[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What /pol/, I mean /tv/, thinks about Inglourious Basterds?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 94
Thread images: 11
File: basterds-fix.jpg (243 KB, 620x375) Image search: [Google]
basterds-fix.jpg
243 KB, 620x375
What /pol/, I mean /tv/, thinks about Inglourious Basterds?

I could watch nazis getting killed all day. Very satisfying movie.
>>
>>63575677
The opening scene is one of the best scenes in all of cinema. The rest of the movie is pretty good as well (if a little boring), but that opening scene is fucking fantastic
>>
>>63575677
Hello Reddit!
>>
File: eli-roth.png (233 KB, 295x592) Image search: [Google]
eli-roth.png
233 KB, 295x592
>>63575677
D R O P P E D
>>
>>63575677

>le ebul nazis!!! XD
>>
>>63575677
>I think this just my be my masterpiece

The absolute madman. xDDD
>>
>>63575731

this 2bh

that scene was great
>>
>>63576062
Are you trying to say that /tv/ isn't /pol/'s backyard?
>>
I'm a /pol/ tard white surpremicist neo-nazi and this is one of my favourite flicks. Come the fuck on faggots it's a great gay old time.
>>
>>63575802
>He didn't actually watch the movie

the whole movie is a condemnation of how society glorifies violence as long as it's against the "right" people. The Germans are more or less depicted as honorable people just doing their jobs while the Jews are violent sadists who butcher people with glee
>>
>Nazis are shown as extremely intelligent
>Nazis are shown with bravery
>Nazis are shown with comradery and loyalty
>Nazis are shown with politeness and class

>Jews are shown as vicious and violent
>Jews are shown as rude and rejecting
>Jews are shown as heartless, murdering soldiers while they are at a local pub, or several hundred civilians at a theater

>People think this is an anti-nazi movie
>>
File: 1409158785744.jpg (15 KB, 385x196) Image search: [Google]
1409158785744.jpg
15 KB, 385x196
>>63576408
>>63576320
>>
>>63575731
Opening scene, and the basement bar scene, both great. Rest of the movie, not so great. I did find this >>63576320 pretty funny, but so much of the movie fell flat for me.
>>
>>63576320
sounds like it is a reflection on reality as well, but probably not intentional.
>>
@63575745
fuck off

You don't even deserve a (You)
>>
File: 1447785524908.jpg (21 KB, 415x302) Image search: [Google]
1447785524908.jpg
21 KB, 415x302
>>63576311
>I'm a /pol/ tard white surpremicist neo-nazi
lad...
>>
>>63575677
Fassbender once again lifts the whole movie.
>>
>>63576540
No dude, it was entirely intentional

Hitler and the Nazis laughing when Frederick Zoller guns down Americans is a deliberate reflection of the reaction Americans are having watching the movie where Jews butcher the Germans

Despite the "spaghetti western in WWII" and exploitation stuff on the surface there's a LOT going on in Inglourious Basterds.
>>
>>63575677
I think it's a bit unrealistic, especially the bear Jew scene. I'm pretty sure I could disarm the kike and bash his skull in. And why not? They're going to kill you anyways
>>
>>63576320

This.

>>63575677

It's pretty great. I don't want to say flawless, but it's real difficult to find much fault with it.
>>
>THE BEAR JEW
>>
>>63576644

But muh Tarantula

muh memes

>>63576646

It's about honor man. The officer faced his death with dignity, despite dying in an undignified fashion. Contrasting the Americans.
>>
>>63576704
That's true, real bravery on his part.
>>
>>63576320

This, but I think neonazis miss the point and think its some sort of secret pro nazi movie. They arent "good guys" in the movie, they are just people. Thats why Shoshana has that sad look on her face right after she shoots Fredrick. Even though he was this egomaniac, annoying, nazi, he was still just this nice kid at his core who she would have probably liked a lot if the political circumstances were different
>>
File: basterds.jpg (232 KB, 1892x1175) Image search: [Google]
basterds.jpg
232 KB, 1892x1175
>>
>>63576644
Didn't even think of it like that. Obviously the movie is making fun of nationalistic pride like in this scene:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=isVwqPyxLM8

