[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>9 golden globe nominations >91 critic rating on metacritic
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 143
Thread images: 13
File: 10702c7e.jpg (547 KB, 658x975) Image search: [Google]
10702c7e.jpg
547 KB, 658x975
>9 golden globe nominations
>91 critic rating on metacritic

Is this really THAT good?
>>
POO
>>
विष्ठा के लिए अधिकृत सड़कें
>>
>>63572422
This show is fucking dogshit

The acting is atrocious and it isn't funny in the least

I can't even tell if it's supposed to be funny
>>
DESIGNATED
>>
SHITTING
it's a 7/10 famm
>>
Nah man
>>
>It's an Aziz shits in the street again episode
>>
DESIGNATED
>>
It's a 7/10, pretty interesting.

But yes, the acting was atrocious and really took me out of it sometimes. Aziz' mother was sooooooo bad.
>>
>>63572461
Dude it's like a 4/10

It's garbage
>>
DESIGNATED
>>
>>63572502
How can you rank it a 7/10 with acting that bad?
>>
>>63572478
kek
>>
>>63572544
Because the story was good and directing was top tier and the main characters were ok actors.
>>
It's literally bad. It's not funny or interesting at all and the acting is fucking atrocious. The editing is terrible too.
>>
>>63572502

That lesbian bitch was just as bad. Holy fuck she was horrible.
>>
File: 1439060455124.jpg (585 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1439060455124.jpg
585 KB, 1920x1080
>Live from the designaged shitting streets, it's Aziz Ansari

CLEAN WESTERN TOILETS

>BOOOOO
>GET OUT OF TOWN

INDIAN SHITTING FIELDS

>applause

KILL THE WHITE MAN AND TAKE HIS DAUGHTERS TO THE DESIGNATED SHITTING STREET

>crowd goes wild

So I was at wal mart and I needed ro release

>crowd giggles with anticipation

So I went to the back where I saw the restrooms. Needless to say, I was greeted to a clean western toilet.

Of course they don't expect me to release THERE.

>laughter gets heaver and heaver over time

So, I went to the truck loading zone and poped a squat and shat all over the place

>crowd erupts with laughter which makes Yankee Stadium sound like a whisper

I was in India and saw a women using a clean western toilet. Me and my buddies Kayne West and Drake raped her with a rebar and threw her body in the ganges

>crown starts laughing and shitting in the isle
>>
Haven't seen it
>>
>>63572422
no
but it's good enough to be a shoe-in so the globes and emmys don't look all racist and shit

>>63572446
Also, true.
I'll add, the show is written well in terms of talking about social issues but other than that the plots and story arcs are fucking horrendous. The acting is subpar dogshit. The jokes almost all land flat--nothing laugh out loud. It's only slightly amusing. I really want to emphasize that the acting is subpar.. Aziz is decent because he's had experience but every single other character is BAD. Really fucking bad.
>>
It was alright but little too heavy handed for my taste.
>>
the show was overall garbage.

the acting, as others have pointed out, was fucking horrible. the stories were pretty bad. as another anon said, it was so unfunny you had to wonder if they were even trying to be funny at all. and then, after all the time invested in watching all 10 fucking episodes, the ending was not only a downer, but fucking retarded.

there are good things about it. i did enjoy the dad episode and the gf's grandma episode. and the gf is a qt3.14159

overall though it is pretty bad. i would only reccomend watching it if you plan on being in bed for 5 hours and have nothing else to do. like if you are super hung over or something. but even then you should probably just rewatch episodes of deadwood. or shitpost on /tv/
>>
STREETS
>>
File: 1449588106100.jpg (128 KB, 800x500) Image search: [Google]
1449588106100.jpg
128 KB, 800x500
>>63572422

its boring stale tasteless bullshit
>>
Holy fuck...

All the hate in this thread.

