[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Eight Legged Freaks
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: Eight-legged-freaks-03-1.jpg (855 KB, 1330x748) Image search: [Google]
Eight-legged-freaks-03-1.jpg
855 KB, 1330x748
So I'm kinda new to 4chan and this board but what does this board think about the spider movie Eight Legged Freaks. Pic related
>>
>>63579150
Spider movies in general are a nice throw back to the golden horror age of the 50s and early 60s. Atom age Sci-Fi and cold war metaphors were all over the place back then. The new ones look better, are still fun but often lack a deeper meaning.
>>
>>63579150

Those were some goofy ass spiders. I liked the part with the huge army of them racing towards the mall and killing everyone they could on the way to it.

Not a great movie by any means, but I liked it.
>>
File: 008.jpg (187 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
008.jpg
187 KB, 600x400
Clearly ScarJo's greatest role to date.
>>
>>63579409
You could look at The Mist but its not a full-on spider movie.
>>
fuck off
>>
>>63579150
Fuck off
>>
>>63579544
Yeah The Mist is great in terms of being open for wider interpretations. Darabont is good screen writer and director.
>>
>>63579150
I first watched it when I was a kid and a total pussy about spiders.

I remember a scene where a guy had a clogged hosepipe and put it in his mouth for whatever reason people who know how hosepipes work do. When he pulled it out, hundreds of spiders crawled out of his mouth. Fucked me up for weeks, and even now the thought of it is making me gag.
>>
>>63579542
Cute, big, sixteen year old boobies.
>>
arachnophobia was better
>>
>>63579150
Movie is a solid 7/10 on the fun scale.
>>
>>63579839
>fun
you know what they say about fun in /v/ ?
>>
>>63579409
The mid 90s to very early 00s saw a renaissance of those sort of films that I really enjoyed at the time. It wasn't all sci-fi some were just giant killer whatever flicks and didn't have the cold war/nuclear age overtones classics like Them! had but they were still fun.

>Lake Placid
>Deep Blue Sea
>Mosquito
>Anaconda
>Bats

A bunch of straight to vid stuff I've forgotten too, I'm sure.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.