[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What makes a good film? Was Pudovkin right? Does it all come
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: D-i_GqpT.jpg (18 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
D-i_GqpT.jpg
18 KB, 512x512
What makes a good film? Was Pudovkin right? Does it all come down to editing?
>>
>>63562659
Editing can destroy or save a movie, that simple as that. With the CGI shot it's even more true now.
>>
Editing
Writing
Acting
Sound track
Framing
Blocking
Mise en scène
Wardrobe

In that order.
>>
>>63562659
Check this good video about editing f.am :

https://vimeo.com/86125935

Today i found the lack of imagination in editing depressing in mainstream movies. Fuck Hollywood.
>>
>>63563743
Sound isn't even necessary for a film, how is it not at the bottom
>>
>>63563906
Oh fug, I forgot all about foley and sound design. but yeah, those go on the bottom.
>>
>>63563998
Reading the term foley alone makes me quake with rage because it's so fucking inauthentic. Yeah let's drop jacks on a foil-covered drum with a balloon stretched out underneath, that's totally rain. Holy fuck what happened to society
>>
>>63564057
Nigger that shit is old. The whole art started back in the days of radio. I don't see why it bothers you, it's just a part of story telling.
>>
>>63564158
I recently listened to an audiobook of Nine Princes in Amber read by Zelazny himself and it was full of old timey radio play foley tomfoolery. I had to turn it off
>>
>>63564222
>checked
Do you also get trigger by loony tunes?
>>
>>63564250
Dog Gone South upsets me for five or six reasons, yes.
>>
>>63564313
I feel kinda sorry for you desu senpai
>>
>>63562659

It's the last step that puts the giant jigsaw puzzle together, so it can't be skimped on, but every part of a film's construction is important and failing any one of them can ruin the experience.
>>
>>63564457
Last step? Then why is it in the first chapter of Film Technique?
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.