So if this is how /tv/ feels about Master of None why do I constantly see topics about how this show is a masterpiece? Is that a meme?
>>
>>63572583
I didn't think the story was that good at all, even the immigrants episode fell flat for me and I'm the child of Asian immigrants
>>
Eric was the only good part.
>>
File: image.jpg (318 KB, 1153x1546) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
318 KB, 1153x1546
HOL UP
*shits in street*
SO YOU SAYIN
*rapes tourist*
YO HOL UP FÀM WATCHU SAYIN IS
*posts cringeworthy facebook status*
THAT WE GOTTA
*demands to see the manager*
THAT WE BE SUM
*tries to do aerobics in robes*
SUM SUM FINNA
*shits for 24th time in a day*
HOL UP SENPAI YOU SAYIN WE GOTTA
*immigrates to UK with his 17 kids*
POO IN LOO?????
*shits his pants*
>>
>>63573187
He wasn't even funny

That part where they go to a child's birthday party and he starts jumping in the moon bounce?

What the fuck is that shit.
>>
>>63573166
i have never once seen a thread on /tv/ about this show that was positive overall. every time it gets brought up it is the same thing.

the show had atrocious acting, a shitty story, bad writing overall, and wasn't funny. some people will say they enjoyed the cameos. some people will say they enjoyed the dad episode. one retard will say he liked the 2nd to last episode that takes place over almost a year. everyone will call that guy a faggot because that is a horrible episode. OP will report back to his marketing manager that his viral attempt to shill master of none was a success.
>>
>>63573253

come on, the part where he says feminism is wanting equal treatment for men and women and thats why hes a feminist and the other characters tell him how great he is for it was a fucking gut buster!
>>
The only decent actors were Aziz, the chick and the giant fat dude. But to be fair the parents' bad acting is kind of charming. The asian dude needs to get killed and the lesbian was aight. Overall it was pretty entertaining, has some pretty interesting ideas, the dad episode was full of feels, and the ending was handled nicely I think, at least to me it made sense. Not really 10/10 like the critics say but definitely not dogshit. Solid 7/10, will be looking forward to the 2nd season. Aziz a cute.
>>
>>63573253
The part where he accompanies the chick to buy a couch was pretty funny, c'mon familia.
>>
>>63572422
Badly written and bad acting

Perfect example of throwing cash at a pile of shit to polish its surface until it can win a few awards

Im half Indian and I found the pandering to be unberable
>>
>>63572583
Isn't that a pretty low threshold for a 7/10?
>>
> whites bad!
> nonwhites good!

There. You've seen it now.
>>
>>63572422
It's not bad just kind of overblown because it doesn't star a straight white male, same with Jessica Jones.
>>
>>63572422
>literally the least funny actor on Parks and Recreation gets his own show
>Offerman still has to do 2bit roles on various odd shows

what the fuck man
>>
File: 1351208683350.jpg (7 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
1351208683350.jpg
7 KB, 259x194
>brutally awkward dialogue
>extremely preachy to the point where some scenes don't even have jokes and are just short messages about "social justice"
>follows basic "group of friends in NY" plots, literally nothing original
>looks nice, but the visuals rarely actually contribute to anything in terms of humor or character/plot
>>
it appeals to reddit millenials who are still 25-30 and don't have their shit together, hence why it's so popular
>>
>>63573363
I wouldn't really consider it pandering, Aziz wrote it, of course it would tackle issues about indian american culture.
>>
its pretty good.
Considering every comedy on network TV is terrible, its not that surprising
>>
>>63573099
Holy shit, aziz is smaller than I thought.
>>
>>63573406
He was awesome in the one Fargo episode where he has a substantial role
>>
>>63573406
Don't think Offerman could do his own show, he's trying to run his own woodshop business and is doing a bunch of other shit right now
>>
>>63573363
>Perfect example of throwing cash at a pile of shit to polish its surface
How is this an example of throwing cash at something? That analogy makes no sense
>>
>>63573419

The only thing that was interesting was the opening credits
>>
>>63573283
When the show first got released I saw multiple threads about how the show was a masterpiece and it's the best sitcom of all time...
>>
>>63573540
Yeah, I never got the impression that Offerman is trying to do his own show. I'm sure it would be great if he did though
>>
DUDE RACISM LMAO
>>
>>63573547
Netflix spent millions to fund a subpar concept
>>
>>63572422
Louie for plebs.

