[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Commando the peak of Arnold? He never really made anything
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: Commando-Log.jpg (99 KB, 1024x551) Image search: [Google]
Commando-Log.jpg
99 KB, 1024x551
Is Commando the peak of Arnold?

He never really made anything like it again afterwards.
>>
>>63571833
It's his First Blood.
>>
>not saying Pumping Iron arnie
>arnie deliberately gives garbage advice to other bodybuilders
>psyching out the larger and stronger ferrigno
>sheeving his way to the top
>>
What I love about Commando is that if it was released today exactly the same as it was, it would be seen as a parody of 80's action movies like the McBain movies on The Simpsons.

It's literally everything that fictional action movies in TV shows and Movies are making fun of.
>>
>He never really made anything like it again afterwards.
He made better movies. Commando is just distilled Arnold. Big muscles, big explosions, dumb one liners. It doesn't have the direction, writing, effects or vision of Terminator, Total Recall, Conan or Predator, or the silly sci-fi of The Running Man, or the comedy/drama of True Lies, or the stupid charm of any of his comedic roles. Its Arnie doing what he does well and nothing more to elevate it
>>
No. Peak is T2

>>63571969
It was a parody back then too you pretentious reddit fuck
>>
>>63572010
You can't be a parody of the genre when you're practically setting the template of the genre. What was the only big action flick of it's type before it (Big muscled up heroes with big guns and high bodycounts)? First Blood Part II? And even that is missing some of the elements of the traditional 80's action flick.

It was certainly tongue-in-cheek and didn't take itself too seriously (as opposed to Rambo) but it wasn't a parody.
>>
File: Let off some steam Olaf.jpg (48 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Let off some steam Olaf.jpg
48 KB, 1920x1080
>>63572064
Nigga he could smell his enemies. It was a real action movie but it was clearly also a parody of Rambo
>>
>has enough time and strength to rip a steel pipe from the walls, hurl it with such force and velocity that it goes clean through Bennet before Bennet can shoot him
>"Let off some steam, Bennet."

Truly the climax of all of the absurd shit that went down in the previous 90 minutes.
>>
>>63571833
I still remember the Mad Magazine parody of this movie. He punched the roof out of a car and wore it as body armor. Man, Mad Magazine was fucking great.
>>
File: 12321321.jpg (6 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
12321321.jpg
6 KB, 225x225
>>63571969
>mfw they will undoubtedly release a remake in the next 5 years
>>
>>63572469
I doubt it. It's not that recognizable and mostly forgotten by general public. Unlike Star Trek, Mad Max, Robocop etc.
>>
>>63572152
yup it was a parody but it did it in a way that kinda wasn't a parody and awesomely, people took it as a legit action movie. I think the father of cool action flicks from the 80's was Sylvester's Cobra. That shit was awesome.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.