Eli Roth looks like a complete fool at the end. Damn dude, you might be on to something. Why do people think Tarantino is such a base director? This movie is like Starship Troopers. To your pleb audience, it's an awesome movie. To a person who wants to think and enjoy something, it's an awesome movie.
>>
File: basterds2.jpg (446 KB, 2100x2516) Image search: [Google]
basterds2.jpg
446 KB, 2100x2516
>>63576802
>>
>>63576320
I would probably agree with this if the director wasn't kuckold-dino
>>
>>63575677
The basterds killing natzees comprised like 10% of the movie. You either didn't watch it or were fucking around on your phone during the whole thing. The main character was Shoshana and the antagonist Landa. The basterds were just accessories.
The bear jew was just cringeworthy, also.
>>
>>63575745
>the bear jew is played by a jew
>dropped
You're just violently retarded, aren't you?
>>
>>63576842

This.
>>
File: audie-murphy.jpg (45 KB, 310x413) Image search: [Google]
audie-murphy.jpg
45 KB, 310x413
>>63576827
>>63576802
>>63576777

Its also interesting that in the original script, Zoller had his big sniper battle in Moscow, but it was changed to Italy and against US soldiers.

I think this was done to make the metaness even more and to parallell it with real life in the case of Audie Murphy. Both were these nice unassuming kids who ended up being these badass warheros to a point where the government made a movie about them, STARRING them as themselves.
>>
>>63576827
When you guys first saw this, did anyone else think the "movie" Shoshana was making was going to be her fucking the black dude? She would piss everyone off in the theater, and then burn it down.

I was pretty disappointed.
>>
>>63576062
It's hilarious to watch the hick fucks from stormblr come in here and pretend they always had ownership of the site. It's hilarious to think what kind of ghetto-rigged computers from the Clinton era they might be using to post their cranial diarrhea.
>>
File: 1449841064021.jpg (99 KB, 659x659) Image search: [Google]
1449841064021.jpg
99 KB, 659x659
>>63576802
>>63576827
HIGH POTTERY LEVELS
>>
My favorite Tarantino movie Tbh
>>
>>63576936

im no kek who enjoys women rebelling by sleeping with colored men.
>>
>>63576646
>I'm pretty sure I could disarm the kike and bash his skull in.
Been in over 500 street fights, haven't we?
>>
>>63575677
I know Hollywood loves to pander to jewish victimhood but why was there so little jewish resistance in WW2? Seriously, 9 million were rounded up and there was no major backlash, no jewish army, they just took it like cowards. No matter how hard films like Defiance and the above attempt to change that narrative they can't hide from the uncomfortable truth
>>
>>63576931
Never put Audie Murphy & Frederick Zoller together, good point.
>>
>>63576842
>>63576910
What does that have to do with the movie itself? You sound mentally challenged.
>>
File: snipers.png (266 KB, 837x306) Image search: [Google]
snipers.png
266 KB, 837x306
>>63576931

and people also missed the point when American Sniper came out. Nations Pride was basically and Inglorious Bastards, but for Germany in that films universe.

People probably dont remember, but it was marketed as this nazi bloodbath movie, where hundreds of them would be getting #rekt by these jews as a revenge fantasy thing. There was even a poster with Brad Pitt standing on a mountain of dead nazis, but it ended up being a "talkie" more than anything.

A lot of people were disappointed that they were reading subtitles more than seeing violence. But Nations Pride was what they expected. An audience of people cheering and laughing as a proud German soldier mows down rows and rows of Americans.

So if you laughed at American Sniper and compared it to NAtions Pride, but laughed and/or cheered as the bear jew smashed in that guys head, then Im sorry, but youre a dummy who didnt get it.
>>
>>63577057
Look at how hopelessly retarded this inbred cunt is, discussing his ill-conceived political bullshit on a thread about film. It's mind-boggling to think how he manages to breathe on his own.
Shit, he even posted one of his /pol/ infographics for added effect.
>>
>>63576820
>whatd ya get that for, killing jews?
>bravery

godlike
>>
>>63577021
They were a minority, and it was gradual change and deceit. They didn't know that those trains would lead to prisons and death camps.