Normies don't wanna look at some fat, old dude for half an hour, but replace him with a cute young guy, and make the tone slightly less depressive, and you have the most popular show of the year.
>>
>>63573540
>he's trying to run his own woodshop business
>read that
>this comes up on google http://offermanwoodshop.com/

I had no idea Offerman was actually a carpenter in real life. Also what the fuck $120 for a cutting board?!
>>
>>63573363

what did you think of the whole Johnny Five thing? Its seemed like such crybaby pussy bullshit and it tried so hard to tie itself to "look at how opressed we indians are!" with black people and black face, which completely is different

>white people do black face at a time when blacks cant really be in films or entertainment
>shuck and jive and do ridiculous racist cartoon versions of black people, which leads others to believe thats what all blacks are like, so black people dont like it at all

But this was just a guy playing a character, and Aziz admits that he thought of the guy as a good role model and positive part of indian people, so theres really no reason to be pissed at it being a white guy other than him misunderstanding why blackface is offensive.
>>
>>63573658
Surely this show cost much less to produce than every network comedy yet ended up better than all of them

I guess if you consider the production of any TV show to be considered throwing money at it, but its still a really dumb comment
>>
>>63573690
>what did you think of the whole Johnny Five thing?

I never knew that either and couldnt fucking stop laughing when it turned out to be true
>>
>>63573406
>le meme manly man doing manly things actor

Offerman is shit, have you seen his stand up? Literally an hour of prodromal dementia rambling
>>
>>63573785
How could anyone dislike Offerman?

What a ridiculous opinion to have
>>
>>63573690
I didn't see that episode, I dropped it after the second one honestly, but I know that Aziz buys into the black lives matter garbage which is retarded because those rioters are burning down dozens of businesses owned by Indians and Asians. When was the last time an Indian cop shot a black guy? I'd really like to see an apology from the black community for throwing them in the middle of this but it'll never happen. Also the whole Mile Brown thing started with him robbing an Indian store owner and throwing him and it was a white cop who tried to arrest him for it. Fuck Aziz for not looking at the reality of the situation and taking the most PC SJW stance like the limp dicked bitch he is.

Sorry, I got carried away there, but his retaeded fucking views piss me the fuck off and I hope more Indians don't buy into it just because he's the South Asian SJW mouthpiece.
>>
Was the bad acting some kind of mumblecore thing or are they just shit at acting?
>>
>>63573882
Just because it wasn't meme acting doesn't make it bad
>>
>>63573723
No stupid.

You can tell they spent a lot on the sets and outfits and such on this show.
>>
>>63573832
He's a one-note actor and his schtick gets old very fast. His character on Parks and Rec was just a pleb's version of Alec Baldwin on 30 Rock, and as a comedian he's pretty much the Larry the Cable Guy of reddit sensibilities
>>
File: smord.jpg (82 KB, 454x453) Image search: [Google]
smord.jpg
82 KB, 454x453
>A netflix original series
>>
>>63573909
There is no way this cost even nearly as much as a network sitcom.
>>
>>63573919
>He's a one-note actor and his schtick gets old very fast
Literally has yet to get old
>His character on Parks and Rec was just a pleb's version of Alec Baldwin on 30 Rock
Ron Swanson is nothing like Baldwin's character, what the fuck kind of crazy world view do you have that you think they are even similar?

>he's pretty much the Larry the Cable Guy of reddit sensibilities
What does that even mean? Offerman is basically the anti-reddit, Leslie was clearly the Reddit of Parks and Rec, and Offerman personifies the opposite more rational viewpoint
>>
>>63572422
No it's not.

It's sloppy written, not very funny. The only thing it has going for it is the SJW subject.
I'm pretty much a SJW (except for the tranny and obese stuff) and even I thought it wasn't that insightfull.

