chalk it up to some sort of trauma or being under duress or some shit
>Hank may or may not live and may or may not have seen it

4ish people saw it, and we know for sure only one of them makes it, who knows what happens with the other three. Could be one of those events where Lou doesn't talk about the UFO because he doesn't know what he saw, or he stopped bringing up the UFO aspect by the time season one rolls around because no one believes him by then.
>>
>>63584011
Its like an extra layer that there if you want it. The episode was presented by a narrator for a reason, it might not have been Aliens, but something DID distract the people
>>
>>63584135
>SPELL EVERYTHING OUT FOR ME
>I WANT A SCENE WHERE SOMEONE EXPLAINS WHY THE ALIENS ARE THERE

What the fuck kind of asinine criticism is that?
>>
>>63584155
>It's just a flying saucer c'mon Ed we gotta go"

based insane woman
>>
wait so some people actually thought fargo didnt have aliens?
>>
>>63584155
Everyone who was outside at the scene stopped to look at it. Every single one of them. It was a big event and, in the way the episode was told, it was there. Whether it REALLY was there or not is irrelevant to debate, because the problem everyone is having is the fact that it was included in the episode to begin with.

>>63584204
I really don't understand how you're taking criticism to a TV show so personally, but I'll entertain you. No, you can't explain something by saying "it is the thing." That is a shitty road to go on. If writing television was like that, the writers could literally put anything at any moment at all and then just say "it's just [thing]." Bear has a penis made of solid gold? Dodd is superhuman and survives getting shot in the head? Peggy is the Devil? But why? "Oh, because those are just the things that they put on the show. Are you dumb, man? Do you want everything handed out to you?"

Questioning stuff isn't bad, accepting every single writer decision because you're desperate to like the show is.
>>
>>63583518
i think he meant that fish get pulled into the sky by waterspouts, it's not out of the realm of possibility just very rare
>>
>>63581197
I know, he was in Mad Max earlier this year too. Good on him for making it from thank god you're here to US prime time.
>>
>>63583518
>voting
Pfffffft because elections aren't rigged at all. Your one vote completely matters and is equal to everyone else's vote all around and they are fairly counted and used to decide the leader of the greatest country on the planet (:
>>
>>63584330
How about this then cunt, Aliens have been explicitly referenced in almost every episode as being a real thing in the shows universe. The writers didn't pull it out of their ass at the last second
>>
>>63584330
The thing is though is that whether it was aliens or not makes no difference, because SOMETHING was there. Dod surving a shot in the head would change the story, Bear has a penis mad of gold is somethng that also wouldn't matter, but that would be stupid, Peggy is the devil was already explored with Lorne Malvo.
Aliens make no difference on the story, its just an extra layer to give an explanation for what Lou saw. (I say Lou because everyone else will probably die)
>>
>>63579507
What are you talking about? Second season is all shit.
>>
>>63584330
>everyone who was outside
>4 people

everyone else was dead. It really isn't a big deal, you just seem upset that something that's been danced around all season actually had some payoff instead of just blue balls. I bet you are in the same group of people bitching about the lack of a tentacle monster and portal into Carcosa at the end of TD1 and you can't even see the irony there.

the point here is that it isn't the aliens, you and others like you just love to bitch and if it wasn't about the aliens it would have been something else, probably about the fat ladycop or something
>>
>>63584439
>How about this then cunt, Aliens have been explicitly referenced in almost every episode as being a real thing in the shows universe

No, they haven't. What the show had built was an air of crazy paranoia around aliens. Lone sightings, posters on walls, weird images, strange talks... All leading back to >>63584011, all pretty much based on the fact that this paranoia was very real a few decades ago.

Putting an actual, seemingly real alien spaceship in a context where it undoubtebly appeared and influenced the plot not for one, but several characters took that into a level that was just too comically absurd for a lot of people. Like I said, it didn't even bother ME, but it's an easy issue to play devil's advocate to because it's not unreasonable.

>>63584450
>The thing is though is that whether it was aliens or not makes no difference, because SOMETHING was there

And they went with a very outlandish image as to what that was. I can't understand how you can't see that that's the problem. The theory that we were seeing what Lou saw because he was the only survivor and etc doesn't hold water because he wasn't the narrator, and none of the story has happened from his point of view thus far.

