[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Cinema
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: arabia.jpg (20 KB, 600x253) Image search: [Google]
arabia.jpg
20 KB, 600x253
What is it about film that you love so much, /tv/? Do you just appreciate the art or is it an escape? A lot of people just watch movies to kill time/something to do, but for people that love film, what does it mean to you?
>>
it's a new way to dream
>>
>>63561597
The ability to transcend.. my here and now and self to the emotion and experience of the other world on the screen.
>>
fuck off faggots

this board is for memes only
>>
Both
>>
>>63561597
i honestly feel that it is this beautiful balance of relation in some sort with the film, and a overall total appreciation for the hard work that is put into it. Acting, directing, the way it is shot.. all of that stuff. it just releases a feeling like no other.
>>
>>63561660
Sad but true. But we can have one thread with legitimate drunken feelings please?
>>
It's a visual distillation of the highest human potential.
>>
>>63561660
damn niger this is a serious thread .. i wanna here /tv/ families thoughts
>>
File: Lawrence_of_Arabia.webm (3 MB, 1571x720) Image search: [Google]
Lawrence_of_Arabia.webm
3 MB, 1571x720
>>63561597

Here.
>>
>>63561640
>>63561693
nice anons .. relation is a huge part of it for me as well

Can you still enjoy films if its hard to relate to a character?
>>
>>63561909
Of course you can.
>>
File: image.jpg (59 KB, 535x417) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
59 KB, 535x417
>>63561597
It makes me feel all kinds of emotions.
This year I saw three miniseries's Wolf Hall, Show me a Hero and Jonathan and Mr. Strange.
They are three of the best television I have ever seen. They had all very good lead performances, juggled tons of different complex themes maturely, multiple perspectives and characters all fleshed out decently, the dialogue was extremely on point, the endings were all very satisfying and they didn't struggle with time constraints. Yet I wasn't brought into them, when a character is sad Im not sad I am just watching a character who is sad.
For movies I am extremely picky with what I consider good or great, I only feel that they are good or great when they make me feel. 2 movies recently Sicario and Creed managed to do that. Their plots are honestly simple even predictable, their themes are few but focused upon yet they had me at the edge of my seat. If a character is confused I too am confused same with fear, joy and suffering. Some scenes had the entire theater gasping in awe, I don't know what they did but it affected everyone around me including me.
Only a few movies yearly really actually make me feel that way and when they do I am reminded on why I love movies.

Not everybody is like me though. A recent dissapointment for me is Martian. People compare it to the liked of Moon and Castaway yet it feels like they didn't understand why those movies are considered good by some people. Martian is by no means a bad movie yet I never felt the sense of hopelessness and despair, the constant cutting back to Earth gave too much hope and connection that I'm not worried at Matt Damons safety or well being anymore.
>>
>>63561597
That fact that there's less niggers compared to when I look out the window
>>
>>63562632

>Jonathan and Mr. Strange

I've been watching that recently, it's fucking fantastic.

If you haven't seen it yet, I would absolutely recommend The Honorable Woman as another fantastic miniseries. It's easily the equal of everything else on the list, some of the best spy television ever made.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.