I liked Eric though.
>>
>>63574037
>Literally has yet to get old
I can't help you if you're genuinely retarded
>Ron Swanson is nothing like Baldwin's character
Older male conservative foil to the younger liberal female lead? Characterized by old style masculine values? Relatively conservative without being a caricature. Swanson is just a more ham-fisted Jack Donaghy.
>What does this even mean?
It means that he's not funny, he just espouses shit that he already knows his target demographic likes (beta male redditors who desperately want to appear 'manly' by having superficial interests in stereotypically manly things) and they applaud him for it. It's all just 'hunting bacon steak facial hair whiskey fishing working with your hands' horseshit ad naseum.
>>
>>63573571

What do you want to hear, man? We'll shower a new show/movie with praise but eventually turn on it
>>
>>63574259
>Relatively conservative without being a caricature
Alec Baldwin's character was a straight up caricature. Ron probably was meant to be originally, but thanks to Offerman that didn't happen and he ended up being the most moral and logical thinking of the main characters compared to Leslie's outright insanity

Also you say conservative, but a Neocon is more or less the philosophical opposite of a libertarian like Ron

You keep just repeating reddit as meaning anything you don't like but clearly you are the most reddit of us all
>>
>>63573313
>But to be fair the parents' bad acting is kind of charming.
they're his real parents also.
>>
>>63574259
>It means that he's not funny,
If you didn't enjoy Offerman's nextflix standup thing, you are objectively a bad person with poor reddit tier taste
>>
>>63573571
>designated
Nigga people who hate aziz never liked it in the first place
>>
I made it 15min into the first episode and didn't laugh or smile once
>>
File: 2pac.jpg (26 KB, 200x261) Image search: [Google]
2pac.jpg
26 KB, 200x261
>>63572621
>>
I feel like Indian memes need to expand outside poo.
>>
How did they get away with the gang rape episode?
>>
Master of none is too preachy, has nothing interesting to say, and isn't funny. I couldn't finish the season
>>
prefer louie
>>
File: 1419492734000.png (138 KB, 375x375) Image search: [Google]
1419492734000.png
138 KB, 375x375
all these triggered whiteys
>>
I don't like it when my comedy tries to get real. It must remain irreverent.

I watch dramas for commentary on societal issues.
>>
>>63575190
Postscript: BAZINGA!
>>
>>63575190
It's Always Sunny is a great example. Most episodes have something to say.
>>
>>63572422

The same people that tell me I have to check out Aziz also say that Tig Notarro is "actually really funny" and like Nerdist/Comedy Bang Bang.

I don't trust them...
>>
>>63573227
underrated
>>
DESIGNATED
>>
It's very good. Great cinematography, good relatable characters and stories, reflects the reality of being in your thirties and not sure what you're supposed to do next. Also it's got the number one hansy boy, big dog 'Ric Wareheim.

>Cons
Some shitty acting by his parents, occasional clunky writing
>>
>>63572422
The show feels very real. As ridiculous as Aziz is in Parks & Rec, Master of None actually feels like a real slice of life (of a comfortable 30 something).

The worst thing about Master of None is that it's extremely unoriginal. If you've ever seen a romantic comedy/coming of age film for 30 somethings, then you will be all too familiar with what the show presents.
>>
>>63572422
I haven't met anyone that liked it. Even among my normie friends it's not particularly well received.
>>
I didn't think it was funny, but I do think it captured the feeling of being at that stage in life pretty well
>>
>>63578486
>>Cons
>Some shitty acting by his parents
I liked his dad, The acting was awkward as fuck, but I didn't consider it a con because he was pretty funny. The mom not so much but she was pretty minor
>>
>>63572422
I'm glad I dropped Netflix for Hulu.
At least Hulu doesn't region lock its fucking shows.
>>
Because she's actually his mom. The point of the whole episode was connecting to parents, it's literally what he was trying to do in real life.
>>
This probably isn't the best place to ask, but do American girls really go for the shit Dev texts/says to them?

I'm from the UK and it seems like some full on cringeworthy shit.
>>
Want to watch it for based Eric Wareheim-er
>>
>>63578874
This show is blatant niceguy wish-fulfillment fantasy.

TV:
>be short and funny
>girls laugh
>they fuck you

Reality:
>be short and funny
>girls laugh
>they fuck some Chad
>they ask you why they can't get a boyfriend
>>
>>63572859
Seems to be Netflix originals in a nutshell.

Even Daredevil had that awful fucking Foggy.
>>
>>63573832
Watch his standup
>>
DESIGNATED
>>
I really like Louie

Would I like this
>>
>>63572422
>>9 golden globe nominations
wut
Only Aziz got one
>>
>>63578486
>relatable characters

Are you a directionless upper middle class yuppie?
>>
>>63579062
Yes but it's nowhere near as good as Louie.