>>63584577
The number of people doesn't matter, that's not an argument. It's all witnesses anyway, meaning it happened in plural and not singular, which adds weight to the event and also a sense of realness. I have also never watched True Detective if that's what you were talking about and I said I liked the show, so if your only tactic of response is to make wild assumptions on how wacky a guy I am you should probably refrain from posting.
>>
>>63584293
Peggy is the one who surprised me the most over the course of the season. Living the smallvill life, she is an annoying, self-absorbed cunt, that comes off thick and ungreatful. But seeing her in action the last few episodes, taking out a crew of hitmen, dealing with Hanzee, Dot, and the stupid police guy, ready to flee custody at the first chance, saving herself and Ed over and over again... That character gained my respect. She really was meant to be more than a butcher's wife and beautician. I didn't see that comming.
>>
>>63584691
>>63584691
>And they went with a very outlandish image as to what that was.
Ya he thought it was an alien, because well there was a huge thing about it in th 70's that you talked about in the same post.
>The theory that we were seeing what Lou saw because he was the only survivor and etc doesn't hold water because he wasn't the narrator
It does hold water, cause hes the only one who was there and was able to tell the story, who narrated it didn't matter cause whoever was narrating was years and years later, and mainly a stylistic choice to say that this was a story that has been changed throughout the different tellings
>>
It's all your fault, being butthurt about the not-lovecraftian ending of True Detective S1
>>
>>63584450
>its just an extra layer to give an explanation for what Lou saw
And why it will be pretty hard afterwards to give testimony of what happened
>>
LE THIS SHOW IS SO LE XD QUIRKY XD XD XD
>>
>>63584816
The truest irony is that the ending of TD was very lovecraftian

>>63584691
I still don't see what the big deal is. Rye clearly saw a UFO. All those wonky spoopy blue lights, that guy at the gas station talking to Lou about them.
>>
>>63584808
It still doesn't hold water because even though the show is happening in a decade that has already passed we're supposed to be seeing it "in real time." As in, the story so far hasn't been consistently told with a narrator, in the sense that it wasn't made to feel like a "tale" or whatever. It hasn't presented itself as the type of narrative that would allow for that, but if it had, then it would be plausible that the events are being recollected and possibly not too trustworthy from memory alone.

What really made it jarring was the fact that, despite being littered with alien references, every plot point this season has been the result of human actions, in a way that it didn't seem like the aliens were driving the plot, but merely adding mystery to it. That scene essentially took them from easter eggs to central players. If it happened or not, it if was what Lou saw, it doesn't matter. The fictional reality wasn't the issue. The writers' decision was. The writers in the real world, creating the television show Fargo, who decided to put that totally alien (no pun intended) scene in.
>>
>>63584992
>from easter eggs to central players

But it was the UFO sighting that pulled Rye out into the street and got him ran over by Peggy and set everything in motion. Hate to break it to you pal but they've been central players since jump street.
>>
>>63584992
I kinda agree with
>been consistently told with a narrator
but there was a reason as too why this episode was, whether you agree with me at this point or not, I don't care, but its not like the writers shit the bed or anything
>>
whats exactly so bad abot aliens?
they were already in the very first episode and influenced the plot by getting gerhard brother killed.
them not showing up anymore would just blueball the audience
>>
>>63585120
I would argue that them not showing up again would be worse, as it would have been completely out of place
>>
>>63585051
Rye was alone, meaning he could've seen anything, and in the very next episode the alien paranoia setup began. It also wasn't a crystal clear spaceship decending upon him for several for a full minute.

I'll give you an example. Do you know those scenes in movies or TV shows where a character sees a dead person, but the dead person is obviously, well, dead? And you know the character didn't REALLY see him or her, because he was the only one and it disappeared afterwards.

Now, if that characters yells "Holy shit, it's dead Steve!" and all his friends see it too, become freaked out about it, and Steve hangs out with them before calmly strolling away, it becomes a whole 'nother scenario.

>>63585070
It wasn't clear if the narrator was actually narrating (as in, had power over the events) or just addints observations the story. But in any case, it would still be easy to see why that's jarring to people.
>>
>>63581197
Yep
Gussy's finally showing the world his nice crackle
>>
Can anyone explain to me what the fuck was up with all those alien drawings that lou's dad had hidden in his house? like why the fuck wouldn't they mention it again after making such a big reveal..
>>
>>63585188
>it also wasn't a crystal clear spaceship
>literally every post was WHOAMG ALIUMS!!! when that scene aired
>he was alone and he could have seen anything
>muh loss of blood, sprayed with mace and coke hallucinations

the reaching, the hoops you're jumping through, all over one little scene that probably won't amount to much more, maybe won't even be mentioned again. kek
>>
>>63585262
Thats the only alien related thing thats bothered me so far, hopefully its resolved for the finale
>>
>>63583339
No it wasn't. The fucking climax was laughable at best.
Such a promising premise wasted.
>>
>>63585262
Maybe we'll find out on Monday
>>
>>63585188
>and you know the character didn't REALLY see him or her
and you already made up your mind that rye didnt really see the ufo and now you are mad that you were proven wrong
>>
File: 30vlzeb.jpg.gif (897 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
30vlzeb.jpg.gif
897 KB, 480x360
That was a one ballsy episode. Bravo whoever wrote it. Fargo single-handedly saved tv this year
>>
>>63585297
It's not reaching nor hoops. I also LOVE how you completed disregard my extremely comparable example and yet came up with one that was completely the opposite.

