[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Did it end too soon? At just the right time? Not soon enough?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 8
File: 1101980112_400.jpg (49 KB, 400x526) Image search: [Google]
1101980112_400.jpg
49 KB, 400x526
Did it end too soon? At just the right time? Not soon enough? If so, when did it jump the shark? Thoughts on finale episode?
>>
>>63561977
Just the right time. It was just starting to overstay its welcome.
>>
It lasted exactly one too many episodes.
>>
File: 1448674090892.png (1 MB, 1280x800) Image search: [Google]
1448674090892.png
1 MB, 1280x800
>>63561998

>1998

>The year it ended

agreed
>>
Ended at the right time, glad it ended before Y2K
>>
ended right
I even like the final
>>
They could have squeezed about 7 good episode out of a 15 part season 10. They had great writers and the acting talent was all there. The only problematic thing I guess was Jerry's neurosis acting up.
Gotta respect Jerry's integrity though.
>>
Larry David had left already, the only direction was down, so its good it ended there, the last season had already shown a decline compared to prime Larry David episodes from seasons 3-5
>>
>>63561977
>there are people on this board who weren't even alive when the finale aired

that's a shame

But yeah, ended at the right time.
>>
>>63562089
This. I respect when the creators of a show have the sense to call it quits, unlike the other best show of the 90s. Perfect finale for the show. I don't understand why it's so disliked.
>>
>>63562365
>I don't understand why it's so disliked.

Because it was basically a clip show.
>>
>hating on based seasons 8 and 9.
>>
>>63561977
>Did it end too soon? At just the right time? Not soon enough?
About right.
>If so, when did it jump the shark?
Closest it came was the backwards episode "The Betrayal", which was early in the final season. However several decent episodes follow it. The Maid was a final classic.
>Thoughts on finale episode?
All the clip show episodes were garbage, ending with what was effectively a thickly framed one was a dumb idea.
The Seinfeld Reunion season on Curb Your Enthusiasm is a much more satisfying conclusion to the franchise, but the comedians in cars stuff Jerry did with the individual cast members fits well too.
>>
>>63562425
That wasn't the finale, though.
>>
>>63562711
>That wasn't the finale, though.
There was a one-hour/two part clip show before the finale, then an hour long finale that climaxed in a series of clips from old guest characters. The finale was a clip show.
>>
>>63562729
>then an hour long finale that climaxed in a series of clips from old guest characters
So it was a proper finale that had some clips that helped advance the plot in the last ten minutes of an hour long episode. Doesn't seem like the episode was a proper clip show.

Now the second to last episode, that was nothing but a clip show.
>>
>>63562790
>had some clips that helped advance the plot
No, they did not advance the plot. The plot was a framework for the clips.
>>
File: pjc9E.png (58 KB, 519x391) Image search: [Google]
pjc9E.png
58 KB, 519x391
>Seinfeld and the Simpsons both came on in the same year in 1989
>>
>>63562844
And Seinfeld ended when The Simpsons should have.
>>
File: 1421975053203.png (77 KB, 429x410) Image search: [Google]
1421975053203.png
77 KB, 429x410
> you just KNOW someone out there will try to do a reboot
>>
i can understand people not liking the finale at all back then, but having watched it removed from its original time, i thought it was pretty good. david making the show end on a down note was pretty ballsy, for its time.

as far as length, it ended at the right time. when david left and jerry took over, you could tell he tried to 'spice things up' with the show, i woudn't say the show declined in quality, but you could tell it wasn't executing at a high clip consistently like it used to.
>>
>>63562365

>other best show of the 90's

Roseanne?
>>
>>63562906
probably simps
>>
>>63561977
if jerry seinfeld is a jew ill be mad
>>
>>63562365
>unlike the other best show of the 90s
Frasier?
>>
>>63562936
should we tell him guys?
>>
It ended pretty much exactly when it should have. I think the last season is garbage -- in a relative sense, really. It's still miles ahead of a lot of other sitcoms, but you start to see how things could have gotten real bad -- the characters themselves were more or less holding steady, but there was a sort of flanderization of the story ideas. The Merv Griffith Show was fucking ridiculous and I don't know how anyone OKed it getting past a script spec.
>>
>>63563046
The Betrayal was also a terrible, terrible idea for an episode.
>>
They were already getting too meta by season 7.

Yeah, it was fucking right to cut it off.
>>
ended at the perfect time
>>
>That crying Elaine phase

Absolutely unwatchable
>>
>>63562864
wasn't that john mulaney show supposed to be the "new" seinfeld?
>>
>>63562864
It already happened 11 years ago dumbass.
>>
File: pants.jpg (30 KB, 576x432) Image search: [Google]
pants.jpg
30 KB, 576x432
>that episode where Kramer is planning his new year party of 2000
>tfw you will never see the crazy shenanigans what will take a place in that party
>>
It's nice when US shows end in a timely fashion without too many episodes. A lot of the shows you guys make have like twenty episodes a season for ten seasons.
>>
>>63562860
exactly
>>
File: 1430003962303.jpg (43 KB, 650x435) Image search: [Google]
1430003962303.jpg
43 KB, 650x435
>>63563046
I swear to god if TBS reruns the Merv Griffith episode one more time before the shitloads of ones they haven't touched yet I'm gonna flip.
>>
>>63564554
>Charlie = Kramer
>Dee = Elaine
Those two are obvious. I'm gonna throw a curveball and put Dennis down as George, because they're both way too neurotic and anxious over how they're perceived. Now as for which one's Jerry.. that's tough. Frank is (usually) way too relaxed (and everyone revolves around Jerry but no one wants to revolve around Frank), and Mac is.. well, Mac. I could see Mac being George's father. Has some stodgy old opinions, generally doesn't do much but take up space, until you get him riled up then his temper explodes.
I guess they just don't have a Jerry as the final ingredient to render all their sociopathy into a harmless inert gas, and that's why they get into so much more trouble.
>>
>>63564554
>muh seinfeld on crack
>>
Some of the best episodes they did were after Larry David left. So I think they could have kept it going for a few more years. Jerry was just so worn out though.

I wish they would have kept going until through 1999. That was such a crazy year. I would have liked to see what they did with all the craziness leading up to 2000 and also the Clinton/Lewinsky scandal.
>>
>>63565239
Every single sentence in this post is fucking idiotic except the one about Jerry being tired.
>>
>>63562888
Trips for truth.
>>
>>63565041
We don't tolerate "muh" styled shitposting here.

>>>/b/
>>
File: joe-friday-just-the-facts.png (61 KB, 250x188) Image search: [Google]
joe-friday-just-the-facts.png
61 KB, 250x188
>>63561977

You grampas, might as well talk about this show.
Seinfeld has been over for years.
>>
>>63564998
Dennis-Jerry
Mac-Elaine
Charlie-Kramer
Dee-George
Frank-Newman

I could explain my reasoning but it might be a little autistic. These characters are too unique to be equated anyway.
>>
>>63565256
Shut the hell up asshole.

>>63565239
Hey man I'm sorry there are some ABSOLUTELY RUDE assholes like >>63565256 posting here but I just want you to know that despite cunts like >>63565256 running amok you really shouldn't let mean bullies like >>63565256 get you down because guys like me appreciate your post and will back you up if someone along the lines of >>63565256 tries to give you shit again.
>>
That cover reminds me of Goldeneye N64.
>>
>people hating on The Betrayal

s|m|h
>>
>>63565256
Larry David fans don't like to admit it but it is true. Some of the best episodes were after he left.
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.