Still one of the better Netflix Originals though.
>>
>>63579062
Proportionally less little white dicks on the main cast, more diversity
>>
>>63573683
I think Louie is Louie for plebs desu senpai.
>>
It's literally Louie with an Indian guy.
>>
>>63579118
whatdya mean?
>>
>>63579052
His Netflix thing is pretty good

Offerman has a way at upsetting super liberals and super religious people, so you must be one of those
>>
>>63578874

no, its complete cringe worthy shit that I can only see girls doing with their "guy friends"
>>
i like the fact that eric didnt even try to act

he was so unconvincing in the funniest way possible

other than that it's dogshit
>>
The only episode ive seen is the one where he whines and moans for 30 minutes about how he wasnt hand delivered perfect role, and the ones he found all wanted an accent.
>>
File: -6832989898449018612.jpg (42 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
-6832989898449018612.jpg
42 KB, 600x600
>open thread
>expecting POO IN LOO DESIGNATED
>mfw
>>
>>63572422
I watched like 5 minutes of the first episode and I just couldn't take it anymore.
>>
>>63573383

this, if the show was exactly the same but with all white people it would be cancelled by now
>>
the girl he dates is super cute desu
>>
>>63579729
That's probably the worst episode.

Best one is probably the Dads episode.
>>
>>63573227
>*posts cringeworthy facebook status*

Yeah whats up with that anyway.
>>
File: image.jpg (139 KB, 620x375) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
139 KB, 620x375
Superior indian comedian coming through.
>>
>>63580447
Him and russel are top curry comedians. All other curries are shit.
>>
It's shit.
Self-hating white liberals love this shit though.
>>
>>63580578
White guilt is in nowadays
>>
>>63572422
>Damn I hate white people they're so racist
>I'm only going to pursue white women and call them racist if they fuck anyone but me

Literally insecure non-white manlet the show: in theatres on netflix.
>>
>>63580447
>Pakistani
>>
never watched it but I want to murder all non whites
>>
Eliminate all white males: The show
>>
>>63580646
Patrician 2bh famalamadingdong
>>
File: 1432172595062.jpg (16 KB, 231x244) Image search: [Google]
1432172595062.jpg
16 KB, 231x244
>>63580646
>>
>>63580646

Who doesnt really. Its easy to pretend we dont want that but thats what we all would like deep inside.
>>
>>63580646
WHITE PEOPLE SUCK
>>
File: aziz.jpg (1 MB, 1515x1894) Image search: [Google]
aziz.jpg
1 MB, 1515x1894
>>63572621

>"White people disgust me! They've subjugated countless cultures for years!"
>Indian men begin clapping and screaming at the top of their lungs in agreement

>"In fact, I see a few white women in the audience! What do you say we take 'em all to... THE INTERRACIAL SHITTING STREETS?!"
>Every Indian becomes erect as they throw their faeces at whitey, coating them in their rancid, curry smelling waste
>>
>>63572422
It doesn't show him pooing in looing so I guess pol was right
>>
>>63580147
What you don't find five minute conversations about uber cars funny? You're an old fogey and probably racist and need to get with the times gramps
>>
File: image.jpg (102 KB, 500x647) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
102 KB, 500x647
>>63572422
Yea it was really good, /tv/ has shit opinions as always. Wasn't gonna watch this show because of this place then said wth and watched it anyways. I don't listen to /tv/ anymore. I come for the dank maymays
>>
>>63581190
>Not putting your mouth around the spout

Disgusting.
>>
>>63581190
You come here because you're a depressed fuck living in your mom's basement.
>>
>>63580775
Indians actually love white people and want to be them deep down
>>
>>63581485
You're right, but wrong. Indians don't love white people,nobody does. Everybody wants to be white because of the privileges you gain.
>>
>>63581665
Indians genuinely do like white people and want to emulate them, just like japs
>>
>>63581760
Are you American?
>>
>>63573966
>didn't like the killing
fuck your shit taste senpai
>>
>>63574694
I turned it off when he offered to pay for the morning after pill, plus, I dont like Indian accents. Apu from the Simpsons is the most I can bear to listen to an Indian.
>>
>>63579085
Yes.
Thread replies: 143
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.