It also wasn't a little scene, but just the climax of the climax, and also resulted in the death of the last Gerhardt, when everything up to that moment was giving the impression that Bear would be able to kill Lou before going.

>>63585346
>I literally can't read

Jesus. It's hard not to be mean here.

Rye being alone and the show building an alien paranoia with all its characters leaves it up to speculation whether he saw it or not, it's not concrete or inconcrete, it could've been or it could've not, much like a lot of alien sightings. Whether it really was an alien spaceship becomes then irrelevant, and it's a scene that makes sense.

One that goes "no, this is real aliens and everyone sees it" is a complete 180 of that idea.

Please read before responding. I beg of you. And let like, maybe SOME information go into your brain or something.
>>
So what do you guys will happen next Season? Do you think Molly and Gus(?) will return?
>>
>>63585262
Hank is an alien. He gets shot and they show up to help. When he's on screen there's a lot of times a skyglare before or after cutting to another scene or character. When he gets hit in the face outside Peggy's he doesn't go check on her. Just leaves to pick up Lou. Final scene will be him taking dead mother to a field, looking at Lou, waving and being abducted. She will reanimate mid air and look down at Lou and smile. Third season will be about molly trying to tap into her half alien powers
>>
>>63585441
Holy shit your retarded.
>Rye being alone and the show building an alien paranoia with all its characters leaves it up to speculation whether he saw it or not, it's not concrete or inconcrete, it could've been or it could've not, much like a lot of alien sightings. Whether it really was an alien spaceship becomes then irrelevant, and it's a scene that makes sense.
You could say the exact same thing for Episode 9 doesn't matter if it was Aliens, BUT THEY DID see something just like Rye saw something
>>
>>63585500
>It's all witnesses anyway, meaning it happened in plural and not singular, which adds weight to the event and also a sense of realness

I'm not gonna type this again just because you are illiterate.

A half-dead character seeing something alone is miles away from a collective number of people seeing and recognizing that ssme outwordly thing all at the same time. One is debatable, the other is a stretch to try to explain as "mass delusion" or whatever it is that could cloud all their visions at once.
>>
>>63585417
>Fargo single-handedly saved tv this year
Did you not watch the Leftovers, the Affair, Mr Robot?
>>
>>63585441
>whether it really was an alien spaceship becomes then irrelevant, and it's a scene that makes sense
so rye stopping there for no reason? and what about the alien lights in second episode and the indian guy getting abducted by ayy lmaos? those things would have no logical explanation if there were no aliens
>>
>>63585188
A legit UFO shows up and you still doubt whether or not Rye actually saw one? I don't think it is supposed to be up for speculation at this point.
There is still one more episode. Who knows? Maybe they will do something amazing with the concept. Maybe not, maybe they'll ruin what has been a spectacular season up until here.
I don't think that the point is that we are supposed to wonder if they actually saw aliens, but why the aliens saw them.
>>
>>63579633
Hello reddit.
>>
>>63585620
You are literally to stupid to argue with
>>
>>63585620
Why do you think the writers choose to incorporate the aliens?
>>
>>63585639
>>63585659
Holy shit, you guys literally do not read. I mean, you guys do not read in the literal sense of the word, as in you don't read. You really do not read. You spelled out the entire reason I've been saying people are upset RIGHT NOW.

>A legit UFO shows up

Exactly, dude. Congratulations. A legit UFO showed up, unlike what Rye saw, which was up for debate, which didn't linger that long, which was a lone event. A legit, detailed UFO from another space with probably aliens inside. That's the exact problem.

I mean, really... It's like explaining to children, except you fake your naivety and stupidity in order to argue.
>>
>>63585629
Mr robot was so gay dude stop it. I suppose if you somehow didn't see the fight club shit coming a mile away then it was alright. The drug dealer stuff was pretty good but dealt with too fast. I'd have honestly preferred more of the first scene type stuff. Guy hacking small time crooks and outing them until he sticks his nose somewhere it shouldn't be and starts getting followed, not the ebulcorps makes everything and is totally ebul shit we got
>>
>>63585743
If that's supposed to be a "gotcha!" type of question, just read the previous posts, please. There was already a plausible explanation that kinda just doesn't matter once they're really real.
>>
>>63585754
Maybe you should listen to what we say you autistic fuck.
>>
>>63585754
>unlike what Rye saw, which was up for debate

the only people trying to debate that was the "blood loss, high on coke and adrenaline and maced" crowd, aka the same crowd trying to rationalize away the UFO at the climax of the last episode and are mad that they can't do that so easily this time around, ie, you.
>>
>>63580785
Shit happened in Magnolia with frogs.
It's the fact that it's unexpected and signifies a metaphor is what makes them work.

