[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thoughts on this? Was it really the children?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
Thoughts on this? Was it really the children?
>>
Pretty terrible, irresponsible message, boring scenes, boilerplate Haneke.
>>
award bait shit
>>
>>63578371
>irresponsible message
Elaborate
>>
>>63578306
I didn't like the voice-over.
>>
>>63578398
nazis were good
>>
>>63578398
Because it's a film that uses "Critical theory" and that is the bottom of the intellectual barrel. Haneke posits that fascism rose in Germany because of repression and Protestantism. However, that same level of repression existed in England at the same time period. One of those countries became a fascist dictatorship and the other one didn't. The White Ribbon is an immature and cruel film, and full of Haneke's patented sermonizing.
>>
>>63578536
Can you back that up?

>>63578540
>Haneke posits that fascism rose in Germany because of repression and Protestantism
Not really. The overall message is that violence and repression don't generate positive outcomes.
>>
>>63578776
No, pretty sure Haneke was putting forth what he believed was the cause of the Third Reich. And he did it in an incredibly immature and callous manner.
>>
>>63578805
"The children in the film are the generation of Germans who became Nazis. Michael Haneke has stated that while that is intentional, the ideas in the film are meant to encompass more than what lead to the rise of Nazism."
You're not seeing it beyond it's face value. It's a commentary on societies and authoritarianism as a whole.
>>
>>63578805
Pretty sure he was using the story as a vehicle to convey a broader message that evil can exist anywhere.
>>
>>63578306
well, obviously. the whole film is meant to show the germinal sociopathy that led to German actions in the world wars
>>
I've yet to see a movie with such great child actors before
>>
>>63578873
>>63579022
you might like to consider the possibility that he's an overrated hack.
>>
>>63579146
>sociopathy led to the WWs

characteristic psychological laziness on Haneke's part
>>
>>63580390
cool
>>
>>63580361
Excellent observation.
>>
>>63580390
>has no argument
>h-hack!
Don't bother replying next time
>>
File: 1405886375164.gif (2 MB, 374x312) Image search: [Google]
1405886375164.gif
2 MB, 374x312
>>63578371

Edge detected.
>>
>>63578540
>However, that same level of repression existed in England at the same time period.
What?
>>
>>63578306
Left me feeling empty. Absolutely great, powerful movie.
>>
>>63580361
Watch any Bahman Ghobadi movie
>>
>>63578306
Did one of the girls get molested? Am I understanding this right?
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.