There were over 3 million slaves in the south, too in the 19th century. Most of those slaves were extremely fit, however they didn't rebel.

Holocaust denial is silly. Why would they lie about it? Why would you care? Israel? It's funny, the rights are the people denying the holocaust, but the rights are also the same people who hate muslims and Hamas.
>>
I liked the first part with the jew hunting Nazi. I hated the rest.
It was a mash up of a movie.
>>
>>63577106
>People probably dont remember, but it was marketed as this nazi bloodbath movie, where hundreds of them would be getting #rekt by these jews as a revenge fantasy thing.
The trailer did paint it as an action movie starring Brad Pitt, but most of your post is incorrect.
>>
>>63577021
Well it wasn't like they going to get killed or anything.
>>
>>63577189
>but most of your post is incorrect.

Which parts?
>>
>>63577189
>but most of your post is incorrect.

like which parts?
>>
>>63577150
>Holocaust denial is silly. Why would they lie about it?
It sort of is, considering most of the reports came from russians steamrolling through nazi-occupied territories. What's debatable are those ridicuous fucking numbers, they just scream war propaganda and seem to have no basis in reality.
>>
>>63577219
>y-you're triggered...p-please be triggered
You're too inbred and retarded to be posting here. Go fetch that roadkill for dinner, Billy-bob. It's getting late and your mom/sister won't fuck you if you return empty handed.
>>
>>63577021

Not to mention that Jews themselves ran the camps (under German guard).

Which is hilarious because the Nuremberg trials executed Germans for "just following orders" but Jews did the EXACT SAME THING and no one blinks an eye.
>>
>>63577057
I against nazis hurting jews

....Niggers like you on the other hand....
>>
>>63575677
>What /pol/, I mean /tv/, thinks about Inglourious Basterds?

Why do mods allow this garbage bait on /tv/ but delete actress threads?
>>
>>63577058
le uno farto black male thing meme
lehe...memes
>>
>>63577236
The recount of the ads for the movie. It was never even implied that hundreds of germans got killed by the basterds in the movie, it looked like a guerrilla type of ordeal.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6AtLlVNsuAc
Still, it was misleading and amazing. He tricked a ton of people wanting to see an action movie into watching a character-driven, dialogue heavy one.
>>
>>63577288
Sonderkommandos didn't "run the camps", they were used for menial disposal duties

and it's not like they had a choice in the matter
>>
>>63577279
my god this is brilliantly snarky and the wittiest post I have seen in a long time
>>
>>63576471

Fucking this.

Those two scenes were legitimately great, the rest of the film was tremendously mediocre and this film gets way more praise than it deserves.

Also as a History buff the fact they kill Hitler in the film just annoyed the fuck out of me. They could have easily just made up some fictional Nazi general to be the target of their operation, but no, Quentin just couldn't resist the chance to kill Hitler in one of his films.
>>
>>63577288
They weren't actually killing people though (at least from what I'm aware). Not only that, but there were a lot of psychological games being played there. Granted there was a lot of social pressure within the nazi party to hate Jews, many people took it to heart and did hate Jews. Most of the people that were executed in the Nuremberg trials were the more notorious and hateful people. Your standard nazi soldier or nazi guard really didn't get anything.
>>
>>63577331
Amazing comeback, thank God we have posters like you leading the board.
>>
>>63577288

I've seen a lot of revisionist history but holy smokes. What the fuck is wrong with you?
>>
>>63577021
They weren't a nation state, you moron.
They considered themselves Germans, Polish, etc.
This idea of a Jewish hivemind is just /pol/ leaking and derailing again.
>>
File: 1395698634501.jpg (8 KB, 235x249) Image search: [Google]
1395698634501.jpg
8 KB, 235x249
>>63577219
>this inarticulate cunt
You ought to find another place to be what you are, please leave.
>>
>>63577354

Sonderkommandos were just one part. Jews did most of the day-to-day work in the camps.

>>63577381

That's wrong though. In the 1980s an elderly German who worked as a CHEF at a camp was extradited from the US and convicted and executed. Can't remember his name at the moment.