This alien shit was garbage.
>>
>>63585754
why are you so emotionally invested into this thing?
you thought the aliens werent real and you were proven wrong, but this is not a reason to get upset
>>
>>63584756
Funny thing is, Peggy is the actual menace to society. The Gerhards are done for, they just don't know it yet - everybody in the family is broken beyond repair. The fargo syndicate is the inevitable successor, but that's a political and economic problem.
Peggy is a sleeper, who seems insignificant, until she royally fucks shit up for keks. The question is, is she an ungreatful bitch, or is she aspiring to be all she can be?
>>
>>63585813
I can literally boil down every single response in this thread to:

>It was just aliens.
Responded.
>It's what Lou saw.
Responded.
>We don't know if they actually saw it.
Responded.
>There already were alien things before.
Responded.
>Rye saw a spaceship too.
Responded.
>The episode was being narrated, that's why.
Responded.
>You are smelly and ugly, I bet you watch True Detective! Cuss words!
Laughed at.

You guys just go in circles. You act dumb on purpose and repeat the same things that have been said before without reading what was said before. It's amazing really.

>>63585876
I guess you think every hallucination in movies is real too. Must be tough to follow a story with you. Would the writers have to put

>This is maybe not literal, think about it

Flashing on the screen for you to think about scenes instead of just accepting them as factual aways? Did you think Peggy's conversation with the "realize yourself" man actually took place and then he morphed into Dodd?

>>63585946
You did not read a single post of mine.
>>
>>63585990
Except you respond the same way everytime with little variation, then get mad at us for running out of ways to tell you that your wrong, because we know its not gonna stay in your goddamn brain after a few fucking seconds
>>
>>63585990
i am not a doctor but you might be genuinly autistic
>>
>end of next fargo season
>millennium falcon shows up
>>
>>63585754
I think that you are the one that doesn't get it. Why would it be ambiguous whether or not Rye actually saw something if all evidence points toward it?
I'm not trying to be be mean here, I'm just trying to have a discussion about this show man. No need to get upset.
>>
>>63585990
>I guess you think every hallucination in movies is real too

I bet you think being high on coke makes you have visual hallucinations. That's a nice strawman tho, you've been propping a few up throughout this thread for a while now.
>>
>>63586101
More like giant squid in space
>>
>>63586101
Don't spoil Episode VII
>>
>>63586050
>>It was just aliens.
>No, you can't explain something by saying "it is the thing." That is a shitty road to go on. If writing television was like that, the writers could literally put anything at any moment at all and then just say "it's just [thing]."

>>It's what Lou saw.
>The theory that we were seeing what Lou saw because he was the only survivor and etc doesn't hold water because he wasn't the narrator, and none of the story has happened from his point of view thus far.

>>We don't know if they actually saw it.
>If it happened or not, it if was what Lou saw, it doesn't matter. The fictional reality wasn't the issue. The writers' decision was. The writers in the real world, creating the television show Fargo, who decided to put that totally alien (no pun intended) scene in.

>>There already were alien things before.
>What the show had built was an air of crazy paranoia around aliens. Lone sightings, posters on walls, weird images, strange talks... All leading back to >>63584011 (You), all pretty much based on the fact that this paranoia was very real a few decades ago.

>>Rye saw a spaceship too.
>A half-dead character seeing something alone is miles away from a collective number of people seeing and recognizing that ssme outwordly thing all at the same time. One is debatable, the other is a stretch to try to explain as "mass delusion" or whatever it is that could cloud all their visions at once.

>>The episode was being narrated, that's why.
>It still doesn't hold water because even though the show is happening in a decade that has already passed we're supposed to be seeing it "in real time." As in, the story so far hasn't been consistently told with a narrator, in the sense that it wasn't made to feel like a "tale" or whatever. It hasn't presented itself as the type of narrative that would allow for that, but if it had, then it would be plausible that the events are being recollected and possibly not too trustworthy from memory alone.

(thanks)
>>
>>63586117
>You're mad, man? Why are you mad though? Jesus, this guy here, getting all mad... I'm not mad, you are though. But why, brother? Why you have to get mad? You definitely got mad here.

