[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
HOL UP So if these guys were developed in accelerated-growth
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (186 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
186 KB, 1024x768
HOL UP

So if these guys were developed in accelerated-growth batches, wouldn't they also get old and die faster too? How are there still combat-effective clones from before Order 66 during the OT timeline, some 20 years later?

It is mentioned that many non-clones are recruited into the ranks of the stormtroopers later on, but wouldn't the clones left be old as shit? Even if they aged normally they'd be in their 40s and 50s; young enough to serve as reservists or drill instructors or military police, but not frontline infantry.
>>
There wasnt. That's the point. Clones were phased out once Sheev was secure as emperor
>>
>there are people on /tv/ RIGHT NOW who still think stormtroopers are clones
>>
What's more strange is how they waged a war on s galactic scale when they had 200 000 troops ready after 10 years and only million more in the making. They couldn't even secure one planet with that, they would literally need trillions.
>>
>>63561454
Sci fi writers have no sense of scale

For awhile it was canon that there were only 3 million clones total to fight a galactic war. For reference, there were 16 million soldiers in the US military including auxiliary and support roles and that was just a war fought on 3 continents
>>
>>63561432
Some of them were.
>>
>>63561397
this seems like a cop out loophole. I always thought the idea was that they'd keep producing clones as long as they were needed, and putting the clones in the prequel was a blatant attempt for George Lucas to give an origin story to stormtroopers.
>>
Watch Rebels. They did get old and useless. Stormtroopers were never clones.
>>
>>63561502
They needed to explain why the stormtroopers were clearly different people in the originals (because George hadn't thought things through)

And clones were probably expensive to make. Sheev did it because he needed an army that could be raised in secret and was loyal only to him. Once he was emperor it was probably cheaper to just conscript poor people
>>
>>63561277

>wouldn't they also get old and die faster too?

Why.

Its like you saw a science fiction film once where that was true, and now you think its true in real life too. Why would a magic womb tank make you age faster. Why.
>>
>>63561432
to be fair they could've, and probably should've been. There was no reason for Sheev to discontinue the production of clones, they were 100% loyal and essentially disposable. Also their design accompanied with the fact they switch sides at the end would give most people the impression that they are stormtroopers. It being canon now that they aren't is basically a retcon (and before you say anything, the EU was never canon so don't pull out that meme)
>>
>>63561502

Clones were expensive. Too expensive to just stand around as Stormtroopers did/do.
>>
No one mentions that the Kaminos genetically modified their genome so they be more docile and obedient to their masters. Doesnt that sound abit dumb to you?
>>
>>63561547
>>63561576
Yeah this makes sense. I still question Lucas' original intentions tho, and if he didn't plan for them to be actual stormtroopers I agree, it should've been made clear.
>>
File: 635780957987245278-REB-IA-9961.jpg (31 KB, 534x401) Image search: [Google]
635780957987245278-REB-IA-9961.jpg
31 KB, 534x401
>>63561277
>>
>>63561576
Also Clone Troopers was expensive because they were made to be top tier soldiers.

Once Sheev had power and control he didn't really need them, as Stormtroopers are more of a military police.
>>
>>63561607
It's likely that the idea was built off his reference to the Clone Wars by Kenobi, though he might have had some sort of outline in his head beforehand.
>>
>>63561569
Someone could take control of the cloning facility and make their own army. Or the people of kamino could switch sides and secretly imbed millions of clones with an order like 66.
>>
>>63561607
Nobody knows what Lucas is ever thinking or if he ever even plans ahead, he's so autistic he's beyond normal mortals.
>>
>>63561569
IIRC Kamino was attacked in the Clone Wars precisely because that's where the clones were being produced.
>>
>>63561634
No old fives chilling with his clone Bros :(
>>
>>63561692

I don't think that's part of the new canon but it's not like anything has been mentioned yet that changes it.
>>
>>63561547

Initially, I think the timeline was supposed to be more spaced out. Anakin and Obi-Wan were supposed to be old/er men in ANH. I always figured Vader was in his fifties and Obi-Wan his seventies.

I was genuinely surprised when they had ROTS set only three or four years after AOTC. I was expecting at least another decade.

As things are, Vader is in his mid-forties and Obi-wan his late fifties. That Tatooine sand y'know. Shmi was probably only in her twenties in TPM.
>>
>>63561576

This. Plus, the number you need to police a galaxy spanning Empire is much higher than was needed in the Clone Wars. With costs and such, it's much easier to just recruit a local bumpkin, 'train' him, give him a rifle and armor, and then pay him just enough to be content. After all, he's likely to be stuck in a local garrison doing sod all anyway.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.