[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do astronauts really talk like this?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 4
Do astronauts really talk like this?
>>
>>63573835
Don't know, but it's certainly not physically impossible. Movies are about hypothetical realities.
>>
what movie is this?
>>
who cares? these flicks are made exclusively for redditors
>>
>>63573934
martian
>>
>>63573835
How do you think retards who allow themselves to be put into flimsy capsule and be launched into vacuum at few supersound velocities actually talk?
>>
>>63573955
nice dobs 4chan
>>
>>63573955
>muh reddit boogeyman
grow up
>>
>>63573974
dude it's like for the sake of humanity XD
>>
Have astronauts really gone to Mars?
>>
>>63573835
I bet some do. Haven't you seen that meme astronaut on the space station that does i fucking love science-level experiments?
>>
>>63573835
If you really want to know, you can ask an astronaut on Reddit.
>>
>>63573998
This is literally reddit the movie
>>
>>63573974
i always assumed astronauts would be proffesional and manage to keep a cool head in a dangerous situations.
Thats why i am taken aback when hollywood portrays them as a bunch of annoying cunts who cant control their emotions
>>
>>63573998
Reddit's a shitty website full of people to pat themselves on the back and smell their own farts. And they like Bernie Sanders.
>>
>>63574047
stay calm and just piss in your pants
>>
>>63574047
Sorry to say this, but event astronauts have sense of humor. So yes, they are literally Reddit and you must hate them.
>>
>>63573835
No, but Rabbit does.
>>
>>63574047
>I haven't seen the film lol XD
>>
>>63573835
Yes anon, all astronauts behave EXACTLY like Hollywood portraits them. There are no protocols and they are just as inmature as the audience that watches them in a theater.
>>
>>63574069
lol it's true
>>
>>63574012
>>63573974
wow now astronauts are bad ? ive always heard of you 4chan thugs but thats too much
>>
>>63574112
but why, for example, does he react so unprofessional when nasa tells him that they havent informed his crew yet that he is still alive. I dont really understand why it upsets him in the first place
>>
>>63574047
yes but they need to act this way for cheap laughs and drama in movies for the braindead masses to pay up
>>
>>63574143
yeah they waste moneys on stupid piloted exploration instead of glorious robotic space probes
>>
File: duckchild.jpg (76 KB, 500x464) Image search: [Google]
duckchild.jpg
76 KB, 500x464
>>63574069
not op but i've been on 4chan since ytmnd mattered

bet you dont even know what the fuck that is

i like bernie sanders
>>
was he supposed to pray to the invisible sky wizard and ask for a miracle?
>>
>>63574143
Astronomers is where it's at, astronauts are just glory seeking attention whores.
>>
>>63574214
Do you have a point? Defending some shitty website isn't justified because you've spent a lot of time on a slightly less shitty website.
>>
>>63574214
>muh politics

What a waste of mental energy
>>
>>63574214

tyrone pls

stop being a communist
>>
Modern astronauts are less dry x Air Force professionals and more MIt SJW hires so they'd probably talk like this
>>
>>63574069

who doesn't smell their own farts, pleb?
>>
>>63574214
>Pats himself on the back AND expresses his support for Sanders
>Literally embodies every point anon was making about leddit

Maybe Reddit isn't the worst, but I'll never find out because people like you insist on making it sound like it is.
>>
>>63574472
>>63574269

this is proof that reddit haters on 4chan are literally mentally challenged autists. you entirely missed the point of my post - notice how there's a complete absence of any mention of reddit? yet you are all here still hammering out "REDDIT REDDIT REDDIT"

jesus fuck. no i don't go on that site but just know they're not the ones ruining 4chan it's shitheads like you.

>>63574305
this guy got it.
>>
File: wheredoyouthinkwearebigguy.jpg (279 KB, 1067x800) Image search: [Google]
wheredoyouthinkwearebigguy.jpg
279 KB, 1067x800
>>63574069
Look around you, do you really think 4chan posters are any better human beings?
>>
>>63574672
>notice how there's a complete absence of any mention of reddit?
You don't have to mention it. You're defending it while embodying all the criticisms people have about the site. It's clear you browse Reddit.
>>
>>63573835

>I am going to have to Reddit the shit out of this !!

What did he mean buy this?
>>
>>63574374
/thread

NASA has become a fucking joke and I'm glad their budget keeps getting slashed.
>>
>>63574728
Nope. But at least here you can express unpopular viewpoints without disappearing in a torrent of downvotes. If 4chan were more like reddit, your post wouldn't even appear right now. Why support that kind of shit?
>>
>>63574672
>I just raped this kid, but notice how there's an absence of me proclaiming that I raped the kid?
>>
>>63574760
>all the criticisms people have about the site
what criticisms
>>
/tv/ is literally reddit: the imageboard
>>
>>63574809
Posts don't disappear after being downvoted on Reddit.
>>
>>63574867
>Self-congratulatory
>Meme politics
>>
>>63574913
The default view certainly isn't controversial.
>>
>>63574913

bonjour reddit!
>>
>>63574913

Regardless, the fact that downvoting and upvoting exists will forever make reddit shit.
>>
>>63574672
The Reddit is immunized against all dangers: one may call him a faggot, kek, swindler, shill, it all runs off him like water off a raincoat.
>>
>>63574986
So what if it's default? You can change it.
>>
>>63575032
but say to him Hi Leddit and you will be surprised to see how he recoils, how injured he is, how he suddenly shrinks back: I've been found out
>>
ITT reddit experts.
>>
>>63575208
you have to be
>>
You become an astronaut by exceeding 100 km altitude. In this elite you find astronauts and the equally cryogenic grade cool Blackbird pilots.

Brian Shul wrote an autobiography of his life as a "sled driver" and this chapter from his book explains how and indeed why they exude extreme coolness:
http://www.jumbojoke.com /the_king_of_speed.html

In case you doubt this story you can find him telling the story on YouTube.
>>
>>63573835
>science the shit out of this
>engineers it
senpai
>>
/r/ing the Seth Roger shop where the poster says something like 'BRING WEED LMAO'
>>
>>63575034
There should be no weighting of posts. If you honestly can't fathom why many of us have a problem with that, then fuck back off to Reddit. Posting a funny maymay should NOT get you more upboats than an unpopular legitimate response.
>>
>>63576395
I only read posts with at least three upquotes.
>>
>>63576395
I guess that's why the quality of posting here is so high. Because the system works so great.
>>
>>63573835
Astronauts don't talk because there's no sound in space lol
>>
>>63573835
this was the most cringe worthy quote from all the 52 cringe worthy quotes of the film
>>
watch nasa tv and find out

but your answer is

yes, actually

>grumpy smelly scott kelly stuck in space for a year
>>
>>63576447
You don't see the benefit of allowing every shitty post to be given the same weight as every quality post? That's fine. But do realize that most people on 4chan do, and that it's a basic part of the 2ch model.
>>
>>63574047
Have you seen Chris Hadfield? Dude is like reddit made flesh.
>>
>>63576574
Yeah. And the one where he says something like "total amount of sol per 25 hours is too long to say so I´ll just call it pirate ninja. Christ
>>
this line is the only thing that makes me not want to watch the movie
>>
>>63578303
There's more than just that one line, like the pirate ninja bullshit
>>
>>63575208
>reddit is bad
hello reddit
Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.