Just the best arguing in the world. Please read >>63586184

>>63586123
>no actual response

You too.
>>
>>63586184
>selective reading
you left out the parts that proved you wrong you fuck
>>
>>63585810
cool answer bro
Protip: Fargo is not just a show that tells a nice story. So unless you figure out what it tries to tell about society, you will find yourself stuck in discussing technicalities, as you have been for an hour now. FYI, from a technical standpoint, the alien scene is amazingly effective and fits perfectly in tone and message
>>
>>63586230
>no actual response

You've been arguing a moot point this entire time (trying to explain the basis of this argument as opposed to taking a side, is that the point you're trying to make here?) and are likely being just strung along and baited whilst repeatedly taking the bait.

And your some sort of autistic redditor on top of all that. Yikes.
>>
>>63586230
>>You're mad, man? Why are you mad though? Jesus, this guy here, getting all mad... I'm not mad, you are though. But why, brother? Why you have to get mad? You definitely got mad here.
Dude, I am not even trying to antagonize you I am being serious. I just want to talk about this show and what the aliens are all about. You're the one getting upset.
Unless I am being memed
>>
>>63586282
He thinks he's taking some sort of higher ground by trying to break down and explain WHY people are "upset" over the blatant UFO and not actually taking a side.
>>
>>63586246
Honestly, plot-related opinions aside, it did look impressive. The lighting, the sound, the way it just hovered ominously while dripping onto those below. Realistic reactions from the characters, aside from Peggy. However, hers was pretty good though because it was funny as fuck.
Everyone stopping a slaughter-fest to gaze up in fear and awe at something they think they recognize but cannot understand.
I'm pretty neutral on the scene myself but taking the scene by itself, on its own merits. Pretty good shit.
>>
>>63586231
>responded in seconds and didn't actually read any of it

Very, very classy.

>>63586246
And very pretentious. Whether it "just" tells a story or not, the fact is, it is telling a story, and it can be judged on its ability to do that consistently then.

>>63586273
>moot point

No point here was moot. I also stated my feelings a lot of times without ever denying that the other side was reasonable and had valid reasons to dislike the alien outcome. It's so funny how childish your mentality is that you think you oughta "pick a side" when talking about a TV show as if you're going to war. Completely unrealistic point of view regarding the world.

>>63586282
You're repeatedly not saying anything tough.
>>
>>63586372
I'm sorry I can read the bullshit you write and type fast in less than a minute, but don't make yourself look stupid by saying I didn't read, cause umlike you, I do
>>
>>63586372
It's pretty childish that you think you have to pick a side. That you've so feverishly defended your feeble opinion to the last is even sadder, some how, highly indicative of an autistic manchild. You probably think you're more mature for having a civilized conversation whilst the rest of us mouthbreathers fling mud and shit at each other.

>he likes the aliens tho
what are you even doing here then you fucking argument loving autist? holy shit
>>
>>63586372
>You're repeatedly not saying anything tough.
I have been, I am just trying to assert that I am not trying to upset you. I just want to talk about the show! Jesus.

but since you are telling me that I "haven't been saying anything", here is what I am thinking about everything:

The UFO seems out of place because it just shows up unexpectedly in the scene. HOWEVER, aliens have been hinted at throughout the whole season. There had been an inkling in my mind that they would actually show up, but I wasn't sure.

You kept implying you thought that Rye hadn't actually seen a UFO and I was just wondering why you would think that, especially given all of the evidence pointing to him having actually seen one.
Yes, he was in a situation where people do not make the most firm decisions and conclusions, but it would just seem strange to have something like that happen in a season where all sorts of other alien shit is going down, but chalk that one up to a hallucination.

I'll end this post by saying that I love this show and I honestly believe the writers will do something amazing with this.
Or they will drop massive spaghetti in the most disappointing finale since Dexter.
>>
>>63584011
>meme reaction picture
>complaining about the appearance of aliens being unexplainable

truly insufferable, opinion trashed
>>
Let it go, the show just isn't for you. You expected some epic mafia bang bang, and now you are confused and angry because it's not and you don't understand what else it could be. Doesn't make the show pretentious, doesn't make you an idiot. Stop bitching, watch something else
>>
>>63586417
I'm sure you're very umlike me. Are you done now?

>>63586442
>It's pretty childish that you think you have to pick a side.

What? You're literally taking what you said

>(trying to explain the basis of this argument as opposed to taking a side

And putting it up as if I said it. Are you actually delusional? Do you see real aliens and shit?

The fact that you even mention "sides" when talking about TV shows on the internet invalidates everything you say because it comes from a point of pure bias, as in, you see it as a battle. "Well, I liked it, so the people who didn't gotta be wrong and have no merit!". You really do think like a kid then and you become useless to any kind of discussion.