People are STILL hunting down and prosecuting any Germans who had anything to do with camps, whether or not they did actual killing.
>>
I think Quinty boy must have spent a decade writing that opening scene.
>>
>>63577378
>but no, Quentin just couldn't resist the chance to kill Hitler in one of his films.

Well it's more about the shit like audiences cheering for the death of some people and not for others. Read the thread holmes.
>>
>>63577394
>They considered themselves Germans, Polish, etc.

bahahaha, don't you have a baby's dick to be sucking shlomo?
>>
>>63577459
> In the 1980s an elderly German who worked as a CHEF at a camp was extradited from the US and convicted and executed.

Please back up your shit with sources, and not vague news stories. Was he actually convicted at Nuremberg? Simply being a nazi was not a crime, and only a handful of people were tried for warcrimes.
>>
>>63577459
>Jews did most of the day-to-day work in the camps.

No shit?
>>
>>63577459
>People are STILL hunting down and prosecuting any Germans who had anything to do with camps, whether or not they did actual killing.
the world's most kind and ethical people are hounding old men into their graves? why i never...
>>
>>63577528
chaim's got to get his gold back somehow
>>
>>63577487
Such an eloquent rebuttal.
>>
muslims are a far bigger threat to Europe than the kikes ever were

movies like this seem pointless now. every 'glorious moment in european history' doesn't mean shit anymore
>their descendants are SJWs who line the streets to welcome in muslim hordes who will desecrate everything that first world country was built on
>>
>>63577507

>the first and last time they were in the working class

get rekt goyim
>>
>>63577569
Oh man, we're meant to rebut unsubstantiated shitposts now? Guess I didn't get the memo
>>
>>63575745
As if it took wikipedia to know a guy named Eli Roth was Jewish.
>>
>>63577577
I love how jewish journalists and politicians are lining up to criticise Trump for proposing the same immigration policies Israel has, I wonder why they never do the same for Israel :/
>>
There is a little fascist in all of us with how we organize everything that falls within the realm of our gaze into consciousness.
>>
>>63576311
someone took /pol/ a bit too seriously I see...
>>
>>63577686
>Words that technically form a sentence but mean literally nothing
>>
>>63577501

For the life of me I can't remember the name of him, I'm looking. He lived in Florida and was extradited to Ukraine I believe, to be executed.

But you can find all sorts of cases where peopled are still being tried: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Demjanjuk#Death_and_posthumous_appeal_to_restore_US_citizenship
>>
>>63577691
This desu, /pol/ only pretends blacks are uncivilized, savage, uncultured animals, deep down we all know they are a productive ethnic group that has contributed heavily to the sciences, arts and literature of the western world
>>
File: K91yJF.gif (1 MB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
K91yJF.gif
1 MB, 320x180
>>63577691

>/pol/ is satire meme
>>
>>63577394
The majority of Eastern European Jews definitely were considered their own distinctive ethnic group, with their own language and communities. There were assimilated ones, especially in the larger cities, but overall they weren't the majority.
>>
>>63577394
>it's a JIDF tries to retcon history episode
>>
>>63577021
>9 million
>>
>>63577752

Absolutely. Who could forget great contributions such as Cornelius Zephaniah Jnr III's great 1978 classic "WE WUZ KANGZ"
>>
>>63577686

If you don't want the world shaped to your ideals then you're either suicidal or a retard.
>>
>>63577021

There was the Warsaw uprising, but mostly Jews are weak and timid people who avoid violence and would get their asses kicked anyway, so it's not like they could do anything.
>>
>>63578145

Most of them wouldn't leave though. They had chances to leave in the 1920-30s but wouldn't leave because they would have to give up their money. Basically it was their money or their life, and they chose to die rather than part with their shekels.
>>
>>63578132
I don't mind dying. I'm more afraid of failing to kill myself and having to live in an even worse state. Because things can always get worse.
>>
>>63578132
more...

Your ideals are the ideals you've been born into. This is what being a feminist means to me: giving women the audience to fashion the world to their ideals.
Thread replies: 94
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.