[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this the ultimate 2deep4u war film?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3
File: The_Thin_Red_Line_Poster.jpg (93 KB, 299x400) Image search: [Google]
The_Thin_Red_Line_Poster.jpg
93 KB, 299x400
Is this the ultimate 2deep4u war film?
>>
it wasn't even that deep
just a great mfilm
>>
>>63575870
It's just a good solid piece of cinema.
>>
malick's masturbatory flicks could hardly ever be considered "films"
>>
Quite shit desu familiano
>>
>>63575870
It was deep, but like a quiet limpid ocean. Everyone can dive in it and navigate it and it remains satisfying for everyone.
>>
>>63575870
It was great https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2wL9AawlDA
>>
>implying it's about war
>>
>>63575870
this is why we need /film/
>>
File: the tree of life brad pitt.jpg (179 KB, 1216x517) Image search: [Google]
the tree of life brad pitt.jpg
179 KB, 1216x517
>EOS RHODODACTYLOS
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>63575870
>The Thin Red Meme
This flick was created, written, and directed by effeminate men who know next to nothing about combat and is worshiped by plebs who have never served a day in combat.
>>
>>63576853
Who gives a fuck, it's not a instructive documentary for soldiers on how to into war. What a retarded opinion.
>>
It's funny how much people compared it to Saving Private Ryan, when they're pretty much polar opposites tailored to different audiences.
>>
>>63577011
It's not quite as retarded as your grammar.
>>
the words 'flick' and 'malick' should never appear in the same thread

seriously, if you've seen a malick film and thought it was "pretentious", or "2deep4u", do yourself and everyone else a favor and off yourself because you are the world's leading exporter of turbopleb
>>
>>63577134
>>>/polit/
>>
>>63577092
As Kermode called it, "saving Private Ryan, for clever people"
>>
>hang out with muh native friends
>go to war
>come back and native friends hate me
>kill self

it's a good film, but what's not to get?
>>
>>63576853
>This flick was created, written, and directed by effeminate men

>One story from these early days was offered by Martin Sheen, who detailed a fight Malick had with his producer. "Terry beat the hell out of him," Sheen says. "In true Texas style - he was so Texas. Didn't even hesitate, just started swinging. Terry just whupped him. If more directors would beat up their producers, we'd have a lot more artistic freedom."
>>
>>63577200
But some of his movies ARE pretentious. The first half of The New World is PAINFUL. When he's good, he's really really good. But anytime else, it's just drivel.
>>
File: look who showed up.jpg (23 KB, 598x399) Image search: [Google]
look who showed up.jpg
23 KB, 598x399
>>63577200
>>
>>63577276
>implying pretentious= bad
the pleb infestation has become this bad, /film/ when?
>>
Fell asleep twice watching this. It was so boring it woke me up then sent me off again.

Thats talent.
>>
>>63577247
it's interesting that saving private ryan is the anchor for that remark, rather than it being "saving private ryan is the thin red line for dumb people"
>>
>>63577898
Usually in these kinds of comparisons, you say that the less well known thing is the more well known thing for a specific audience.
>>
Has anyone seen The Better Angels? The guy who made it was Malick's apprentice. It's pretentious and shit
>>
>>63576301
I think they ware in theater next to Jurassic Park, so they probably encountered few pterodactyls while flying in huey's
>>
>>63578081
>this is considered a funny post on reddi/tv/
>>
>>63576853

>he doesn't realize the draft hasn't been in effect for decades and still proudly admits he enlisted
>>
>>63577092

They came out at almost the same time.

I remember them both playing in my movie theater, and thinking TRL was so boring compared to SPR.

Years later I re-watched both and realized just how stupidly wrong my middle school self was.

Even if you watch The Thin Red Line on mute and just forget about all the rambling narration (not that I'm complaining about it, but people do) it'd still be a better film than Saving Private Ryan.
>>
>>63575870
Malick's ultimate dadflick
>>
>>63575870
it's not deep

it's really straight forward
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.