I conceded the point that if it was being narrated from the book, years later, then the recollection could've been shoddy and lend space to more fantastical scenes like that, but that it would be out of tone for the show to suddenly go that route, which would still be a valid reason to dislike it. That's forming a reasonable point of view that's not black-and-white on something.

>>63586483
>The UFO seems out of place because it just shows up unexpectedly in the scene. HOWEVER, aliens have been hinted at throughout the whole season. There had been an inkling in my mind that they would actually show up, but I wasn't sure.

I responded that already about the aliens being "hinted" a thousand times, it's like the second one in my response collection post.

>You kept implying you thought that Rye hadn't actually seen a UFO and I was just wondering why you would think that

I also responded that. It was no "evidence" as in, the show hasn't PROVED "yes, there are aliens and here they are." The UFO-craze and the multiple sighting were an actual thing in real life. Please read up my responses.

I like the show too. And repeatedly trying to say someone is upset doesn't make you seem like a very good person to talk with, it's needlessly confrontational. Here >>63586184
>>
LISTEN UP FELLAS IT'S THE OFFICIAL VERDICT OF FARGO HERE WE GO:

PLEB SHIT THAT TRIES WAY TOO HARD TO BE QUIRKY AND WEIRD TO THE POINT WHERE IT PULLS SHIT THAT MAKES NO SENSE JUST BECAUSE LE QUIRK LOL ARE WE COENTINO YET? ARE WE COENS YET? ARE WE TARANTINO YET? WHAT ABOUT NOW? WHAT ABOUT NOW? IF I DO SOME REALLY STUPID EDITING FOR THE SAKE OF QUIRKINESS HOW ABOUT THEN? WHAT ABOUT NOW? WHAT ABOUT NOW? QUIRK QUIRK REDDIT QUIRK QUIRK QUIRK

Fucking idiots who enjoy this shit
>>
guys, why do you keep arguing with that one autist?
>>
>>63586578
>And repeatedly trying to say someone is upset doesn't make you seem like a very good person to talk with, it's needlessly confrontational.

But the thing is, I could say the same about you. I was only saying that because every time I would try to bring up a point, you would respond with something hostile. And when I would respond to the hostility, I would assure you that I wasn't trying to make you angry.

I don't know anything about you though so I won't judge. But I am gonna drop out of the debate here and just lurk the thread because I don't think you and I will understand each other or agree on what we perceive about the show.

Cheers m8
>>
Peggy is the best character. I wanted to strangle that bitch the first 5 episodes, but the scene where she sells the car to get money for the shop was as touching as anything I've ever seen.
>>
>>63586578
>im an adult and i have lots of grown up discussions about movies and television shows on a grorious Nippon cunny simulation image sharing forum

there is a certain website for people like you, who want to constantly feel enlightened by their own intelligence.

I personally don't see the point in dropping the show becuz aliums, or trying to rationalize them away. They where there, they where hinted at and danced around, then they show up in a big way. I'm along for the ride.

I brought "sides" into it because your so focused on masturbating over explaining the mindset of either conflicting opinions. When in reality it just seems that you're kind of anguished that you can no longer say "lol come on guys, Fargo is a mature show for adults, it isn't some whacky quirky cooky kids show, he didn't really see a UFO, he was just fucked up in the heat of the moment, i bet we won't even SEE another ufo this season"
>>
Non-Alien Fargo Theory:

Ed and Peggy will kill Hanzee in the next episode before Lou can catch up to them. They will then look at each other and realize that their lives have been ruined and cannot be repaired. They will then commit suicide together and it will be beautiful as fuck.

I got the idea from when the autist girl from the butcher shop was talking to Ed about death being beautiful and the only end we all go to, followed by them talking about suicide.
>>
>>63586631
Lmao your life must suck if this is what you choose to spend your time doing.
>>
>>63586669
Because it's tiring. I'm just tired.

I made a single post two hours ago and people got extremely defensive at just the idea that it could have some merit to question the show. Not to mention all the little minions going "don't listen to him, boss! He's just autistic! You don't gotta even think about people like that!"

Honestly I'm not even sure if I'm writing english anymore here, it's been too long.

>>63586742
>there is a certain website for people like you, who want to constantly feel enlightened by their own intelligence.

That is useless and not an argument.

>They where there, they where hinted at and danced around, then they show up in a big way. I'm along for the ride.

And some people weren't, with valid reasons. What a strange weird. It's like every human being is unique and has his own opportunity to form his opinions.

>I brought "sides" into it because your so focused on masturbating over explaining the mindset of either conflicting opinions

There's literally a huge post of mine which is just quotes which does only that.

