[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I fucking hate Capeshit
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: TNBoys50CovA.jpg (36 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
TNBoys50CovA.jpg
36 KB, 320x240
Is it wishful thinking to think there will ever be a movie based on this?
>>
>>63573234

Let's see how the Preacher TV series does first.

Garth Ennis said most of what he had to say that was worth saying in Preacher, anyhow.
>>
>>63573277
I always felt like The Boys was a subtle dig at Hollywood megastars/sports celebrities as well.
>>
>>63573234
Not likely. Nobody wants to admit the unfortunate consequences of capes running around willy nilly, fucking things to death and accidentally murdering bystanders.
>>
>>63573234

I want it too, but after what they've done to Preacher, I don't trust anyone with Ennis now.
>>
>>63573277
Ennis also said that Billy is the best character he's ever created.
>>
>>63573234
>LEL capes butt fucking little boys and shoving hamsters up their ass

its so edgysuperdark it would just get the Wanted treatment and be made something that doesn't even resemble the original.
>>
>>63574056

Best case scenario: they drop the "superheroes living the hollywood life in private" crap and focus on the plot of The Boys doing what they can to stop Vought American from getting their man as president and take over the department of defense. With some superhero fights along the way.
>>
>>63573234
Well, Ennis probably hoped to build a franchise out of it, what with hughie looking exactly like Simon Pegg and all. I'm thinking no, but I guess we could get a sanitized version at some point, like we're getting with Preacher.
>>
>>63573277
>Garth Ennis said most of what he had to say that was worth saying in Preacher, anyhow.
That doesn't explain Punisher MAX, Fury MAX and Hitman, which were all brilliant.
>>
>>63574985

A Hitman series could be good.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.