[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why did Fox ruin this excellent TV series? It was phenomenal
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: enverwasdubbed.jpg (26 KB, 400x328) Image search: [Google]
enverwasdubbed.jpg
26 KB, 400x328
Why did Fox ruin this excellent TV series? It was phenomenal despite their meddling, but why did they dismantle the pilot, stick it in a death slot, cancel it before giving it a chance, etc.?
>>
He wasn't dubbed watch the special features
>before giving it a chance
They gave it a chance, they called it season two.
>>
>>63563565
You don't know ANY inside baseball. Dollhouse was canceled from the get-go. 20 episodes exhausted Dushku's talent holding contract and magically Dollhouse was officially given the axe at episode 20. On the way there, every sabot possible was tossed into the gears just to make sure it would never take off.

Metawise it's an amazing story of triumph over adversity, because the show still manages to be great even if Enver was clearly dubbed.
>>
>>63563689
>Dollhouse was canceled from the get-go.
Yeah I'm sure if the viewership was big bang numbers they would have canceled it just because Dushku's contract was fulfilled.
>>
>>63564665
You obviously can read, it must be that you just won't.
>>
For Dushku's career, faith the vampire slayer would have been better than this and tru calling
>>
File: show killer.jpg (13 KB, 528x576) Image search: [Google]
show killer.jpg
13 KB, 528x576
>>63564752
So unpleasant, impolite, and incorrect.
Great thread.
>>
you may observe that whenever joss whedon creates a show with strong female characters - actually, whenever joss whedon creates a show - the networks panic and kill it before the story arc is complete.

it's like they're afraid if he ever gets to the end of any of the stories, he's gonna break into the boardroom and come all over their table.
>>
>>63563518

Dushku just wasn't great in it. If it had a stronger lead it would've lasted longer.
>>
>>63565349
She was the nucleus. It only ever existed because of Dushku so this line of criticism doesn't have any meaning.

It's more interesting to observe how the show was structured around and evolved beyond her deficiencies.
>>
>>63565349

I thought she was ok once the show got going a bit.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.