My brain hurts from saying "literally" so much in this thread.
>>
>>63586793
Posting on 4chan? cry more about your pleb show being shit
>>
>>63586747
But Ed and Peggy are the couple of the future. Maybe Ed will die and Peggy will be both free and alone, but I think they are the only ones who get out of the whole thing without being traumatized. Peggy had the fun of her life, and Ed is a thick guy.

I'm curious to see if Ted Danson's characrer lives. My guess is that Lou and Molly will end up alone (as we know they will anyway). The mentioned alien theory is quite charming (>>63585466)
>>
>>63586863
>posts angry tantrum in all caps
>accuses other anon of "crying"
k
>>
>>63586950
>But Ed and Peggy are the couple of the future
What do you mean? Has there been something that implies they will live that I have missed?
>>
>>63586742
You imply that Fargo lost it's claim by making obvious that it is fiction, when that does in no way diminish what the show is saying. Quite the opposite: The alien made it clear that this is not a mafia soap opera, but works in a higher context. Amazing how they do not pander to that audience and avoid the Breaking Bad situation, where 80% like the show for all the wrong reasons.
>>
>>63587273
Right? The flying saucer works as a metaphor on such a profound level. I mean, I almost teared up at the sheer intellectual beauty of the sequence.
>>
>>63587013
Peggy is the most modern character in the show. Hedonistic, living in a world constructed by media, brazingly self-absorbed. I can't see the writers killing her off without giving some unsubtle moralistic comment, which they carefully avoided up to this point.
But it really wouldn't be the first time Fargo surprised me, so...
>>
>>63587399
Actually, I was quite puzzled. But thinking about it, and having witnessed the mayhem in this thread... Kudos to the writers!
>>
File: Capture.png (17 KB, 357x120) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
17 KB, 357x120
here i go
>>
File: 1435227344771.jpg (28 KB, 422x326) Image search: [Google]
1435227344771.jpg
28 KB, 422x326
>>63579586
I did not like seeing him go
>>
File: 1378743007228.jpg (75 KB, 550x449) Image search: [Google]
1378743007228.jpg
75 KB, 550x449
I like to think that this is all somebody retelling a true crime story with a shitload of embellishment
>>
>>63587858
just as LOST is a show about living in the jungle
>>
>>63587965
No, LOST is just pure 'tism
>>
>>63579586
Bear best Gehr
>>
File: no-answer.gif (1 MB, 328x217) Image search: [Google]
no-answer.gif
1 MB, 328x217
>>63579507
it started going downhill once Hanzee became a mass murderer for something he has probably dealt with for the last couple of years, which somehow was supposed to justify him killing Dood for absolutely no reason other than shock value.
>>
>>63588151
>justify him killing Dood for absolutely no reason other than shock value.
He killed him because he was going to start over, the racists was his tipping point.
try harder next time
>>
>>63588237
it just felt so out of place
he has probably dealt with racism for years at this point, but this time he starts shooting people in the middle of the street. Just so he has a reason to start over at the most convenient point in time for a le ebin plot twists.
They could have just made him a wanted criminal when he killed those bunch of guys in the woods 4 episodes or so ago and than it would have worked out nicely.
But this just felt like they had this idea for a plot twist and wanted to squeeze it in at the last second.
>>
>>63588394
I mean they spent like the whole season building it up. It was honestly no surprise that he changed his mind. Hell, the last episode even baby fed some examples which caused him to change his mind.
>>
>>63579633
jesus Christ how embarrassing. I mean even for /tv/ this is cringeworthy shit and if you had the capacity to feel shame or embarrassment here I would almost want to join you in your shame
>>
>>63579777
Hanzee shot him from the deck.
>>
>>63588749
whut
>>
File: 1448081377179[1].png (791 KB, 458x1585) Image search: [Google]
1448081377179[1].png
791 KB, 458x1585
>>63579586
why do you keep spamming your tumblr shit in every thread?
>>
File: 1416204973571.jpg (13 KB, 400x299) Image search: [Google]
1416204973571.jpg
13 KB, 400x299
>>63582760
>>
>>63587731
It's alright, but not better than S2. Still, it was entertaining.
>>
>>63588918
Hanzee shot Bear with the rifle from upstairs at the motel. What or 'whut' is it you don't understand?
>>
>>63589621
You can clearly see Lou shoot him. Plus, the bullet wound wouldn't match the direction the bullet would have came from if Hanzee shot him.
Or are you trolling me
>>
>>63590051
They both shoot him. Hanzee from the balcony (non-fatal, makes him mad), then Lou after he's tackled.
>>
>>63590080
Oh, I thought you meant Hanzee killed him. My bad.
>>
>>63587858
Every time I see a dexter image I remember all the hours wasted watching it. What a rip off
>>
10/10 show

Ruined by needless aliens.

