[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Janeway did LITERALLY nothing wrong.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 8
File: tuvix_649[1].jpg (70 KB, 692x530) Image search: [Google]
tuvix_649[1].jpg
70 KB, 692x530
Janeway did LITERALLY nothing wrong.
>>
>>63576190

I suppose you think erasing a word with a pencil eraser is murder, too?
>>
>>63576165

Tuvix's birth was an act of God (that is, an "accident" that Humanity had no part in aside from being the vessel). Tuvix's murder was a conscious decision by humanity.

Murder is wrong. Being born on accident is not a crime worthy of murder.

End of story. Janeway should be court marshalled and put on trial for murder.
>>
>>63576165

The thing I liked about this episode was how they showed Tuvix as being better than Tuvak and Neelix in their respective professions, like that has any importance in whether or not he be kept alive.
>>
>watching Voyager
>>
First there were two beings. By sheer luck, they both combined into a single sentient being which contained the shared consciousness of the both. The two beings are then separated again, returning to their original forms. Nothing was lost or gained in the process; no life, no body, not a single atom. Tuvix's reaction is the same reaction either one would have had, were they to be (singularly) in the same situation. What's more, if you let Tuvix live, you could argue that you are then instead erasing the life of two individuals (which existed by default), rather than one. Janeway made the correct choice. I wasn't murder. The situation is far to complex anyway, for such a simple term to be applied anyway.
>>
File: evilVoy.jpg (66 KB, 500x376) Image search: [Google]
evilVoy.jpg
66 KB, 500x376
Is there a more reddit thing than hating Based Insaneway?
>>
>>63577587
best episode
>>
literally best decision
>>
File: st crossfire_011.jpg (75 KB, 705x530) Image search: [Google]
st crossfire_011.jpg
75 KB, 705x530
>90% of VOY was filler episodes
>>
>>63579482
>90% of DS9 is pew pew boom actionbabby-bait
>>
>separate Tuvok and Neelix
>reconstitute Tuvix from transporter trace
or
>leave Tuvix alone
>reconstitute Tuvok and Neelix from transporter trace
Why didn't she even consider these options
>>
>>63579482
>90% of DS9 is MAH OCCUPATION! MAH PROPHETS! MAH BAJOR!
>>
File: fresh bread.jpg (237 KB, 884x917) Image search: [Google]
fresh bread.jpg
237 KB, 884x917
>take clone sample from tuvix
>clone him
>then seperate him
>>
captains being evil general?

remember when t'pol was addicted to space crack and archer failed to negotiate for a warp coil so he just stole it and condemned another ship's entire crew to death
>>
File: agnostic.jpg (40 KB, 479x720) Image search: [Google]
agnostic.jpg
40 KB, 479x720
>>63579635
>trying to riposte with 4th-grade level insults

>>63579742
>confirmed DS9 fan trying to fuel the fire
>>
>>63579691
The transporter deus-ex-machinas were never consistent. Scotty going into statis for decades via transporter, and Riker getting cloned were presented as miracles even though they should be replicatable.
>>
>>63579809
>defending DS9
Salutations, reddit!
>>
>>63579691
Transporters are weird. Sometimes you can use an old patter to restore a person who hyperevolved into a salamander and sometimes you can't or something.
>>
>>63579844
Oh snap, the memes burn hard!
>>
File: 1441485296519.jpg (11 KB, 183x200) Image search: [Google]
1441485296519.jpg
11 KB, 183x200
>>63579844
>literally ANYONE defending VOY not ironically
>not placing VOY at the fucking bottom of any ST list

Holy shit, triggered me.
>>
>>63579960
DS9 > TNG > ENT > VOY > TOS

I mean, VOY was shit most of the time but TOS was just fucking boring.
>>
>>63579809
I am star trek fan bottom line. But i hated all that Bajor shit.
>>
>>63576165
tuvix, neelix and tuvok were all shit characters. she should've pretended it failed and transported him into space
>>
>>63580010
lol
>>
>>63576430
its just to remove the "hurrr janeway is just self interested" thought that would occur to everyone otherwise.
>>
>>63580005
Anti-DS9 thread. Yawn.

Time to make a new one.
>>
>>63577451

Whether or not its murder relies entirely on Federation Law - which we don't know. The definition of murder isn't really debatable. Its defined as the unlawful cessation of another creatures life span against its will (this is why soldiers kill, but don't murder, unless they act against the law in combat).

Ifs difficult to believe that this killing could be specifically considered lawful under Federation law, mostly because its such a fucking weird scenario. But i'd still choose to call it justifiable homicide. Space is so fucking weird that captains are going to have considerable leeway over what they do with killing creatures.

There's no correct choice, personally id have left the guy alive because Tuvok and Neelix were dead the moment they stepped into a machine that ripped them atom from atom - it doesn't matter that the clones didn't come out the other side. But i cant call Janeyway's choice wrong.

Really it just points out how nonsensical the teleporter is. Why couldn't they just give the thing more power and have it produce all three? Theyre just electrical signals and energy.
>>
>>63580002

Do you think it might have been boring because you'd already seen those plots a dozen times over in other star treks and other shows?

Calling TOS boring is like calling Shakespeare boring. While it might be to you, its because its the grandaddy for half your entertainment (in Shakespeares case, its the grandaddy for all your entertainment) so it can't really be judged properly anymore. At the time it was revolutionary.
>>
>>63576403

this
>>
TOS > TNG > Voyager > DS9 > TAS >Enterprise

If you think DS9 was better than voyager you are a pleb
>>
File: kyubey.png (78 KB, 492x491) Image search: [Google]
kyubey.png
78 KB, 492x491
>>63580134

> Pro Star-Trek thread.
> Pro DS9 thread.
> Pick one.

People who like star trek don't like DS9. People who like DS9 should probably just watch Babylon 5, otherwise known as 'DS9 if it had had the balls to try and be it's own damn franchise'.
>>
>>63580626

You seem to be lacking Faith Of The Heart, anon.
>>
>>63580662
don't fucking tell me what I do and don't like faggot!
>>
>>63579753
>>63579753
>>63579753
>>
File: Riker_destroys_clone.jpg (636 KB, 1456x1080) Image search: [Google]
Riker_destroys_clone.jpg
636 KB, 1456x1080
>>63579753
>implying clones are wanted or tolerated
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.