[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Famous filmmaker here, AMA. I got my start on Conan the Barbarian
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
File: red_epic_arri_kit-1024x576.jpg (63 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
red_epic_arri_kit-1024x576.jpg
63 KB, 1024x576
Famous filmmaker here, AMA. I got my start on Conan the Barbarian and am now an accomplished filmmaker in the DGA. My last film was shot on a Red Epic (same camera used on The Hobbit)
>>
As obvious as this is, there are people stupid enough to believe this bullshit OP.
>>
File: Gonna Need Sauce On That.jpg (16 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
Gonna Need Sauce On That.jpg
16 KB, 400x400
Sure thing, sugartits.
>>
Can we talk about symbolism in film, particularly the lionsgate films..
>>
>>63561005
Finally a real question. Symbolism is something inherent in all art, especially visual works like cinema. The way a filmmaker decides what visual metaphor to use depends on the setting, scene, and plot. Sometimes metaphors come to you on the spot though and you just go with it.
>>
There is no dga trainee listed on either Conan movie
>>
>>63561005
>symbolism in lionsgate films
lionsgate is practically the canon films of the 2010s
>>
I have to take a shit AMA
>>
>>63560566
>mfw when i get excited about conan the barbarian then i realize its dave the barbarian i'm thinking of
>>
>>63561070
>I got my start on Conan the Barbarian and am now an accomplished filmmaker in the DGA
>>
>>63561042
This is true, however i was referring to Symbolism perhaps of a different nature, things placed their by certain organizations that sort of thing
>>
>>63561042
>Sometimes metaphors come to you on the spot though and you just go with it.

lmao
>>
Is the Red Epic your favourite?
>>
>>63561070
You don't know how this shit works, just trust me mmkay
>>
>>63561228
Yes theres no other camera with the clarity and light levels of the Red Epic. There is a reason only the best of the best cinematographers use it.
>>
>>63561283
so you're the best of the best cinematographers then?
>>
>>63561283
>Yes theres no other camera with the clarity and light levels of the Red Epic
whatta a hack
>>
>>63560566
Is that the actual Conan the Barbarian or the irrelevant remake?
>>
>>63561399
I only hire the best of the best
>>
>>63560566
Why would a famous filmmaker boast about using Red Epic or any other digital camera?

Using digital camera is a cost saving move.
>>
>>63560566
Do you know Max Landis? Does he post on 4chan?
>>
>>63560566
PROOF
R
O
O
F

POST A PIC OF YOU WITH A PAPER THAT SAYS /tv/ 12/12/15 with a pic of your camera
>>
Have you ever seen a grown man naked?
>>
>>63560566
Why would you shoot a man before throwing him out of a plane?
>>
>>63560566
what is a film?
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.