They have never been a necessary plot device and every instance the aliens have shown up could have been explained via some other means.

At the Diner, culkin could have chased the waitress across the road, shot her and then have been hit by the car.

At the massacre, the indian stabbing the old lady gang leader could have been enough of a distraction to everyone.

Aliens was absolutely not necessary and how come the guy who saw them first hand never brought them up when discussing sioux falls in season 1?

Pleb writing destroyed a 10/10 show.
>>
>>63590573
>the guy who saw them first hand never brought them up when discussing sioux falls in season 1?
Thry wiped his memories you fucking idiot
>>
I preferred him when he was noodle ads Tbh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d25fAvzm5R8
>>
>>63590573
See you Monday.
>>
>>63590573
the aliens are probably a metaphor for something anyway man. We just won't figure out what until like season 5 or something
>>
>>63590720
You're a metaphor for gayness nerd lol
>>
>>63590945

Your mom is a meta phwoar!
>>
>>63590945
http://vocaroo.com/i/s1kQTnMrhovm
>>
Does anyone else do Dod's face?

I have taken to doing it all the time.

It scares my pets.
>>
File: images.jpg (7 KB, 292x173) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
7 KB, 292x173
>>63591116
>>63591116
>>63591116
>>
>>63591116
Post a picture.
>>
>>63591177

No but only because it's 6am.

Just imagine me trying to take a difficult shit and then remembering a funny Garfield cartoon from the 80s.

That about sums it up.
>>
>>63591116
What's the dod face again?
>>
File: Fatt Damon.jpg (30 KB, 350x250) Image search: [Google]
Fatt Damon.jpg
30 KB, 350x250
I was totally okay with the ayy lmao stuff before this episode.
All the other times it had a reasonable explanation, like some guy being on drugs and mistaking a balloon for an UFO thus getting run over by Peggy.

But this was a straight up Deus Ex Machina moment, and the low budget CGI didn't make it any better.

Well they somehow managed to make the layout for the final episode exactly the same as in season 1.
Good guy turned bad is chased by original bad guy, while good guy cop is running after them
>>
File: dod.png (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
dod.png
1 MB, 1280x720
>>63591212
>Just imagine me trying to take a difficult shit and then remembering a funny Garfield cartoon from the 80s.
>That about sums it up.

checks out
>>
>>63591116
I want to whistle like him.
>>
>>63591269
>Dodd is still dead
it hurts every time I remember
>>
>>63591269
>killing both Dodd and Bear
YA BLEW THAT HAWLEY!
>>
>Floyd and Dodd are both unceremoniously killed by Hanzee
>Bear is killed by Lou with an alien assist
>Charlie is the only Gerhardt still alive
>no final confrontation between Dodd and Bear
>Floyd never finds out what Bear did to Simone

Yeah, no. Shit resolution, Hawley.
>>
>>63593036
Thank god you don't write.
I can imagine all of the formulaic character resolutions you love on shows like CSI, and Criminal minds...
>>
>>63593123
>character 1 has a secret
>character 2 has a personal connection to the secret and would be furious if they learned the truth
>both characters are killed by other characters, leaving the secret now irrelevant and the entire plot thread a waste of time

Yeah that's great writing.
>>
>>63591212
underrated
>>
>>63593036
Not everything has to be wrapped up in a neat little bow, you know.

That being said, the one thing they actually do need to address is the alien shit in Hank's room.

Also, was Hanzee abducted by aliens? It seems like that was implied when he was searching the waffle hut for clues.
>>
>>63593260
>everything should always be nicely wrapped up
>loose thread are the devil's invention
Now you're just confirming your plebness. Back to CSI, you philistine.
>>
>>63592786
It would have been the best showdown ever, two autistic beasts go at it, one with morals and one without.
I get that Hanzee is badass and whatnot, but there was a decent underlying plot between the brothers, especially since the two removed their respective children from the show.
>>
>>63593399
the ending will be :

Hanzee killed
Peggy and Ed abducted by ayy lmaos

the whole wanting to travel shit etc
>>
>>63593644
Never watched a single episode of CSI. I just like plot threads not to get cut short before they get to a logical stopping point.

I bet you liked the alien twist too, you contrarian faggot.
>>
>It's Rapid city all over again.
Thoughts?
>>
>>63582551
>Fish get evaporated into storms or some science shit and fall down when it settles
>>
>>63594499
Season 4
>>
shitty as fuck writing this year

tried to be got with the random kills but in the end

>good guy always win
shit tier
Thread replies: 216
Thread images: 21

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.