[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I don't understand what happened to Obi-Wan in the battle
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2
File: Dookuepisodeiii.jpg (78 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
Dookuepisodeiii.jpg
78 KB, 800x600
I don't understand what happened to Obi-Wan in the battle sequence. Dooku throws Obi-Wan aside, nearly breaking his back against a wall, and then he uses the Force to clearly crush Obi-Wan's legs under a giant walkway. You see Obi-Wan's body slide forward as his lower half gets mangled under the crushing weight of the platform. I assumed that both of his legs were completely crushed. However, after the duel, Anakin simply removes Obi-Wan without any trouble and puts him on his back. Obi-Wan does not spend the rest of the movie in a wheelhover chair as expected, but rather has suffered no damage at all to his legs and regains consciousness just seconds before swinging out an elevator door and getting up to run around again.
>>
>>63561167
Well, duh the force is strong with him so his broken leg healed up or something.
>>
>Sith lord are our specialty

What did he mean by this?
>>
>>63561310

he said speciality, not specialty
>>
>>63561348

What's the difference?
>>
>>63561389
Spelling
>>
>>63561408
You mean annuciation
>>
>>63561167
obi wan always has the high ground, so it just knocked him out. he slid because he was keeping the high ground to the platform.
>>
>>63561167
Why do Jedi always go for the same attack point when fighting 2 vs 1? This happened with Qui Gon & Obi Wan vs Darth Maul too. There is no reason Count Dooku should be able to block both blades at the same time, one should have taken the opportunity to stab him in the chest with that gaping hole in his defense.
>>
>>63561167
Obi-Wan rolled a natural 20 on his constitution save, we've been over this
>>
>>63561437
This makes no sense. The platform had the highground. Obi wan should have caught on fire after that scene.
>>
>>63562517

Obi-Wan always has the advantage on uneven ground.
>>
>>63561583
Count Dooku has a special ability that prevents him from ever losing if two light sabers are being used against him at once.
>>
>>63561167

Yeah this shit has bugged me for awhile. Its a pretty drawn out shot of Obi Wans body being smushed against the ground.
>>
>>63561167
>Obi-Wan does not spend the rest of the movie in a wheelhover chair as expected, but rather has suffered no damage at all to his legs and regains consciousness just seconds before swinging out an elevator door and getting up to run around again.

In the book adaptation of Revenge of the Sith, it is explained that Midichlorians can heal and repair human tissue very fast, like Wolverine fast.
>>
>>63561348
Go away reddit
>>
File: 1435987569702.jpg (79 KB, 1285x622) Image search: [Google]
1435987569702.jpg
79 KB, 1285x622
>>63562773
> except when they don't
>>
>>63561167
It would have been better if Obiwan was force blasted somewhere else and had to make his way back to Anakin and Dooku.
>>
>>63562883
Kek
>>
>>63562883
Well to be fair, he would've been dead long before the emperor got there if not for medichlorians in this instance
>>
>>63561167
It was a metaphor for how Dooku's betrayal crippled him (emotionally). The walkway was also the higher ground - when it fell on him, it lent him its power, which enabled him to defeat Dooku.
>>
>>63563053
You're breaking the meme continuity by implying the high ground benefits Anakin
>>
>>63561426
You mean pronunciation.
Also you were going for "enunciation."
>>
>>63563032
Or if Obi-wang had a higher ground
>>
>>63561167
yeah no, he pushed the metal onto Obi-wan but the force in each makes that one Superhuman. that's like forcing a metal beam on Superman.

>>63562883
he fell into a lava pool. so yeah, microscopic stuff in blood really made all the difference.
>>
>>63561167
in his battle with paralysis, he took the high ground.
>>
>>63562773
>Jar jar Abrams wants to decagon midichlorians
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.