[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Be honest /tv/ Do you WANT it to be bad? Are you so cynical and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
Be honest /tv/
Do you WANT it to be bad? Are you so cynical and jaded that you would actually find more pleasure in the backlash after it's poorly recieved than enjoying what could be a good film?
>>
>>63576295
If it's truly awful, I can respect that. Someone had a singular vision and was brave enough to bring it to the big screen regardless of the response.

But if it's bland and inoffensive, hitting the notes for nostalgia then it's unforgivable and proof-positive Disney's out for a cash grab and nothing else.
>>
>>63576295
I WANT IT TO FAIL

(not really)
>>
>>63576390
This is the type of rhetoric that prequel apologists use

I bet you think Episode I was "unique" and "bold" because of the hamfisted political subtext and Jar Jar was daring
>>
>>63576448
Sorry, queernuts. I didn't like TPM. Go back to reddit with your Darth Jar Jar memes.
>>
Listen...

If it's bad we're going to hear people complaining about it for at least a decade.

If it's good we're going to hear people praising it for decades.

What would you rather hear? People whining and complaining about something for years or talking positively about something for years? I don't want to have to filter prequel trilogy tier whining out of my life for years to come.
>>
>>63576390
>Disney's out for a cash grab
Do you not know Disney? Did you just arrive on this planet?
>>
File: NOT A REEBOOT SHE SAYS.png (18 KB, 574x193) Image search: [Google]
NOT A REEBOOT SHE SAYS.png
18 KB, 574x193
>>63576518
>>63576448
>>63576390
i keep postin this but no one cares. This is offcial stuff and not a shop
>>
>>63576527
This.
I just want it to be good so I don't have to see /tv/ threads every fucking day about it.
>>
>>63576527
False. It will fall flat because the hype was unmatchable. I bet it comes out pretty good, but is regarded as a disappointment
>>
The worse it is the greater the chance there is for a new Plinkett review. So I want it to be a fucking trainwreck.
>>
>>63576295
no, i don't care about star wars but i feel for its fans that got raped with the prequels

that being said i can't stand the circlejerk MUH STAR WARS I'M SUCH A NERD we're about to have soon
>>
>>63576295
I don't necessarily want it to be bad, I just really don't want it be 'meh'. Anything would be better than that.

If it's great I'll be happy because, well finally a good SW movie.

If it's awful, at the very least the memes will flow and bring us alternative enjoyment of it, and it won't feel like it came and went like nothing.

If it's just ok, it will feel like we've wasted years of our lives. So I guess I kind of do hope it's bad in a way, more so than I hope it's OK.
>>
>>63576295
>Do you WANT it to be bad?
>Are you so cynical and jaded

one of the main likely causes of it being bad is that it is being made by a cynical, jaded company. currently the realistic view of Star Wars is to go "well the OT were good but what's the point of expecting anyone to recapture the magic" - the idealism is vested in something that deserved it.

so you are defending exactly what you want to believe you're against.
>>
>>63576582
A Plinkett review probably wouldn't come out until it hit DVD, so you'd be waiting a while.
>>
>>63576295
I want for 97% of people to hate it so I can be a contrarian and love it on my own, like I do with RotS.
>>
>>63576615
The only other option is that there isn't one at all so I can wait.
>>
>>63576295
I want it to be just like the Dark Knight Rises
>>
>>63576723

>It's true, all of it
>The flight plan, the big guy

Tbh I think it has the potential.
>>
>>63576583

>rape

Over-dramatic idiot.
>>
>>63576295
No, I want it to be good but I just don't trust Disney or Abrams enough to presume that it will be. I'm cynical and jaded not because I enjoy it, but because I've been burned by movies that I wanted to be good before, three Star Wars movies in a row included.
>>
>>63576295
I want it either to be awesome or horrible nothing in between. If it's awesome well StarWars is alive - if it's horrible I will get another Plinkett review.
>>
>>63577094
Lmao you're not getting shit fãm
>>
>>63577094
Disney will shut Plinkett down hard.
>>
>remake of the first one
>looks like a television show
>disney
>disney wanted it out as soon as they got the rights
>marvel formula wanted
>JJ
>forced bob fett character instead of a natural one
>looks like star wars for the capeshit generation
Its going to be shit
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.