[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Wire
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: chessfordummies.jpg (15 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
chessfordummies.jpg
15 KB, 480x360
I'm watching the 1st season of The Wire and I just got done watching the episode where DeAngelo teaches the younger kids chess. I was blown away! I had to watch it a couple times to really pick up on it, but did you guys realize that when he was teaching them about the chess pieces, he was really referring to THEM being the pawns! What an incredible metaphor!

It was so deep and meaningful, I am amazed by the symbolism of this.

Do the later seasons continue on with such masterful symbolism? This was truly the pinnacle of storytelling that I have ever seen on a television show, and I think I can confidently say The Wire is the best show ever made without even having seen the entire series.

Also the acting is amazing. Idris Elba and Dominic West do a great job with their Baltimore accents.
>>
Compare this stupid shit to copypastas of yore. I mean, this is what people on /tv/ currently think is worth reposting year after year. This. This thread. This is what's considered worthy.
>>
The scene where proposition joe says "i have a proposition joe for you" and then lays out a proposition
>>
I thought they were playing checkers. Nice catch OP.
>>
I always fall asleep while watching the pilot.
>>
>>63562685
In hindsight it was awful. Just smug writing and utterly a boring story all together. The fuck you scene with bunk is the most cringe-worthy thing I have seen. And Treme...
>>
2>4>1>3>5
>>
>>63563305
Same. I'll probably never even get to episode 2, this show is so boring
>>
>>63563305
Might be blood pressure or sugar level issues tbqh
>>
>Brother Mouzone

Fuckin DROPPED
>>
>>63563427
2>1>3=4=5
>>
>>63563525
Only New Yorkers grok Brother Mouzone.
>>
nigg
>>
>>63563345
It was written to be deep to its target audience of liberal college students and niggers.

Literally no depth to the writing other than "society has big problems look at the big systemic problems"

Literally sociology 101
>>
>>63563525
Who thought they could make a bigger mary sue than omar? Has there ever been a cornier scene in any series than when mouzone and omar "confronted" each other in the alleyway?
>>
>>63564424
I loved the whole season 4 storyline of having a team of academics study why niggers act like niggers. It never fails to amaze me the length liberals will go to in an effort to come to ANY conclusion besides the fact that niggers behave like animals because they ARE fucking animals.
>>
>>63562685
Never do television, kids. Literally worse than heroin.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.